“Excellent Service, fantastic drinks and great food!”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paracas
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Paracas
Madison, New Jersey
“Excellent Service, fantastic drinks and great food!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The hotel is pretty and it is probably the most luxurious hotel in the area. But, what makes this place a little gem is the manner in which employees treat their guests. Everyone is super nice and they go the extra mile. If you have a question about Peruvian history or culture go ahead and ask them. If they do not know the answer they will have it in the next couple of minutes. If you want something that is not on the menu they will try to accommodate you and make it for you. (And they do not do it for the tip, they do it because they genuinely care about their guests.)

The hotel is located in a great area. Close to "Islas Ballestas", "Reserva Nacional de Paracas" the boulevard and "La Taberna de Don Jaime". You could exchange dollars there. (They will pay you a little bit less that in a "casa de cambio" in Lima, but it is not a big difference and it is safe to change your money there.) They also have an ATM (Global Net) We use it once we run out of cash. (They only have 2 ATM's in all Paracas.)

The food from the hotel was delicious! But, it was more like a fusion of Latin american flavors..it wasn't the real deal and it was expensive. (Although it was not the real deal, it was still good.. I just prefer more traditional food than gourmet food) On the other hand, the portions were huge and like I said.. it was still Yummy!

The Drinks : They had a great variety of cocktails, wines and Piscos. (But, no Peruvian wines!) I thought that was crazy..I mean if I am vacationing in Peru and I am in an area where they make wines .. you kind of expect to try their wines. Right? They had Chilean and Argentinian wines .. but no Peruvian wines :(

Tips: Have you ever try Lucuma? It is a typical peruvian fruit and it is my favorite. They did not have any drinks in the menu with it.. but the bartender make me a delicious "Lucuma Pina Colada and a Lucuma Daiquiri". Yes! you guessed it, that's all we drank during our stay in the hotel and it was DELICIOUS!

Tips on how to tip: Besides, of what everyone says .. make sure you tip! It is a nice gesture and this people really do go the extra mile. (10% of the bill will do it.) One more thing...all employees share their tips, so if you really like the service that a particular staff member gave you! Give she/him the tip in cash and in his/hers HANDS. I was very upset when I found out that they all shared their tips.

The crowd.. it is mostly American and European tourist an very few local people. The few Peruvians that were staying in the hotel and that I met lived in the USA and where their on vacation. (The majority of people were b/wn the ages of 40 and up. (So, if you want to party or maybe hang out in the lounge at night Don't even think about it.) We were having some drinks in the bar by the pool with some other couples that we met in the hotel and suddenly the background music from the bar was turn off. To make the story short a older couple ask for the music to be cut off. lol! Anyway, we all took a taxi and went to "La Taberna de Don Jaime". We ended up having a great time.

Room Tip: The beach looks more like a lake, so I wouldn't waste my money paying extra money for it. The po...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
dbauertrip, Director General at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paracas, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor User

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences during your last stay with us in Paracas. We are glad that you have enjoyed your time with us and specially that you enjoyed our food and service. All our team members are committed to go "the extra mile" for our guests and it is very nice when our guests notice this.

We hope to see you soon again in Paracas and in the Doubletree by Hilton Resort Paracas.

All the best
Dietrich Bauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wiener Neustadt
Reviewed April 17, 2012

ive been there just for 2 nights on the weekend.
very modern styled and causual fancy.
the best things for me: pool, breakfast and dinner buffet.
but outstanding was the spa. i had a 1,5h massage which was just awsome.
they really know what they do, and belive me i had already many massages.

because it was an invitatino from a businesspartner i do not know if the costs are balanced to what you get, but you get definitly a great atmosphere!

paracas itselfe... great spot, but for me to windy, for kitesurfers it is a paradies, but for laying on the beach or pool the wind is sometimes really anoying.

a 3h trip by boat, was a absolute highlight. thousends of sealions and humbolt penguins as well as some nasca lines gave me a great impression of that area.

if the wind is ok for you, which you have to consider in paracas.
the doubletree hilton, is the place to be!

Best regards.
Andreas

Room Tip: maybe you should ask for a room not to far from the lobby/main building; and perhaps you get beach/s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
dbauertrip, Director General at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paracas, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to greet you again in a near future.

Doubletree by Hilton Resort Paracas
Denmark
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I and my wife stayed 2 nights at this hotel in March 2012. The hotel is beautiful, lies directly on the beach and has some stunning views of the sea. The location is very isolated - nowhere to go except by taxi, bus etc.

The staff is kind and helpful - but most of the employees do not speak English. Which - sometimes - makes things a little bit complicated for non-speaking guests. Ordering a drink for instance can end up in a farce ...

The dinner buffet should be avoided. Not rally exciting. But the a la carte menu is quite extensive and food is pretty good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
dbauertrip, Director General at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paracas, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel.

Thank you as well for your comment about the buffet, I will certainly look into this myself.

Doubletree by Hilton Resort Paracas
Bangalore
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We ( me and my wife) reached this hotel around 12 noon on 23rd Feb12 and we were told that our room would be ready only by 3 pm or so! Luckily, we had the program of visiting Nazca lines in the afternoon and therefore, we left the hotel immediately. Later, we found the room very big ( with an ante room and the bed room with huge windows facing the Creek) typically, the kind of room you get in Disneyland or in Las Vegas ( Bally's ). The size of the room, bed, the bathroom, everything was big. It really gives you a feeling whether you are in Peru or somewhere in USA. We are vegetarians and our room tariff included dinner and as usual, we could not see any vegetarian food in the buffet and therefore, we called the chef to make some vegetarian food. They provided a nice vegetarian soup, some noodles and some curry ( which was not hot!). We tried our first Pisco Sour there and no complaints, it was good! The swimming pool is very large and I think, people visit this hotel with kids only to enjoy the swimming pool. You should get up early in the morning and take a walk on the beach where you will get to see many different kinds of birds, a prelude to what you get in Ballestas Island! Breakfast was quite big and was a lavish spread. Somehow, I found some lacking in the taste, maybe, I am not an expert in this variety of food. Overall, the place reminisces our American vacations.

Room Tip: Naturally, the rooms facing the creek and not the garden
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor User

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences during your last stay with us in Paracas. We are glad that you have enjoyed your time with us and we hope you have enjoyed as well our famous Chocolate Chip Cookies.

All the best
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I felt like I was in a paradise. However, the rooms, food and drinks are too expensive. Also the hotel doesnt have a shuttle, and if you get there by bus, is a little scary to get a taxi at night in the middle of a desert. Dont even bother going there if you want to enjoy the beach because you cant get in the water, their jelly fish are bigger than a person. The hotel is beutiful, the pool is perferct, the food is not worth the price. Just 5 minutes away for a 5$ taxi you can go to the closest reataurants in town. Ask the taxi about the tours and you will pay 70% less than the hotel's stealing price. The rooms are gorgeus, the view as well. However is a little noisy, but you can fit 6 people because is huge.

Room Tip: get the garden/pool view, it is less expensive, and is the same thing as a beach view. The beach is...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
singapore
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Should anyone be making a trip to see the Nazca line starting from Lima, I would suggest a break in Paracas and trying out the Doubletree by the Hilton. I make the mistake of not doing so and in the process the ride was longer than the flight due to the distance travelled. Instead, leave Lima in the morning for the Nazca line and proceed to Paracas and enjoy a swim in the pool at Doubletree. The sight is awesome with Paracas Bay and the Pacific in the background. Enjoy a walk at the little village at the road entrance to the Doubletree. see the fisherman with their catch and the pelicans in the water. Take a trip to Ballestras the next morning before heading back to Lima. You will enjoy your holiday better with this more relax itinerary.

Room Tip: Was there for lunch only but was impressed by the service and the ambience of the place.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank passionfruitsin
dbauertrip, Director General at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paracas, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your short visit to our Hotel and hope to greet you again in a near future as a Guest.

Thank you very much for your tip for all other Tripadvisor users...

Lima, Peru
Reviewed February 17, 2012

the hotel is fine, but make sure your room is ready before arriving. I got there last sunday 12th with my wife and daughter at 3:50PM and the room was not ready until 4:45. The front desk lady just said that it was not their fault because they had a late check-out, no apologize!
And here´s more. Next morning while we were out in the beach our daughter called us on the cell phone because she couldn´t get out of the room, the lock did not work! I ran and luckly could release her free. I had to call several times to have it fixed but it did not happen until late that day.
Aside from this nuances, the service was great, but I am not sure if I would give them another chance

Room Tip: Do not accept room 211!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank delusioned
Dear Tripadvisor User

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and share your experiences during your last stay with us. We are very pleased to know that you liked our Hotel and that you expressed the strong points you have noticed during your stay.

Regarding to the challenges you have experienced during your stay you can rest assure that I will personally take care to bring this to the attention of our staff and that we will take the corrective measures to ensure that this will not happen again. As you can see in other reviews one of our strong points is the customer service and therefore we regret that you have not had this impression.

You can always contact me directly to my e-mail address dietrich.bauer@hiton.com if you would like to share in more detail your experiences.

Best regards