“Booked my return trip before i even left!”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I led a yoga retreat to Present Moment last January. We all had such an amazing experience that we've already signed up for another retreat this coming January, and 7 of the 12 students that came this year have already signed up for next year. That should say enough in itself. Staff was WONDERFUL and very accommodating. This will be an annual trip for MANY years to come.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank YogaTed

Reviewed April 21, 2011

From the moment I got to Present Moment I felt embraced by profound care and comported by the brave Pacific who roared with an infinite comporting Om.... always present as my flowing drishty for meditation and yoga.
Present Moment was effortless, purposeful, meaningful rest. You could find silence and time alone, or join in any table to feel the warmth of everyone there who seam under a contagious spell of natural gentle being. You could spend all day in the best of yoga, meditation, massages, and life coaching, or simple get lost walking and swimming in one of the most beautiful pristine undeveloped beaches I have seen. I am still glowing from every detail that made me feel honored, cherished, and allowed me to unwind from the disconnectedness of hectic leaving of our busy everyday lives.
Here is in images:

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2011

This is the first time that internet pictures paled with the reality of a destination for me. I hoped for a restful yoga retreat but my time at Present Moment was so much more. From the moment I arrived, I felt completely welcome, safe and at ease in a tropical paradise. What a delight to practice yoga and meditation in the beautiful yoga sala open to the view and gentle breezes of the Pacific! The bungalow was simply but beautifully decorated with local materials and set in exquisite gardens. The staff treated guests like welcome friends. Meals were delicious and their presentation was impeccable. The body work I had as part of my package was so enjoyable. Troncones Beach itself was pristine. It was a perfect holiday!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2011

From the moment I first contacted Present Moment to inquire about availability to the moment I left after a blissful week in Paradise, my experience was beyond my expectations.

This was my first time traveling solo out of the country and Tom graciously answered all of my questions with care -- no matter how small. I had the feeling from the very beginning that he truly cares about the experience of the visitors that choose Present Moment for those few days we get away from our day to day lives.

My open air bungalow was perfect for one, and would have comfortably accomodated a couple. The room was tropical elegance all the way with a very comfortable bed (a rarity in Mexico) and a roomy stone tiled shower that always had hot water (another rarity).

I started most days with meditation or a walk on the beach followed by some of the best yoga I have practiced. The instructors do an excellent job of offering a class that accommodates all levels from the novice to the experienced yogi. If yoga is not your thing, no worries there is dance, live music, QiGong, pool aerobics, or just being.

The restaurant never ever disappointed. The menu is diverse enough that you'll have healthy choices all week long for each meal. I particularly enjoyed the fresh fish.

I initially was cautious with booking body work as vacation massage can be disappointing -- not the case at Present Moment! Teneva's deep tissue massage was one of the best I have ever received (and I have had alot of massage). I also took advantage of Thai Massage and acupuncture and was happy with all of my sessions.

Present Moment is a few short steps to a long walking beach. Go left and you are in Troncones proper in minutes, go right and you may see no one else on the beach for miles. The mornings were my favorite time to walkm -- evening offers spectacular sunsets.

Present Moment is a rare find. The Tom, CJ and the entire Present Moment Family are there to support the experience you choose -- whether it is a lazy getaway, an activity filled trip of horseback riding and surfing, or a time of spiritual reflection and yoga.

For me Present Moment really proved to be a little slice of heaven. A fun, sacred sanctuary that I just did not want to leave.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Our cabanna was all open air with a fabulous shower that came down like a private waterfall. The peaceful ambiance was such a welcome retreat from the rat race at home. The food at the 5 star restaurant was absolutely wonderful and I cannot say enough about the entire staff, including office, housekeeping, wait staff and chefs. Everyone was literally at our becon call. There is a huge filtration system so the water on site is all very safe and they also have bottled water in the restaurant / bar where they are happy to refill your container. The beach is beautiful, water was warm, and sunsets were stunning! Highly, highly recommend this great escape!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2011

What a wonderful place! There are plenty of other cosmetically great places in this world, but none will have the hospitality that Present Moment has. The team graciously spending time caring for us made all the difference. Present Moment has intimacy, yet lots of room to do stuff if you want. One cannot say enough about the food and the service associated with it. We were drawn one night to another restaurant nearby that has the best steak we have ever eaten. Sorry Tom. I do not practice yoga, but my partner only had the highest praise for what transpired, and she has been in some great locations. I read lots, walked the beach and was not in the least bit bored. We saw the release of baby turtles and had long talks with Juan Carlos, a young environmentalist, about what he does to protect them. I can’t say enough wonderful things about this place.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2011

What a wonderful stay. We all forgot our at home troubles surrounded by pleasant staff, clean rooms and restaurant, beautiful expansive beach, lovely atmosphere and yoga, pool classes,horse back riding, and the BEST food ever.
What could be better??

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#9 of 23 in Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
#7 of 23 in Ixtapa

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!