“Very cool place”

Otra Cosa Restaurante Vegetariano
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Huanchaco
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Food:Otra Cosa is a warm friendly restaurant that has many offerings for both travellers and tourists. Our kitchen specializes in healthy vegetarian dishes with economical daily specials. We have two kitchens, which allows us to serve fresh fish dishes including a local favourite Ceviche.Our customers enjoy a wonderful coffee in the morning overlooking the ocean and a breathtaking sunset during dinner.Whether you are traveling as a family, with a tour or flying solo; all can find a temporary home here at Otra Cosa sharing delicious food, fun and great conversation. You will almost always meet someone who speaks your language when you visit.We have a small shop with local handicrafts and a traveller's library with Peruvian tourism information.Accommodations:Two rooms for rent for short or long visits. The rooms are safe and the location is welcoming. Excellent access to the beach and all the amenities of Huanchaco.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This place is nice in different ways: the food is good, fresh, and there's choice on the menu, and lots of choice for Veggies.
There's space if you're a big group (we were 7 and did not wait long). If you sit in the inside, you have the view on the ocean.
It is a friendly atmosphere and the owner speaks English (very nice). There is also a TV if you want to watch a (football) game.
Also, they work with local associations to help children, by selling artifacts.
In three words: don't miss it!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

After three months in Peru this was my perfect "detox" restaurant. The fruit was so good (and it didn't get me sick!) and the veggies were good also. I'm not a vegetarian but I was happy to find a healthy place to eat. The sweets are good too if you want something a little unhealthy, especially the apple pie but the hot chocolate was also yummy. Barry, the owner, and his staff are so nice, and that was refreshing since customer service is not always abundant in Peru. The pricing isn't the absolute cheapest, but I felt like the prices correlated well with the portion size (pretty big!). It's definitely NOT traditional peruvian food, but was a welcomed break for me.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Amazing food! I'm not a vegeterian but could not stay away from this restaurant. After weeks of too much salt and potatoes it was so nice to have some real, healthy food. Portions are big and the atmosphere is relaxed.

1  Thank 780amy12
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I ate here a load of times and the food was always pretty good and the portions were great. There was always a lack of spice though and the food came off a little bland. I keep it at 4 stars because of the portions and because of the dutch apple pie which I ate more than anythign else. Oh my goodness that was awesome. A mini travel vacation in my mouth.

Service is terrible, food takes forever. 15 minutes for a slice of pie. I got in the habit of telling them I was in a rush all the time. It became a joke between us (as I clearly had nothing going on ) but my food got served with more haste.

BerryOtraCosa, Public Relations Manager at Otra Cosa Restaurante Vegetariano, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

thanks for your review and yes it was always fun with the humor , greetings from the staff and hope we see you again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Sure, there are other, cheaper places you can go-but you get what you pay for. In fact, the daily menú, which ranges from S10-12 is a massive, healthy meal and pretty affordable, in my opinion. The coffee is strong and delicious, and the staff are very friendly! (Hi Sandra, Armand, and Barry!) The wi-fi is good and the atmosphere has a friendly, upbeat, artsy vibe. I hear that the owner gets involved heavily with helping in the community and your tips go partially towards this effort.

BEST OF ALL, DO NOT MISS THE APPLE PIE! I have just been informed that I can buy a whole apple pie from them, which I just might very well do, one of these days. It's served hot with ice-cream and everyone at my B&B has something of an addiction to the pie.

I also recommend the falafel. Big Time Yum!

BerryOtraCosa, Owner at Otra Cosa Restaurante Vegetariano, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

thanks for your lovely review and greetings from all of us.