“I have already booked my return visit!! :)”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Present Moment Retreat is truly PARADISE!!

I have traveled to yoga retreat centres and stayed in high end accommodations in all corners of the world - there is seriously no place more perfect that the Present Moment Retreat!!

Typically when I travel, I like to experience different places along my journeys...well that won't be the case with the Present Moment...as a retreat leading yoga instructor - this is one place that I will continue to return to - every year!

What impressed me the most??? extremely friendly staff who went out of their way to ensure a memorable experience...the most delicious, nutritious, well-presented food I have ever had...the most beautiful environment I have ever experienced...the sunrise/sunset yoga classes...and of course the amazing live music!!

Happy Jack :)

1  Thank jackboken
There are newer reviews for Present Moment Retreat

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped here "by accident" as we strolled down the magnificent beach at Troncones...and were immediately drawn in by the magical CHI energy "Present Moment" is steeped in. I knew in MINUTES that I would be back to this spiritFILLED paradise...beyond description. Everyone we met offered a truth, a sharing and were truly genuine, leaving us both in awe...and looking forward to returning..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was at PMR about a half year ago in October. It's been a while but I am finally getting to writing a review for them!

Because I loved it so much I'm planning another visit now. Why I am going back; I love the quiet environment.-you basically hear nothing but the ocean waves. I also appreciated listening to the waves during morning meditation. All the staff was incredibly nice, friendly, and helpful. Especially the Yoga instructors were full of positive energy and happiness. I was going though a rough period at the time I visited, but all the positive energy and power of Mother Earth healed me.

Activities other than yoga/meditation; I really enjoyed the horseback riding tour. I got to see parts of Trocones that I wouldn't have seen unless the local guide showed me.-beautiful coconut and papaya fields, the long long beach, the Laguna, the cave, a big sea turtle, the local people who live very close to nature with very little material...etc. It was all very special.

I also got to release baby sea turtles one night. It was the most beautiful nature I've ever experienced in my life. Those turtles know exactly where to go once they a released onto the beach.

The other guests I met there are my new friends I still keep in touch with.

If you are looking to rejuvenate/relax/have a quiet vacation, this is definitely the place for you!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Santadog05
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have arrived...it's truly paradise. I feel very welcome by the owners and staff from the first moment I arrive. I love my accommodations...the open air huts, the beautiful landscaping, the pool and especially the outdoor yoga platform overlooking the ocean. Where there was plenty of activity throughout the day to join. By the 2nd night I already feel like part of their family. And the food was sooo fresh and delicious...and prepared with such care and attention to detail...the presentation was beautiful. It didn't take long for the servers to know you and greet you by name. I like the fact that nothing was rushed at Present Moment. I had a few appnts booked and they would come find you...I highly recommend the Thai Massage. The beach was beautiful...ocean was amazingly warm...a bit rocky in front of the retreat but walk down a few hundred yards and you could body surf or swim. I had the pleasure of meeting a few locals and such lovely people. The Iive entertainment and bonfires on the beach were a lot of fun too. I was there to enjoy the great outdoors, relax, partake in yoga and enjoy the sun, surf and sand...all which exceeded my expectations. Kudos to CJ and and everyone that created the Present Moment...my most memorable trip yet.

1  Thank Tiffany R
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My week at the Present Moment Retreat ranks among the most memorable and profoundly transformative experiences, ever! Browse the pictures posted here for they depict more eloquently than what can be said in words alone. Yet, as far as what you can expect experientially, imagine waking up every morning to the sounds of ocean wave and cool morning breeze, after a highly restful and restorative night sleep in your open air palapa hut--so facilitative in setting your intentions for the day. The well-maintained and manicured garden provide a glimpse of what paradise looks like for people who'd like to invite good karma into their lives. Everyone working at PMR is so committed to your well-being: physically, psychologically, and, yes, spiritually. They are warm, genuine, non- judgmental, and inspiring. The restaurant staffs will work hard to accommodate your most esoteric meal requests, why not? (this includes you, Sr. Juan "por que no" Jesus). And, of course, Bodhi, the PMR's head of security patrols the ground dilligently that you'd feel secure to leave your wallet, passport, and iPad in plain sight at your hut, while you let Present Moment's magic work its way to transform and rejuvenate your life.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I love this retreat. I spend a few days there during my stay in Mexico. I go for the day and do yoga,have lunch,walk the beach, hang out at the pool.The food is fabulous,great variety.The grounds are beautiful. The staff is very helpful and nice. They also have a great gift shop. It is a wonderful experience, I always enjoy my time there.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We just spent a week at Present Moment Retreat.
A 30+ minute taxi ride from the airport was as easy as Tom had told us it would be.
The space is set up as an oasis cathedral to stopping and arriving, at not what has happened or will happen, but being present in now.
The surroundings are kept in perfect order and the details can be cherished on an ever enfolding basis.
The massage and body work options are terrific, and the classes are relaxed and engaging.
The restaurant is a delight, and actually my favorite part about the whole experience was the staff at the restaurant. They were able to be very personable and real with you, but not over stepping. Spanish was spoke only to your comfort level.
Everyone that we encountered seemed to understand that we were there to relax, and we were made to feel that we had control of the pace.
The cabanas are lovely, and have very comfortable beds with misquito netting, the bathroom was ideal and the porch was enjoyed at the start and end of our days.
We will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#1 of 10 in Troncones
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
#3 of 10 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!