Troncones Point Hostel(Troncones)(Great Value!)
$37
$180
$150
$213
TripAdvisor
La Casa del Faro(Troncones)
  • Pool
All reviewsyoga classesthai massageqi gongopen airhealthy fooddeep tissue massagespa treatmentsamazing yogahalf pricer rrestaurant staffbeautiful placethe pacific oceanhorseback ridinga special placewonderful foodparadise on earth
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This review is from the perspective of someone who has no interest in yoga and only stayed here because it's the nicest place on Troncones beach.

Pros:
- definitely the nicest place on Troncones. A couple other options (eg Tres Mujeres, next door) looked nice also, but this one is the star. Beautiful gardens, pool, restaurant etc. One of the nicest beachfront cabin-style places I've seen in Mexico.
- the breakfasts are good
- the staff are all very nice, helpful etc

Cons:
- the cabins are not as private as you may hope. The 'walls' are made of sticks and are kinda see-through. So if you're going for an intimate moment with your other half, or using the toilet, it can feel a bit uncomfortable when one of the gardeners is right there 2m away trimming a hedge.
- on this same point, the cabins can feel a bit noisy. I was woken up a couple of mornings (admittedly at around 9.30-10am) by gardeners sweeping the path outside or scrubbing a Buddha statue etc.

A couple of other points that are neither pros nor cons, just my perspectives:
- the restaurant is good, but I don't think terms such as '5 star' or 'fine dining' are accurate. I won't bore with details, but I definitely stand by this observation. Nevertheless, it's the only eatery in its class in Troncones. For a bit of variety we wandered down to one of the beachfront palapas ('Siete/7 Mares') which serves solid local Mexican food.
- being a yoga retreat, be prepared to share the place with plenty of smug-looking yoga types, swanning around serenely to the Hotel's permanent sound-track of sitar/pan-flute/monk-chanting/Bebel Gilberto and dropping into conversation how they are vegans and how they travel to Thailand every year for yoga training etc. I'm being a bit cheeky, but it may not be everyone's preferred vibe; so I include this info here for those of you who want to stay in the best place in Troncones but who aren't into yoga.

But yeah it's a great place and highly recommended.

6  Thank J-dog9842
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Need to completely unplug? Want to relax and remember what it feels like to do absolutely nothing but breathe? Book a stay here. From the moment you step through their gate you'll be greeted with a smile and welcomed with open arms into a serene setting that nurtures all of the senses - from the rhythmic crashing of the waves and beautiful gardens graced with visiting hummingbirds to the phenomenal cuisine and soothing, care-filled massages offered, you'll quickly give in to the pleasure that is the present moment. Make it as spiritual an experience as you like, or just be.

- Friends of Bobby

Reviewed July 9, 2012

In the 25 years we have been together this was the best vacation my wife and I have taken. Present Moment exceeded our expectations in every way. The property is beautiful; the staff is warm and friendly; the food is absolutely delicious; the location is perfect. The yoga classes are challenging but accessible to all ability levels (and they give you enough of a workout that you can eat more of the great food without guilt). They offer a wide variety of activities-- we took the kayaking eco-tour and loved it; some of the friends we met there took surfing classes and really enjoyed them. You'll run out of days before you run out of fun things to do. My wife would strongly recommend the 2 hour Thai Massage with Natalie (she had two). Go if you have the opportunity!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. We stayed in "Peace" which is the only one with AC but our friends in the bungalows loved them , too.
1  Thank Tarvan
Reviewed July 2, 2012

In March I brought with me a group of 6 yoginis to what I consider one of the most special places in the world. As happens when traveling with others, we all had our own hopes, expectations and personal requests as to what was most important to us. Every single wish was far surpassed at PM. The lodging and retreat center is so peaceful you never feel the need to wander much further than the beach. To practice our yoga every day at the movement pavilion was mesmerizing with the waves crashing and the glow of the sunshine gently moving across the floor. Every single meal surprisingly gets better than the next and this was shocking when out of 7 women there was never 1 of us that wished we had ordered something else. PM truly serves some of the best food I have ever eaten, especially at a resort.. hands down :)
Every massage/ facial and body work session was professionally and sincerely approached. You simply can not go wrong.. CJ and Tom and the PM staff have poured their hearts into PM and every detail shows. I can't wait to return despite the 12 hour flight with 2 layovers :) The first time my husband and I went we extended our stay 3 times, it is just that special kind of place!

Room Tip: They all have fantastic views of the pool and the ocean is only a few steps away!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I found about about this place on Groupon. From the moment I arrived a was welcomed by everyone there. I had never traveled alone anywhere in my life so needless to say I was a little nervous. However, my fears quickly subsided. I was able to meet and bond with women from all over the world here. We really did become a family those few days I was there. There food is amazing and there yoga/meditation classes left me feeling realaxed, enlightened and rejuvanated. Thanks CJ, Coby and the Present Moment Staff for a wondeful time !!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo