“Most forgetable meal in Peru”
Review of Club Colonial

Club Colonial
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Huanchaco
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Reservations recommended
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Definitely not the typical generous Peruvian portions. Flavor was "OK". Service was very good. Doesnt merit a return visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

service up to standard,great location,the food and acommodations are top, and personnel very friendly

3  Thank peruwaverider
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Had breakfast there and we enjoyed it. It was a prefix menu which was plenty to eat. Brought us croissants and bread from a local bakery which were pretty good-nothing compared to a French bakery though. Eggs were fine and coffee has definitely been better at other places in Peru. We most enjoyed sitting outside on the lovely terrace to eat our breakfast.

2  Thank Lisgal06
Reviewed May 7, 2011

The problem with only 2 reviews is I have to take some responsibility. But the best restaurant in Northern Peru, really? You sould raise yor expectations.

My wife ordered shrimp stuffed avacado and pasta with shrimp and I ordered the osobuco. No osobuco so I ordered the tuna,what no tuna? Ok, Salmon? No salmon. Try to be reasonable but this was going to be our big night out at the " best rest in Northern Peru" so I settle on the Chicken Cordon Blue and the salad with nuts and blue cheese.

The bread comes and it is warm with good butter a good start.

Unfortunately after my wifes shrimp starter we were informed they were out of shrimp so my wife had to change her order to the chicken with mushroom and taragon.

I should note that we were the only patrons in the rest at 8:30 and we called for a reservation at 2 pm so they new we were coming.

My wife enjoyed her substitue but my substituted cordon blue was served with 1/4 raw and not cooked.

I am trying to be kind but this was in fact the worst restaurant we have eaten in our 30 days in Peru.

Reviewed July 21, 2009

I've been many times to Club Colonial, and keep coming back everytime I'm in Trujillo. I think the best way to describe it is service with LOVE. Everything, from the food to the decoration to the service itself, is great. The last time I was in Huanchaco, I called them and asked if they could arrange a romantic dinner for my wife and me. They were waiting for us with an ice cold bottle of champagne and flowers all over the table and made sure everything was perfect. Along with the Big Ben, the best place in Huanchaco by far.

2  Thank supermellowman