All reviewsyoga classesthai massageqi gongopen airhealthy fooddeep tissue massagespa treatmentsamazing yogahalf pricer rrestaurant staffbeautiful placethe pacific oceanhorseback ridinga special placewonderful foodparadise on earth
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Food was ok. Not bad but no good also. Expensive for quality delivered. One of the Owners was absolutely hostile with our party. My kids were building castles of sand in the beach and he absolutely freak out and said to us that we were not welcome. Maybe he was stressed for a party that they were arranging but I never was treated that way. Nice place...overrated by the way....but unfortunately a very bad experience overall.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
13  Thank Edward L
presentmomentretreat, Manager at Present Moment Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

This was a large group of adults and kids visiting Troncones for the day. The kids were left unattended on the beach, while the adults were in the restaurant. The kids were simply being kids and having fun on the beach. However, we began receiving complaints from our hotel guests regarding the level of noise the kids were making. The beach area is adjacent to our yoga platform and treatment rooms (and we had a yoga class in progress, as well as massages taking place). One of the adults in the party was asked twice to make sure the kids played quietly. Unfortuneately, it seems that the message never got conveyed to the rest of the group. When the issue was addressed for the last time, with some others from the party, they apologized and said they were just settling the tab in the restaurant and were leaving anyway. About fifteen minutes later, a woman in the group that I hadn't yet spoken with approached me angrily, and I confirmed with her that they did indeed need to leave as the kids were being to disruptive to our guests. I maintained calm throughout the interaction, and communicated in a kind and polite manner. As the group was getting into their vehicles the eldest woman of the group came into the reception area, as we were receiving a wedding party, and threatened to embarass me in front of the group. I stepped out side with her, allowed her to berade me and gestured to, a man who appeared to be her son--embarrassed himself, to please take her away. He flashed me an apologetic final glance, and escorted her away. After the wedding party checked-in to the hotel, we realized that two treatments that the family received were never paid. Honestly, there was a miscommunication, and this could've been be avoided by initially addressing the entire party. I never want to see anyone walk away unhappy.

Reviewed April 3, 2017

I have been to Present Moment with my husband several times, I have brought girlfriends and I even convinced my very discerning old boss to do his first solo vacation there. And he just texted me a few weeks ago to tell me he was on route for another trip. Here is what I tell people: It's not the cheapest escape you will ever have. But you are guaranteed not to regret it.

The grounds are immaculate. The staff, from kitchen to therapists to instructors are genuinely lovely. The food is 5 star. The yoga varied and personal. For the yogi and the non yogi alike. The beach and the town are safe and authentic.

Rest and Refresh (or something like that) is the best deal. I have also done Be-Light. Which - is good for re-setting your engines, avoiding margaritas and having a good laugh (do it with friends if possible)

I never left the resort for my first 4 trips (why leave paradise?) and then was convinced to do an eco-tour on my last trip which left me with a broader understanding and appreciation for the community.

My only 'tip' is that there is a room called Solitude that faces the street. I stayed in it twice. The first time it was magical and the second time, just noisy. And I heard these complaints from guests on later trips. Also - most rooms are open air. Which I love - the lovely sounds of the ocean - but air-conditioned rooms are available. But - that's it.

Treat yourself! You will go back!

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hillary W
Reviewed April 2, 2017

We stayed 7 nights at Present Moment. This review is about the restaurant only, which is available to both hotel guests as well as the public. The food is exceptional, among the best in Troncones. Contemporary mexican cuisine and a large menu with lots of options, which is especially nice if you're staying there and eating the food every day. The breakfast menu is awesome (pancakes with fruit & nuts were among the best I've ever tasted). I think the restaurant is open 7:30am - 10pm every day, which is not the case for most restaurants in Troncones.

The prices are among the highest in town, but still not expensive by American standards (perhaps $15 on average for dinner entrees and $6-8 for cocktails). The loophole is to go during Happy Hour, which is 4-6pm EVERY DAY, when all drinks and tapas (appetizers) are 1/2 price. This results in prices more in line w/ cheap local spots ($1.25 beers and $3-5 apps).

I want to emphasize that the service staff is incredible. Just awesome how friendly they are and everyone speaks English. Do yourself a favor and engage the servers in some conversation. It will enhance your dining experience. Live music from 7:30-9:30pm most every night (no cover/cost) is also a nice touch.

If you're looking for more fine dining or romantic night out, this is the place in Troncones. you want to go.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bwa55424
Reviewed April 1, 2017

My husband and I had a magical time at Present Moment. Our room, meals and treatments all predictably wonderful in our week- long stay.
We so appreciated the quality local music and talent.
Hoping that we can return to ride bikes, walk the beach and be blessed in the present moment oasis.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cherryville Y
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

We were staying a few doors down at Villas Troncones during our holiday in Troncones and ate at Present Moment quite a few times. Their prices are more than you may expect for Mexico but the food and drinks are amazing! If you go between 4:00 and 6:00 pm the Tapas and cocktails are half price. The table side guacamole is the best we've had in Mexico. Piña Coladas and Mojitos were wonderful! Smoothies in the morning although a bit pricey were very good! The staff were very friendly and provided excellent service. The resort itself is very beautiful and located right on the beach.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family