“A great trip was had by all!”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A great trip was had by all!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We wife and I joined a group of friends for our second trip to Present Moment. It is becoming one of our favorite places on earth. The grounds are immaculate, the food exceptional, and the service extraordinaire! The facilities blend with the natural surroundings making it so easy to focus on the beauty all around. The therapists are very talented and so motivated for your experience to be the best. The outside services arranged by Present Moment were exceptional.
Well done!

Room Tip: Room by the kitchen has a little more noise at bedtime....but in general the waves make the best sou...
1 Thank stu w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
rkm4858
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was my first trip to Mexico and Present Moment....I stayed for 5 nights in a beautiful pool side bungalow....it was wonderful to go to sleep at night listening to the Ocean! All week it felt like a "pinch me moment".....I felt so lucky to be in this place. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the food is AMAZING!!!!!! I missed the food terribly upon arriving at home. The entire staff knows you by name within 12 hours of arriving. I walked the beach every morning....it was pure Serenity. The body treatments were top notch. I would highly recommend!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I returned for our second visit to paradise two weeks ago. There is no better place to recharge and reconnect to your truth for yourself and for your relationship! What more do we all want than to immerse and deepen with our truest sense of ourselves. Present Moment is the perfect venue. The yoga is spectacular and insightful, the healing modalities are truly transformative and healing. I have has some of my best treatments on these trips! The spectacular food, gorgeous setting, friendly and caring staff and the love of CJ and Coby make it so easy to slip into your truth and let your spirit soar! These people will quickly feel like family. Sunsets are magnificent and the alluring, quiet beach is a most inviting part of the magic. The transformative nature of our stay has inspired and encouraged me to book a week in 2015 for a third visit, this time as a workshop leader with my own yoga group from home! Tom has made it so easy to make this dream come true! Trust your instincts and book your holiday. Gift yourself this time in paradise! It truly is like returning home!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elanaepstein
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My good friend and I visited Presenet Moment after obtaining the special on Groupon. Before our arrival I was in contact with the owner several times to ensure we were prepared and the restaurant could accommodate a gluten-free diet. He always answered my questions within the day. Our stay could not have been more perfect. The bungalows were darling-open air with bathrooms and outlets. I am pretty sure they have more people on staff than are actually visiting. Each member of the staff knew our names within hours of arrival. The food was absolutely amazing-as beautifully prepared as any high end restaurant and healthy too! The bar was fully stocked as well. I completely overpacked. Troncones is a village, folks. If you want night life outside of Present Moment, you might want to consider the 30 minute taxi ride back into Ixtapa. However! Because of the inimacy of PM, you get to know some wonderful, like-minded people and may decide, as we did, to party from within. They provided all you need for yoga, so bring a couple outfits and a little laundry soap and you'll be set. This is a great place to come if you are a single, introverted traveller. Everyone is friendly and respectful if you'd prefer alone time, but available for chit chat too. While there, I did have an accident that was NOT PM related. What I learned: Bring serious pain medication, a first aid kit, and antibiotics with you as the Troncones medical "clinic" is very very limited. Jacquie, the manager, was a savior by arranging travel to this clinic and then sat with me for the duration of the visit to translate for me. Hug her often for me ;-) I can't wait to go back and think this might be my go-to destination when I am sun deprived; with or without companionship. PS Don't miss the release of the baby turtles down the beach!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rhonda C
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've all ready signed up for two more retreats. The food was amazing. The staff was terrific. The beach is perfect for a 4 mile run. The Thai massage was incredible.
I recommend this resort for a perfect long weekend!!!

Room Tip: Sleep in a hammock near the beach!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was my first and hopefully not last trip to Present Moment. I travelled with a group of Zumba girls and my expectations were surpassed beyond my imagination. From the classes and instructors, to the food and the staff, to the massages and excursions, every detail was amazed me. I longed for nothing. I've never been so relaxed and well taken care of. Thank you for a great time and I hope to return again.
Pam Konen, Mpls, MN

1 Thank pkonen
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was my 4th visit to Present Moment and although it was perfection the first time, it seems to get better and better. What makes this retreat spot better than all the rest is the staff. They must be selected with incredible care because, to a person, they are warm, extremely attentive, highly skilled in their role with incredible work ethics. Plus, they retain their staff incredibly well, so it starts to feel like family by your 4th visit ;)

I lead their Zumba/Yoga retreat once a year as a guest (in 2015 it will January 31-February 7) and it is a blast - we dance, practice yoga, get insanely good massages and energy work, go horseback riding on the beach (fast or slow, depending on your ability), hiking and/or kayaking with an eco-guide, cliff jumping, beginner and advanced surf lessons, go on a tour of a farm and have a lunch that was all grown right there, release baby sea turtles with a preservation organization, enjoy traditional Mexican Folk Dance performance... drink Present Moment's amazing cocktails.. and on and on...

The on-site restaurant is phenomenal. Tons of healthy (and less healthy) choices - fresh and creatively prepared. Luckily, participating in all the amazing activities counteracts all the overeating in light of how good the food is - I've usually broken even at the end of the stay ;)

The bungalows are gorgeous - from a dream - the entire property is dreamlike, in fact. Brilliantly designed and maintained.

I could not recommend Present Moment more! MAGIC.

Room Tip: You cannot miss - they are all gorgeous. There's one room with AC but you won't need it as a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#13 of 81 in Zihuatanejo
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 11 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!