“Came for three days, stayed for three weeks” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa de La Sirena

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Troncones
Casa de La Sirena
Shoreline, Washington
“Came for three days, stayed for three weeks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

My husband and I have been car camping in Mexico since January. We came down Baja then took the ferry across to Mazatlan and got as far as Troncones. We were content to be traveling and had intended on going further but quickly became "hooked" on Troncones. Not only does it have a great beach, nice small town feel and friendly people but it also offers an array of great accomodations right on the beach! We have been staying at Casa de la Sirena for the past three weeks and are finding it hard to leave! We had planned on staying only three nights but enjoyed it so much we just kept adding nights. Sirena offers a very private compound with lush gardens, a pool and beach area with palapas. We stayed in a mini-villa and enjoyed a nice big bathroom, a bedroom with screened windows and an open air kitchen/dining/living area with an excellent view of the beach. The owners do an excellent job of thinking of everything guests would want while on vacation.
We would highly recommend staying here and will plan on returning ourselves!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Roseville, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

This was my first trip to Casa de la Sirena and I was blown away from the moment I went through the gates of the property! The grounds are absolutely BEAUTIFUL...oh and then you get to the beach views...spectacular! I stayed in the private villa, what an experience. We had our own pool with a view of the beach, since it was only steps away from the pool! I enjoyed walking on the beach, it is beautiful. The chairs on the beach behind the property are PERFECT to watch the sunsets! I was able to have a pedicure poolside and a massage on the top floor of the private villa. The staff is so friendly and obviously hard working because the grounds are lush and beautiful and the rooms are clean!! There are restaurants within walking distance. Needless to say it was very hard to leave this amazing property and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Elk Grove, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

I just returned from another amazing trip to Troncones, Mexico and Casa de la Sirena.

First, I am not one to write reviews unless I am truly impressed, and once again, I definitely was. This was my third visit to Casa de la Sirena and it keeps getting better! The proprietors, Debbie and Mike are the most gracious hosts I have ever experienced. The staff is incredibly professional and helpful and made my third trip the most wonderful yet!

I stayed in the Private Villa with it's gorgeous views and incredible privacy. The weather was perfect, so I was able to leave my windows open the whole time and be lulled to sleep every night by the sound of the crashing waves. I was graced with fresh tropical flowers in my room every day. The entire hotel is incredibly clean and the grounds are incredibly lush and beautifully manicured. I love the fact that I had my own outdoor kitchen area. You can stay in or go out! I love having the option! I also love the fact that the only thing that separates you from the beach is the swimming pool. It's RIGHT THERE!!!

I love the beach here. Walking everyday makes exercise feel like luxury, especially during the amazing sunsets that we experienced. Everyday is a new adventure on what you may see: shells, turtles, birds, etc.

The staff at Casa de la Sirena really make your stay feel like you are family. They are incredibly warm and always have smiles on their faces. You can tell that they really enjoy working here and want you to have a wonderful experience.

I was able to schedule to have a massage. The massage therapist came to my room and I was outside on the veranda listening to the waves. An incredible experience!

They just opened a new boutique in the hotel that has some amazing finds. Beautiful jewelry and items that are unique to the different regions of Mexico. Yes, I definitley spent money in the boutique!

I have traveled to many tropical locations: the Hawaiian islands, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, the Bahamas and other areas of Mexico and I truly enjoyed my experience here more than any of the others. I will definitely be scheduling my fourth trip to Casa de la Sirena!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

Casa de la Sirena offers the best of all worlds - lush tropical setting , privacy, comfort and security, beautiful decor, immaculate maintenance, friendly and considerate hospitality, easy access to beach/restaurants/ convenience stores. Other reviewers haven't left me much to say - believe it all! I would like to add, however, that the beach/pool loungers were the most comfortable I have ever enjoyed, anywhere, bar none, and the beach palapas allowed us to enjoy hours of oceanfront reading in the shade. Staying here was a true delight. Muchas gracias, Debbie and Mike!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2010

We stayed in Casa de la Sirena for 10 days during February of this year. From the owners to the service people to the cooks to the townspeople- our experience was fabulous. Prices are great.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

We love Troncones and have been vactioning there since 2003 and this trip we agreed that the Sirena is the only place we will ever stay. We recently rented the private villa with our family including our 16 month old son who was on his first of many future trips to Troncones. We had rented the villa previously in December 2007 so we knew how absolutely lovely the grounds and houses are.

We walked through the gate after a long long day of traveling with our son and were met with a big smile from Debbie and Mike, the owners, and a home cooked meal cooked by Celia. It was outstanding. The rest of the vacation was equally outstanding. We highly recommend hiring a cook for at least half of your meals, both lunch and dinner, because there are many days where you are so relaxed that you do not want to even think about leaving the pool or make any decisions about where to eat or what to eat. And the food is excellent.

This is a good place to stay if you are traveling with a small child because it had gates in the front and back of the property that are not easy for a small child to open. Debbie and Mike and the rest of the staff were also super conscious about thinking about little things that would make our stay easier with a toddler and even procured a packaway crib for us. We brought a life jacket for our son and just kept it on him when downstairs at the pool.

Really, I cant even say enough good things about this special place. My only fear is that is will get so popular that we wont be able to reserve it to go back again and again!

Portland, Oregon

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

Casa de La Sirena is everything you read and MORE! We enjoyed our week, the mini villa 3rd floor is private and spacious. The pool is always welcoming as is long walks either way on the beach. The town of Troncones is nice to explore- small and personal. Our hosts Mike and Debbie are the BEST and very personable! Humberto and Ana take great pride in their casa and want the guests to enjoy their stay.

We didnt miss tv as we had our laptop with wireless in the compound. We especially enjoyed the other guests and just hanging out.

Food in Troncones is very good - we explored each day and drove up to Manzanillo Bay for a meal and then to the surfing bay Play la Saladita to watch the surfers.

Only BAD experience is with the rental car agency in ZIH. Europa Car rental at the airport. They thought we needed to pay more so found "dents and damages
" that were a figment of their imagination to the tune of an addl $ 342! A warning to anyone reading this - do not use Europa car rental!!!!

We plan to return next year to this Paradise in mexico! thank you Mike and Debbie!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#2 of 7 in Troncones
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 11 in Troncones

Been to Casa de La Sirena? Share your experiences!