“They definitely aim to please” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hospedaje Oceano

Hospedaje Oceano
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Huanchaco
Columbia, South Carolina
“They definitely aim to please”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I lived in Trujillo, Peru volunteering for 9 months and before I flew back home I decided to take a week of vacation and stay with my boyfriend in Huanchaco. I decided to stay at this cute, family-run hostel based on the great price and clean rooms and I'm so glad I did. Seriously, this is the best deal in Huanchaco. for S/. 30 you can get a double room, (continuous!) hot water, wifi, cable, daily housekeeping and the place is really quiet, not a rowdy party hostel. Your well-being is the owners' highest priority and it shows. They are very friendly and accommodating. The only downside is that there isn't much of an ocean view and some of the rooms only have windows facing out into the hall which makes the room rather dark. Otherwise, wonderful all around. I am going back to Huanchaco for a couple of weeks and I have no doubt of where I will be staying...

Room Tip: If available, ask for one of the three 2nd floor rooms that face the street. They are much brighter.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christiana J

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

You just cant get better than this.15 soles per night per person.1 minute from the beach.Quiet street.The owners really care about you and are one of a kind.Perfect Perfect Perfect.If i had more time i would os stayed longer.When u come to Huanchaco you must stay here.Real good security.

San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed in Hospedaje Oceano for three nights and we loved it. We plan to return there after our week in Mancora. At only 15 soles per person, we got a private room with a private bathroom, hot water, decent Internet, and full access to the kitchen. There is a reason they're so popular on Trip Advisor - one of the best places we've stayed in 2 months backpacking in Peru. We were originally at My Friend Hostel for 10 soles per person, which is okay, but the hot water in our shower never worked there, and we didn't have access to a kitchen.

Even paying the 5 soles extra for Oceano, we saved a lot of money by visiting the local market and cooking many of our own meals. (Much healthier too!) I definitely recommend this place!!

Lima, Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I m just come back from Trujillo, and my experience in Huanchaco, is unforgatable! Oceano is so confortable, relax and the most important, very cheap!! the food in the Oceano is delicciuos and the attention too! You can prepared you own food if you need, they offer the kitchen for the tourist! prizes?? less than 10 dollars for night, with cable TV, private bathroom. There is so quite, and near the ocean, I will be there again soon! Thanks Carlos, the owner and his wife, congratulations!!!

Room Tip: All Oceanos room are very good, they have a veiw of the ocean, my advise for travelers is, not more...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This little hostel is awesome.
We found it by wandering the streets.
We had checked into My Friends hostel in the next street at first, but when we did we found My Friends to be dirty, I didn't want to stay there. So we were delighted when we found a room here.
In fact so delighted we stayed here 4 nights.
It is one street from the beach.
We could see the ocean from the window.
It is SUPER CLEAN.
It has a kitchen, so I could cook - yeah!
The family are quiet, and caring, and when my son had an upset stomach, Hope (the wife) advised me on which tea to make him.
Carlos is a passionate chef and runs a great little and affordable restaurant downstairs too.
It is a small hostel.
I cannot fault this place.
I would recommend it and give it 5 stars.
I think their short change themselves and could charge more for the private rooms - at least 10 Soles more. It is a bargain.
Oh and did I mention nice fluffy white towels, room cleaned daily, soap, soft fresh sheets and a lovely mattress and pillows.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay at the hostal... Only ate at the restaurant. Had the pan triple and was sooooo good! The jugo de piña was delishhh. Good price, even on a Peruvian budget. Will come back again. Quietly located one block from the ocean. It's nice to be chill.

• Stayed September 2013
Huaraz, Perú
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Living in the Cordillera Blanca in Peru I have many opportunites to take a trip to the beach. I prefer Huanchaco. I have stayed in The Oceano many times. Carlos and his family are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are quiet and clean. It doesnt matter what time your bus rolls into Trujillo, Carlos will always be there to open the door and if there is a room available you are able to take it and not pay for the extra morning. Need a place to store your things because you only have 10 hours between buses? The Oceano will store and you can hangout in the lobby between your trips to the beach for a small charge. The family also sells cremoladas that are to die for. The cafe should also be open soon.
Cant wait to return next december. Enjoy!
Cecilia Hirt de Huaraz

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have small view of the ocean and park across is across the street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo