“Amazing Place”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I don't usually take the time to write reviews but I feel I need to re-confirm all the positive reviews written online. This place IS truly magical. The owner and staff are exceptional and make you feel right at home. The food is to die for and leaves you looking forward to your next meal. The retreat itself is beautiful and serene and feels like a hidden paradise. More importantly, this place exudes positive energy. Everyone I met, including all the guests, were genuine souls who really had a zest and appreciation for all good things in life. I left not only rejuvenated and motivated but made some amazing new friends. Thanks CJ and Staff!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Elzio C
There are newer reviews for Present Moment Retreat

Reviewed September 11, 2009

I stayed at Present Moment in the middle of the summer. The flowers were all in bloom-complete with hummingbirds. It is truly lovely! The bungalows form a semi-circle with a perfect sized pool in the middle. The yoga platform overlooks the ocean with the open air restaurant right next to it. I loved staying here.

I had never travelled solo but really needed to get away. This was the perfect spot on the planet to escape to! I was so warmly welcomed when I arrived. It was like going home! CJ (a co-owner) met me and immediately began introducing me to the staff while giving me a tour around. Within 30 minutes of being there she taught the most amazing yoga class. I joined in and the rest of my 5 night visit was ideal.

All of the staff are very kind and loving. They are professional yet in the most laid-back cool way. Any of the classes they teach are excellent. The restaurant staff are very efficient and the best food is ready for you in a matter of minutes. This is an intimate setting yet there is an attitude which allows you to join in or take as much space and alone time as you want. It felt as though the guest who were there were meant to share the space together at that particular time.

The bugalows are so comfortable with an incredible design and the bathroom and shower area is perfect. I adore this place. There is a very pleasant vibe here. Nothing is demanded of you and everyone is there to be helpful and caring. On a Saturday evening a local group of musicians played in the restaurant area and the music was excellent. If your heart, body and soul is needing some rest and beauty then please give yourself this gift. I am so thankful I found my way here. Namaste!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank michelecolorado
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I went to Present Moment on the spur of the moment, totally frazzled and stressed to the max. This place was the perfect antidote - the location was amazing, the food wonderful, the yoga and other classes were just what I needed. I found CJ and the staff to be incredibly supportive, there when you needed them but never intrusive. I left more in touch with my heart and with a much clearer head - and I still smile when I think of the experience. I will definitely be back...

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My husband and I were in search of a true vacation retreat. We went online and searched yoga and mexico and found Present Moment. We hardly believed the pictures were real, but emailed, called and inquired with owners CJ and Tom. They were very friendly and assured us the photos were real. Once we arrived, everything surpassed our expectations! The rooms, the food, the yoga, the hospitality, the warmth, it was all true relaxation and restoration to our being. The staff treated us like family. With so few rooms, the intimacy of the resort is amazing. You can be at peace on your own or get to know folks in a warm and casual way. The rooms were well appointed and we loved the openness to ocean sounds and breeze. We also enjoyed the little patios to sit and read. The sweet pool was quiet and relaxed, the ocean beautiful and wide open free of high rises and crowds. The energy and intention of the staff, is amazing. From the yoga teachers to the cooks and waiters, everyone wants the guests to find peace in the present moment. And we did, and you can and will.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OregonYogaTraveler
Reviewed July 26, 2009

What a perfect week of total relaxation and healing. If you are looking for a place to go and be treated with love, kindness, compassion and total nurturing to reconnect with yourself and your spirit.......this is definitely the place. Everyone, and I mean everyone, who was on staff from the owner to the gardeners, was respectful and compassionate towards all who were there.
The classes were awesome and the instructors are very compassionate and patient with those of us that were "newby's " to the yoga world. The massages were exceptional and various modalities were offered.
The energy was perfect, the location, remote and the food was healthy,fresh and excellent. Loved staying in my hut and the feeling of being out doors, hearing the ocean and natures sounds.
It's one of those places that even the people who were staying there, were the right people for the moment.
This is definitely someplace I will be returning to on a regular basis as by the time I left, I felt like family. Namaste to those of you that hold the space at Present Moment.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank DenverSaralee
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Present Moment is the only resort I have ever seen that aligns intent and impact so exceptionally. It is truly a beautiful and special place -- my favorite resort in the world, by far. I highly recommend it to both those interested in yoga/spiritually as well as those simply looking for excellent food, drink, lodging and company. It's wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank CHS35
Reviewed July 26, 2009

For anyone who is either at a crossroads in life, sick of work or just needs to get away from their daily routine, this is the place to be. I am not a Yoga nut, by any means, however I joined daily classes, relaxed, read and enjoyed the beautiful setting.

The staff is amazing. I joined daily classes with both Lyn and CJ and they became spiritual advisers as much as they were teachers. I learned so much from them that if I write any more it will sound like I am making it up.

Along with an amazing setting, great food, and friendly people, this is an experience that is not to miss.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank KMc25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#1 of 10 in Troncones
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
#3 of 10 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!