“Nice place”

Ranked #4 of 12 Paracas B&B and Inns
Piestany, Slovakia
“Nice place”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed just one night but can't say nothing wrong about it. Room was nice, clean and bright. It has a small balcony with nice ocean view. Reception staff is not very friendly. Probably because of language barrier. Who knows?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Santa Marta, Colombia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed just one night here, you wouldn't want to spend many more in Paracas. Stayed in a dorm that I had to myself, each dorm has it's own bathroom. Very comfortable, bright room with a small balcony and sea view. Rooftop area (where the excellent included breakfast is served) has an even better view. Corridors & stairs were currently being renovated.
Receptionist seemed very surprised to see me when I walked in, a little hard to get information from but booked me Islas Ballestas and Reserva Paracas tours for a reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I read the previous review before coming here so there were reservations about choosing this hotel. I think that guy has a serious problem!
This place is fantastic. So good in fact that I have now been here for 6 days! I am a relaxed traveler, somewhere between really fussy budget traveler and cheap hotel. I checked in to their only dormitory, 20 soles per night. I have not had any other sharers with me for the duration. The reception is friendly and helpful, the place is spotless, and I mean absolutely spotless. Wifi is perfect, quite at night, great location, awesome upper balcony area to chill out and over look the bay.
I cannot find a fault with this place. I think I might stay another night!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank markaschmitt
Dijon
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I'm a student making a worldtour, so you can imagine that I've been to places cheap but this place is the worst I know from all over America Latina. In a general way, Paracas is an horrible place; very expensive with nothing interesting to do... But this hotel is so bad I don't want to pay the room... 1h waiting for the breakfast!!! VERY VERY NOISY, the staff isn't cool and always ignore you, they tried to make me paid more then I had to, they invented things and the moment I said that It wasn't possible they retracted.. but the view is nice, that the only positive point.
Try it if you want to spend money in a tourist trap.

Room Tip: Trust me don't go.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Maxime21

Travelers are raving about these Paracas hotels

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Paracas for a day/night without having a reservation, but chose Hostal Mar Azul based on other reviews on Trip Advisor. I was worried that there wouldn't be any rooms available as January can be busy time of the year in Paracas, but we were given a room with a balcony (note: not a dormitory room) that included the basic breakfast of bread, jam, juice, and coffee/tea. Wi-fi connection was typical of most places I've stayed in Peru (i.e. decent, but sometimes signal wasn't strong/working).

The staff could speak some English and accommodated our travelling Spanish. They also arranged our tour to the Islas Ballesta for 35 soles per person for the next day and recommended that we take the earliest tour to avoid the blazing sun.

Overall a pleasant stay!

Note: There is only one ATM in Paracas located in the business centre of a posh hotel about a 15-minute walk from the main beach. In the sun, this jaunt to get more cash can be tortuous so grab a taxi/moto-taxi.

• Stayed January 2013
London, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hostal is clean, great location and has very helpful staff. Its located just metres from the beach and the hostel owners have their own tour company so they will happily book you a boat trip to the Islands the day after you arrive or a tour to the national reserve, without the added commission that other places in town will add to the cost of your excursion. They offer single rooms, doubles twins or they had a dormitory as well with attached bath and a great view looking out to sea. Unfortunately i wasn't enjoying the company of a group in the dorm at the time of my stay but they very kindly moved me to another room, which i really appreciated. Great place, lovely roof terrace and great price. Would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. We had a ground floor room and would probably recommend trying to get one with a small balcony.
The room was large with a wardrobe, bed side lamps and a tv. The bathroom had a decent shower which was always hot.
Breakfast was served on the roof - a decent enough view of the bay - and consisted of bread, jam, juice and hot drink.
Wifi was poor. They changed the password one night and it worked for a while but then wouldn't connect. There is a computer at the Reception desk and we were told it was for guests. When the younger "receptionist" is there she spends most of the time on it so you will probably need to remind her!
We did a tour through the hotel and the land lady took us down to the docks and we jumped a fair bit of the cue!
Happy enough stay and good that it canbe reserved through Booking.com.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple