DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paracas - Peru
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Paracas
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel is definitely a five-star hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The hotel is very nice overall. It is well maintained and thenpool area is very nice. One thing to beware of is that the restuarant is VERY expensive. I would recommend going into town and eating at some of the restuarants on the boardwalk, as they are just as good at half the price (plus the overall atmosphere is great on the boardwalk). Also, take sunscreen! I went to buy some at the hotel and the cheapest option was $40! I chose to get sunburned instead. Despite these shortcomings, I wouldn't change our decision tomstay at this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,895)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

After driving through the coastal deserts this hotel was a pleasant surprise - stunning ocean views, beautiful rooms and excellent bird watching from the beach. The decor is stunning - our room had a living area as well as a bedroom but we spent our time hanging out on the balcony enjoying the view. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2013

After 11 months backpacking and the very exhausting Machu trek experience, this was an end-of-the-backpacking-road treat for us: two nights in total luxury. We didn't leave the complex from the moment we stepped in, until the moment we left, and we loved every second of it.

We were given an ocean-facing suite (although we only booked and paid for pool-facing) and it was absolutely classily appointed, from the comfortable kingsize bed, cable tv, good wifi, and an attached living room to spread out and breath out, to the quality toiletries, kept well stocked throughout our stay, and quality filter coffee provided in-room.

Buffet breakfast was five-star, with a dizzying selection to choose from, and we very much enjoyed eating at the restaurant for other meals too: more expensive than your usual restaurant, obviously, but actually the portions were ginormous (unexpected), so much so that dessert was most definitely not possible. The tacu tacu was a real find.

The only minor downside was the pool was too cold to enjoy, and the wind blowing across the top of it, also chilly. However, the jacuzzi was love-er-ly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

After a long tiring trip here in a minibus the warm chocolate cookie hit the spot. What a lovely welcome. The surprise continued as I was taken to my 'room', a comfortable lounge as well as the expected bedroom and spacious bathroom. Daylight revealed a patio with loungers looking onto a garden with the bar and swimming pool beyond. The whole complex was spotless, including the pool which was beautiful. The food and service was very good, (with more chocolate cookies if you asked).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel looks very average from outside but it gets better when you walk in. All rooms have amazing view of the ocean. Our room/suit had living area, small kitchen, and pretty big patio. Swimming pool is beautiful, it was too cold for us to swim so we took a walk on the beach. My only complain is coffee at their breakfast buffet, it was bad really bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel was great. The pool as centrepiece with its beach front was so alluring that I spent too much time there and got sun burnt. The room I had also opened onto the beach and the room was more of a suite with separate living room from bedroom with each their own TV. This is one of the few hotels that I stayed in Peru where the Wi-Fi was outstanding. Signal strength was fantastic in most parts of my suite. Waking up to see ocean and beach ... simply awesome.
The pool is 4' in depth and is one of those shallow slopes from nothing so you can do the full walk into the pool without being suddenly submerged in water. Could have floated there all day. The hot-tub was also nice. Buffet breakfast was one of the best ones that I had in Peru.
The only criticism I would have is that the serving staff will hand you a bill at the end of your last breakfast at the hotel ... it will total $0, but the intention (although not quite spoken as such) seems to be that the waiters wanted you to tip them. We were told that you don't tip in Peru and this seemed a little pushy for my likes so I didn't leave a tip.

Room Tip: Get a beachside room, the view is gorgeous. And don't worry about people looking in from the bea...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is amazing. The rooms are very big, like apartments, with a dining-room, a kitchen and a little terrace. The beds are also very comfortable. The swimming-pool facing the sea is the best highlight. Very clean and with excellent sunbeds. And you don't need a towel as they lend you one there.
The breakfast buffet was one of the bests in our trip to Perú. They have anything you want, fruits, hot food, pastries, Peruvian dishes...
The hotel is not in the city centre. At first I thought this was going to be a problem as we wanted to go in town for dinner but I was wrong. The food is great and also is the service. We had a delicious dinner with Peruvian dishes and it was not expensive.
We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. I hope I can be back there if I ever return to Perú.

Room Tip: If your room faces the swimming-pool (and these rooms are cheaper than the ones facing the sea) you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family