“My FAVORITE vacation spot!”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was my 4th visit to Present Moment and although it was perfection the first time, it seems to get better and better. What makes this retreat spot better than all the rest is the staff. They must be selected with incredible care because, to a person, they are warm, extremely attentive, highly skilled in their role with incredible work ethics. Plus, they retain their staff incredibly well, so it starts to feel like family by your 4th visit ;)

I lead their Zumba/Yoga retreat once a year as a guest (in 2015 it will January 31-February 7) and it is a blast - we dance, practice yoga, get insanely good massages and energy work, go horseback riding on the beach (fast or slow, depending on your ability), hiking and/or kayaking with an eco-guide, cliff jumping, beginner and advanced surf lessons, go on a tour of a farm and have a lunch that was all grown right there, release baby sea turtles with a preservation organization, enjoy traditional Mexican Folk Dance performance... drink Present Moment's amazing cocktails.. and on and on...

The on-site restaurant is phenomenal. Tons of healthy (and less healthy) choices - fresh and creatively prepared. Luckily, participating in all the amazing activities counteracts all the overeating in light of how good the food is - I've usually broken even at the end of the stay ;)

The bungalows are gorgeous - from a dream - the entire property is dreamlike, in fact. Brilliantly designed and maintained.

I could not recommend Present Moment more! MAGIC.

Room Tip: You cannot miss - they are all gorgeous. There's one room with AC but you won't need it as a...

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My second visit to Present Moment was just as exceptional as the first. The restaurant is top notch from the amazingly fresh cuisine to the friendly staff that caters to your needs. My favorite items were the chorizo and veggie omelette for breakfast and the Cajun shrimp salad for lunch. I also had several treatments including massage and acupuncture and took a few yoga classes. All were wonderful!

I consider this place a little piece of heaven and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place is amazing! It's so peaceful and friendly. Not only do they have amazing yoga classes they have the best massage therapist and the best staff. I would recommend anyone to come and enjoy an experience here!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My family and I visited Present Moment over New Years. We love every aspect! The environment was relaxing, the staff were personable and were genuinely invested in our experience. We ate at the restaurant almost every night, and thoroughly enjoyed all of our breakfasts and lunches there (especially the smoothies and juices). The classes were all great, and the acupuncture was incredible. Overall, both Trocones and Present Moment were wonderful to experience and I would highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank esl3sk
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food was awful. Seared tuna cooked to rubber and everyone's dinner was way too salty. The only thing that was adequate was the goat cheese salad. Eat anywhere else. Troncones has a lot of good options for dinner.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I spent ten days at the Present Moment Retreat; the staff were fabulous. The morning meditations and yoga classes were very intuitive. On the premises they have a variety of health services for those interested. I felt sublime after staying here for 10 days. Oh and the the restaurant, I wanted to eat every dish on the menu.

Arriving home I realized I had left my $250 sunglasses at in my cabana. I emailed them. The owner personally sent them back to Canada for me at no charge. I would recommend this place to anyone. Don't question it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Miss_Mango_May
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Back to Bliss Yoga just returned from our 2nd trip to Present Moment...& I must say that we will be back again. My favorite part as one of the yoga teachers is that this is such a beautiful setting to teach yoga overlooking the Pacific Ocean. CJ & Cobie did a fabulous job of making our job easier. Our group loved the extra class, especially Qi Gong offered by Peter...thank you so much! The food is superb, the kayaking excursion a big hit, & the restaurant staff with their hearts wide open to us made this trip so special.
My very personal favorite is walking on this fabulous beach & being completely alone, enjoying the sunshine, & dipping into the water.
Thanks so much Tom & CJ for creating this special place! we will be back next January! Jen

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jbrookemt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#9 of 23 in Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
#7 of 23 in Ixtapa

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!