“Even better 2nd visit.”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed December 27, 2013

If it's possible, Present Moment was even better my second visit. It was wonderful to see some of the same staff, waiters, and massage therapists.
The resort is a paradise and I'm already planning for visit number 3!

Room Tip: Every bungalow is wonderful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SCAiken
There are newer reviews for Present Moment Retreat

Reviewed December 23, 2013

From the moment I entered the property, I was warmly greeted by a Juan, waiter from the bar, then greeted by Tom the founder who led me to my adorable cabana, Bliss. I quickly changed into cooler clothes and was invited to dinner and drinks with Tom. A perfect first night with Cobi offering suggestions for my week and then a true treat as Billy White performed live his gorgeous Dharma Flamenco music as many of the guests and staff lay sprawled on the yoga floor. What a way to start a vacation. It's hard to describe this place as many people don't allow themselves to take a retreat. One doesn't really have to abandon anything as there is WiFi, gourmet healthy food, good spirits, sun, surf, pool... Much like us winter escapers are used to. But if you want more peace, more solitude, massage, acupuncture, taro card reading..this places steps outside of the box. I really had very little interest in stepping outside the grounds. And I'm normally a wanderer. It's landscaping is beautiful and there are touches of creativity in all aspects within your own cabana and throughout the grounds. Not a big place but its just the right size. I came alone. First trip solo and I was a bit apprehensive as I can lead towards shyness. But no problemo. I was always greeted and asked my name and fit in right away. Met a lot of nice guests but mostly tuned into the staff. Happy people and that's exactly what I needed to be around. The food is wonderful. Also I scrapped my foot open on a rock on the beach. When I went into the office I was going to take care of it with a bandaid but Jackie insisted on washing it and wrapping it for me.. Nurse style. If you are at all hesitating about coming here.. Don't. Just go. You will not regret it. I for sure will be going back. Thank you PMR for a fantastic week!!!! Oh.. The Yoga instructors are extremely well trained. The classes are designed for all levels. I tried Qi Gong for the first time and loved it... I could go on and on. A true gem!

Room Tip: I was 2 cabanas away from the bar and was never bothered by noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ncpascoe
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Present Moment is truly an amazing place. In addition to the pure physical beauty of the resort and the surrounding scenery, ALL of the staff go out of their way to welcome you and make sure your time there is absolute bliss! Seriously, this place is magical!! Definitely will be going back ASAP! Had an awesome yoga class with Brittany, tarot reading with Mariah, Acupuncture with Michelle, Qi gong with Peter, daily meditation with CJ and La.
Never felt so relaxed in my life! The entire restaurant staff was so warm an friendly and the food was delicious!Thank you Present Moment!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked a week at Present Moment by myself for my 40th birthday. It is approximately 30 minutes from the Ixtapa International Airport and it is a very easy airport to get around in. There is a taxi stand outside the front doors and the cab ride was $74 USD to the resort and $60 USD back. It was a beautiful drive from the airport to Present Moment and Troncones was a very small and interesting town. It is very Mexican and had a quaint and very safe feeling to it.

I went into the main office of Present Moment and was warmly welcomed by Jackie. She was amazing and had my luggage taken to my bungalow for me. She explained to me how my R and R package worked, gave me a tour of the resort, and left me to get settled in. The one thing I wish I would have brought was a reusable water bottle as they had plenty of water but it was in a large plastic bottle. I was able to buy a water bottle from the office however so this was not a big deal.

The food at the resort was amazing! Everything was freshly prepared, beautifully presented, and the staff were unreal. From Gabby and Oniver at breakfast, to Manuel at dinner, everyone knew your name and bent over backwards to help you out.

I would highly recommend doing to the Tarrot card reading with Mariah and the surf lessons with Luis, and all of the yoga and meditation practices were amazing. The resort itself was incredible and so perfectly maintained. The bungalows were rustic but very comfortable and had a lot of character to them.

I went into town a few times for dinner and felt very safe and it was easy to get around. I would suggest taking some pesos as USD were not readily taken.

I would definately go back again for another week and would suggest some bug spray for after dark as there are some mosquitos.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank powelj1
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We returned from Present Moment a week or so ago and I have never written a review on Tripadvisor before but, this time, feel compelled to do so. Present Moment is a wonderful place. The setting in beautiful - you cannot escape the roaring sound of the ocean and the gardens are extremely well maintained. All of the cottages are set around the pool area and look onto lush flowers, the pool and the yoga pavilion. The room itself was very pretty and always well looked after by the housekeeping team. We loved the fact that the rooms are open to the elements bringing the ocean sounds in all night long. There are ceiling fans so we did not have any problems with being too hot at night. The beds are on the small side so if you are over 6ft it could be a problem!! I am probably the most mosquito-bitten person in the world and I did not have a major problem in the resort and there are mosquito nets over the beds which we used. The service in the restaurant was very good - the staff took the trouble to actually get to know the guests and were very flexible. The food itself was outstanding and very varied and clearly all freshly prepared. We did yoga classes everyday and thoroughly enjoyed them as well as boogie boarding and walking the beach but we also spent a lot of time just sitting in the shade relaxing and reading - certainly no pressure to actually do anything at all!! Each of us had 3 massages whilst there and all of them were really impressive - both the yoga instructors and therapists were high calibre. I think I have covered all of the things that I would have wanted to know about before booking but really what I want to say is that this was probably the most relaxing holiday that I have ever been on with truly the friendliest staff across the board. We will definitely go back and the sooner the better!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie K
Reviewed December 3, 2013

An absolutely wonderful place to relax, and forget about the daily hassles of life. The staff is amazing- really friendly, and always doing their best to make make your stay as pleasant as possible. The food is amazing. Never felt the need to leave the resort to try something new. And for those looking for a little more than relaxation, there are optional excursions that you can take nearby.

Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Rooms that are closer to the ocean are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ohmprado
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is the first review I've ever written on TripAdvisor and the reason I'm writing now is I am truly inspired. Present Moment really is paradise on a different level than other tropical destinations. I needed a break and I got one and felt truly refreshed in one week and here's why: One hour of meditation each morning, four wonderful hours of yoga every day, daily long walks along a mostly secluded and stunning beach. Then there are the sunsets. And the incredible massages in huts on the beach. I wasn't inside for the entire week, which means a lot if you live in a big city and consider yourself having nature-deficit disorder. The bungalows were a dream, I slept so well drifting off to the lulling sound of waves. It was like sleeping outside. And they were clean and perfectly decorated. Then there was the food, one word: Incredible. Healthy, fresh, delicious - just a dream menu. Be sure to try the CJ smoothie. And then there is the staff who are warm, welcoming and friendly. I left my husband at home for this trip and felt so welcomed by the owners, the yoga teachers and the other guests - everyone was kind, respectful and friendly. Oh, and the yoga classes were amazing and much better than what I have at home, I learned a lot. I got a daily yoga buzz. Five stars. Go go go go go!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#1 of 10 in Troncones
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
#3 of 10 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!