Troncones Point Hostel(Troncones)(Great Value!)
$37
Casa Las Piedras(Troncones)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Los Suenos(Troncones)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
La Casa del Faro(Troncones)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyoga classesthai massageqi gongopen airhealthy fooddeep tissue massagespa treatmentsamazing yogahalf pricer rrestaurant staffbeautiful placethe pacific oceanhorseback ridinga special placewonderful foodparadise on earth
Reviewed October 22, 2016

This was my second visit to Present Moments. The first was with my daughter. It was honestly my most special memory.
I had recently lost my husband as well as my home. Let's just say I was losing myself as well. I knew I needed to get away and Present Moments Retreat came to mind. I booked a trip to go by myself. After my stay at the retreat (end of Sept to beginning of Oct) I can honestly say that I have a different outlook on life - "TODAY" is a beautiful day! The accommodations are wonderful, the food is wonderful, the location is absolutely beautiful - but most of all, it's the people!!!! From the waiters, to the managers, to the custodial staff and the Yogi instructors and Nancy- they have given me such a gift! I am living again and will most definitely be back to Present Moments! I highly recommend this resort. My stay was 9 nights and I could have stayed so many more!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
3  Thank pataryan
Reviewed August 30, 2016

I am already trying to see when I can go back to Present Moment Retreat and it cannot be early enough. I traveled solo and mix 2 packages together, (be light and rnr) for a total of 10 nights. With the long travel coming from Toronto, Canada; 10 nights was great. The detox was fantastic and it was exactly what I needed to help restart everything and get my body, mind and spirit back on track. Food was great and I never felt hungry. My massages with Taylor and Nancy were divine....the herb bath was such a beautiful and sacred moment with myself. I am keeping up with my yoga practice now and the wholesome and mindful eating habits I have reconnected with at PMR, I simply feel deeply nourished on all levels. I have met some incredible people that I know will remain in my life for years to come. I checked out with tears in my eyes ( I did not want to leave). Give PMR to yourself. There is a reason why you are attracted to it. :-)

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
6  Thank Valerie R
Reviewed August 28, 2016

We were a party of 7 for breakfast , no one else at the restaurant.
The manager did offer a 50% discount , but we do want to share this experience , for other travellers and for management to improve
1.- waiter couldn't take the first order, he repeated 3 times and it was simple
2.- no one had their plate on time, we all ate alone, while waiting the others t
O be served, but eggs get cold!
2 in the open kitchen preparing Couldn't get 7 meals on time
3.- the worst beans ever, for sure the ladies in the kitchen make killer beans at home
But we got a spoon full of over fried, over dry beans
4.-The home susage was uneatable, and lets not talk about the yougurt plate, over due, acid, uneatable
5.-If you are serving benedict eggs , you need to stick to the receipe, the customer expects eggs benedicting, but a version of those must have an other name, the sauce was uneatable
6.-The dirty chai was undrinkable, only beverage that got a thumbs up was the natural juices, even coffee was bad.

It was a really really unpleasant experience.
The scenary of the resaturant overlooking the beach , went unnotice with the bad culinary and service experience.

We are almost locals in troncones, mom was founder of what troncones is today, and she always told us tne restaurant was pretty bad, we should have heard her advice once again.

Managment and new owner Taylor must take this off season to work on menu, staff and service, specially if they want to charge the prices they are charing now

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank valeriecardenas
PM_Retreat, Owner at Present Moment Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2016

Hello.
My name is Tom and I’m the founder of Present Moment. Over the past 11 years, our restaurant has consistently been heralded as one of the finest in the Troncones; as well along the Pacific Coast as you can read in hundreds of other TripAdvisor reviews. Of course I am equally disappointed by your mediocre breakfast here in paradise…please accept my sincere apology.
We do our utmost to provide and exemplary culinary experience and have found great success since 2005 providing healthy, delicious and beautifully presented spa cuisine. I’m sorry that our team failed you…even famous Michelin Star restaurants get a horrible review on occasion.
You mentioned that we did offer you a generous discount on your meal, and I would like to go one step further an invite your entire group of 7 to join us again for an extraordinary dining experience free of charge. Do not hesitate to contact me personally via our website and I will make an exclusive reservation for you.
There are many facets to our boutique resort, and we strive to excel in each and every one of them with a keen eye on amazing service, first rate quality and overall value. I truly hope that you will give us another try…
Namaste.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

I was a first time visitor to Present Moment early July. The circumstances which brought me to this soulful retreat was not for a joyous getaway, but rather a time to seek some form of clarity to start to heal following a personal traumatic event. I spent two weeks surrounded by peace in the comfort of what Present Moment offered always feeling welcomed by all the staff, from America and Erika at the front desk, to Manuel and the other restaurant/kitchen staff to the pleasantries of housekeeping and grounds keeping. Yoga and body work really aided in my quest for some answers to my situation. The delicious menu offerings enabled me to maintain a healthy diet. The impeccable care of the gardens, grounds and structures was noticeably impressive. My bungalow suited me perfectly, making me feel very tranquil and safe away from the typical expected style of lodging. I will be forever grateful to Tom and Taylor for having the vision to create this wonderful place which helped me to stay present.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
6  Thank Ann252
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

What a fabulous place !! We stayed near by in a villa and came everyday for meditation and yoga twice a day !! The teachers were excellent and all the staff so lovely. We especially loved Manuel the waiter such service and a great personality !! The smoothies and food were delicious !
I can't thank Taylor enough for creating this beautiful haven ask slice of paradise

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends