“It was better than I expected and then some...”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed October 22, 2008

What makes this place so nice is the staff. Everyone is so friendly that it felt like staying with a family. The bungalows are beautiful with art and statues. And you are right by the beach! I had a wonderful time and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank yogijill

Reviewed September 24, 2008

Having recently stayed for 7 days at the Present Moment Retreat...my Soul and Heart still resonate with the silence, smiles, love, peace and truly genuine sacredness of this space. I was so peacefully graced with the excitement of all the beauty around, from the sweetness and naturalness of the landscape and grounds to the genuine smiles, attentativeness and kindness from every single person who works there. I can't say enough about how releasing and relaxing my experience was. I have come back to my own space having released so much and am able to connect on a more open and loving level myself....just from having experienced everything Present Moment has to offer. From the massages (I couldn't resist 2 back to back from Julian, who trully has gifted hands and spirit); horsebackriding at sunset on the beach and the warmth of the ocean. And that was only parts of it! The food was amazing and every person there was so open to checking in and at the same time respecting my need for quiet, down time (until I could unwind!). The yoga was just right and when I shared with the instructors the various aspects of my own body and spirit which I desired re-connection with, they were more then willing to work with me on my own level and at my own pace. I'm already looking forward to going back in November, free of expectations...just simply "open".

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank jemaya
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I can easily say Present Moment Retreat is one of the most relaxing and fun places my wife and I have ever been. We stayed last Oct. for a week or so, and eight months later still talk about our trip.

At the property, you are essentially surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. This means time is spent walking or relaxing on a perfect beach, swimming in warm water, practicing yoga, watching the sunset, enjoying the day, or having a great morning.

Equally important, the owners and employees are genuine hosts clearly dedicated to making sure you have a great time. The property, especially the rooms and restaurant, is cared for, manicured, and beautifully decorated. The food and drinks are healthy and amazing, while the restaurant area, which sits on the ocean, is open, fun, and a great place to spend hours reading, relaxing, and having fun. I can easily go on and on, but it comes down to this: Present Moment is an incredible place in an extraordinary location.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2008

It is a gorgeous place they have built there- no doubt one of the most beautiful places on the planet. However, there was too much alchohol and partying at this location for me to consider it a true Yoga retreat. I found that some of the staff were drinking heavily every night and that left me feeling unsafe. If it was just billed as a cool resort, then I would have no complaints. But for them to call themselves "Spiritual" and "cleansing" and "rejuvenating" is misleading. They are not "walking their talk". Sorry to say something critical and I hope it can help in some way...

• Stayed: July 2007
3  Thank argamanguy
natureboy56, Co-founder at Present Moment Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2008

Thank you for the complimentary manner in which you described the environs of Present Moment. We are indeed and spiritually minded center that focuses on many aspects of health, and have had literally thousands of our clients delight in positive, and in many cases transformational, experiences here. We also have a 5 star restaurant which serves over 70 wines from around the world, along with premium spirits and beer. We never have called our retreat an Ashram, and we strongly believe in celebrating life, which may include music, dance, great food and raising a glass or two with our guests. There are 30 staff members on board here, and I can assure you that if anyone of our employees are on duty, they are not drinking. As I have mentioned before, we do our best to live in the moment, and to respect all who share our vision; however we cannot guarantee the meeting of other's expectations. Namaste

Reviewed May 18, 2008

I happily and whole-heartedly recommend Present Moment Retreat for anyone seeking a serene, picturesque surrounding, warm smiles from a friendly staff, out-of-this-world dining, and a menu of wellness services that leave you feeling blissed out. It is no exaggeration to say PM is the closet thing to heaven I've yet encountered. Imagine doing yoga each day, all day, on a bluff overlooking the sea, feeling the power of the sea as waves crash against the rocky shore a few meters below you; imagine sipping mint water after having had a wondrous Reiki or massage under a tent that faces west, as you watch the sun sink slowly below the horizon; imagine taking hour-long walks on a beach that seems all your own because there's no one but you and perhaps a couple of other beach combers and sounds of the waves and spray of the ocean.

The Tom and CJ, the owners and founders of Present Moment Retreat had the vision to see that all that and more was possible, attainable, and affordable. The amount of care and precision with which they built their retreat is evident in every way: in the lovely floral garden arrangements, the hospitality of all their staff, the amazing menu --if anyone is Top Chef, it is Chef Murachi!-- the excellence of their wellness team, and the vast array of wellness activities --Qi Gong, Yoga, Nia, Salsa dance parties, live music.

I went to Troncones because of its reputation for being the ideal spot for longboard surfing, and I did indeed surf. But I didn't expect that my surfing would lead me to such a place of peace, relaxation and centeredness.

Whether you're a surfer, a diver, a snorkeler or someone who simply enjoys the beach, if you go to Troncones, make PM your place of residence. You'll find you won't want to leave, and you may forget what you thought you originally went there for, and perhaps you'll discover why you really went there.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Present Moment is one of THE most beautiful, peaceful places I've ever stayed (including Ritz Carltons!) From the moment of arrival there is a nice calm welcoming atmosphere with the most gorgeous landscaping! This is one place that looks EVEN better than the on line photos!! One can enjoy so much just steps away...a beautiful beach, fabulous classes (the Qi Gong & NIA were my favorites), meeting very open like minded people, the great pool in the middle, incredible massages with the most caring, warm givers, and the best bonus....5 star food!!! The margaritas and enjoying the excellent food looking out over the ocean make me want to live there!!

Judy G
Chapel Hill, NC

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2008

My husband and I followed our intuition on booking a week stay at Present Moment. It was a magical experience for us as soon as we stepped through the gates, unbenounced to us, intuition followed us down in Troncones and manifested itself in the form of a palapa. The sound of the waves sang us to sleep at night after the sumptuous meal that left our bellies laughing. We love the qigong classes and the restorative yoga classes in the afternoons, something that my husband and I could do together. We connected, interacted with fabulous and genuine people, from the owners CJ and Tom, to the teachers, therapists, Nia and fire dancers, housekeeping/restaurant staff, groundskeepers and established budding friendships and sense of family with the other guests who were there for the same reasons: to find respite in the present moment in this hectic high tech world, to learn lessons from each hour as each day unfolded without expectations, to experience(see and be an observer without judging is so relaxing, taste the sand with our feet, smell the aroma of food from the kitchen as it filtered into our palapa which happens to be just a few steps away, feel joy and freedom of effortless movement and to hear the sound of the universe and spaces between thoughts). We felt that we've come home.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ch3ch2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#29 of 78 in Zihuatanejo
Las Brisas Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
#7 of 23 in Ixtapa

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!