“Profound Healers”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Vashon, Washington
“Profound Healers”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

PMR has the best healing staff, of many different modalities. Massage (all types, of course), acupuncture, cranial sacral, gi gong, tai chi, sacred dance, aromatherapy, sound vibration, coaching, and much more. My experience with their very own bruja was magical -- her knowledge of plant medicine, the elements, and ancient Mexican healing techniques was spot on. I trust her entirely. Do come.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mela1946

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 14, 2014

It's easy to be present PMR. I went with a group for a yoga retreat. I would return in a heartbeat for another yoga retreat or on my own. I'm still dreaming about my week there in January 2014. Loved the authentic accommodations. I also like the smaller environment. It was a perfect combination of authentic but not too rustic. The grounds are beautiful. The ocean setting is hard to beat. The beach is a fantastic walking beach. The staff and service exceptional. Enjoyed their classes, spa services and activity options. I also enjoyed doing absolutely nothing but finding another chair to relax in. Sunsets and star gazing in abundance.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

At the risk of restating: this is a magical place, truly transformative in so many beautiful and unexpected ways. The amazing people who own, run and work at PMR have managed to create a space that just feels good in some inexplicable way. No doubt it is physically/aesthetically sublime—from the cabanas to the landscaping to the beautiful beach the property inhabits, it’s absolutely stunning. But it’s the energy of the people who are there to take care of you that I think really creates the indescribable magic of the place. It seems that being in the midst of people who are truly living “in the present moment” creates a serenity that’s palpable. And then there’s the good that you can actually see, hear, taste and touch, and if that’s all you’re in it for, you won’t be disappointed. The service in every area from wellness to dining was perfectly calibrated. Everyone at PMR is incredibly adept at being there for you without being there too much. I know from experience that this is a skill and an ethos that’s not easy to embody and they do it masterfully. It’s difficult to pick stand outs from my week—I loved the morning meditations, and the yoga and qi gong classes I took every day. There is almost always something to take advantage of going on right on the property, and it’s always a top -notch experience. My tarot reading with Mariah and my acupuncture with Michelle were also incredible. Maybe the most impactful to my experience, though, was having someone, in my case Brittany, to help me craft my time at PMR. She achieved a perfect level of “being there” throughout my stay and guided me seamlessly into the exact experience I needed. She was brilliant. And last, but certainly not least, the food was fantastic. Whether you’re there to get healthy, indulge, or do a little of both, you’ll find a bounty of great options. I could have lived on the fresh juices and smoothies, but then I would have missed my chance to eat my way through the dinner menu. Everything I ate was delicious. I can’t wait for my next trip!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hawthorne, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I vacationed here in July-2013 and my experience was beyond my expectations. The staff is awesome, the place reflects so much peace and tranquility. It is not easy for me to relax because I am always on the go; however, this place made me calm and the yoga helped me relax. The food was extremely good and the drinks were the best. This place really made me realize a lot of things, I learned to live in the moment and enjoy life to the fullest. Overall, an extraordinary experience, I can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Homer, Alaska
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Present Moment Retreat was an amazing experience for myself and son. The classes are exceptional along with healthy and deliciously prepared meals. The staff is attentive and ever so kind. I can hardly wait to return with my wife. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Work with the staff and they will lead you in the right direction
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I loved everything about this area and trip. The yoga was great and the staff, everyone from the chef to the admin were fun, enjoyable, and helpful. I had some of the best yoga teachers ever, La being my favorite!! Thank you La for making us smile during class. The food was good, the juice and smoothies out of this world.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank alkrohn
South Carolina & San Diego
Reviewed December 27, 2013

If it's possible, Present Moment was even better my second visit. It was wonderful to see some of the same staff, waiters, and massage therapists.
The resort is a paradise and I'm already planning for visit number 3!

Room Tip: Every bungalow is wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SCAiken
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#7 of 22 in Ixtapa
Hotel Roberto's Bistro
Hotel Roberto's Bistro
#13 of 15 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!