Los Raqueros
Present Moment Retreat(Troncones)(Great Value!)
$262
$208
Hacienda Eden(Troncones)
Majahua Palms(Troncones)
Excellent 5/5
Mi Casa Es Su Casa(Troncones)
Very Good 4/5
Casa Ki(Troncones)
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Los Suenos(Troncones)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsmanzanillo baythe penthousethe main housequiet elegancemexican rivieravw vanpristine beachbeautiful placeboogie boardinggreat swimmingevery morningother guestsslice of heavenlong weekendperfect place to get awayfell in lovetuna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Swimming in the ocean steps from our casita, watching gorgeous sunsets every night on the beach, reading our books under our beachside palapa while sipping a cerveza….our stay at Posada de los Raqueros was exactly what we were looking for. The perfectly sized arc of Playa Manzanillo usually had only a few people walking on it or swimming in the surf. We were told that this was one of the most beautiful beaches in the area, and we believe it. The weather was perfect in mid November - mid 80s with water almost as warm. Ava made sure that we had everything we needed and was always ready with information or suggestions for places to visit or dine. Our casita was immaculate and cleaned every day. It was steps from the beach, complete with patio, hammock, wifi, our own outdoor kitchen, living room and very comfortable bedroom upstairs. The breakfast, served in the main building, was what we love - fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh sliced fruit, granola, yogurt and good coffee. After breakfast we often rented bikes from the hotel next door and went into the center of Troncones for lunch or exploration. One day we went in the other direction and bought fresh fish for dinner. We didn't have a car, so bikes were a fun way to explore. We ate many delicious meals next door at Villa Eden, where there was always something going on if you needed more social interaction. Our stay at Raqueros more than met our expectations. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I spend the better part of 2 weeks here every year. We look forward to hanging out in this gorgeous place and enjoying the friendly and personal atmosphere. Raqueros is right on the beach and the beach is on a small, intimate bay. The water is warm and inviting. It is great for swimming and there is a place at one end of the bay where you can snorkel. Paradise! The grounds and facilities at Raqueros are very well kept. We always enjoy arriving to see beautiful flowers and "animal" towels arranged on the bed. At night, we drift off to sleep to the sound of the waves washing ashore. Since this is a small place, we usually make friends with other guests staying there, yet we also enjoy all the privacy that we like. This is not a place to come if you are looking for wild nights out partying. It IS a place to come to restore the soul. That is not to say that there aren't things to do, if you want to. Just that it is a nice quiet place. Fishing, restaurants, music, kayak trips, hikes, yoga are all available. Relax and enjoy!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank walkwalkwoman
HansBr, Owner at Los Raqueros, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

So glad to know you enjoyed your stay and were able to do some soul cleansing. We are happy that our environment was able to contribute to your week of relaxation. We are looking forward to the next time we meet.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day/3 night stay at La Posada de los Raqueros and can't wait to go back! This is a wonderful small (5 rooms) B&B on the most beautiful section of beach in the Troncones area. Located on a small bay, the hotel is just a few Kms past the town of Troncones. We chose this area because we wanted to avoid the crazy crowds and tourist feel of Ixtapa. So glad we did! On arrival we were greeted by the manager, Eva, who made us feel so welcome throughout our stay. The property has beautiful and well kept gardens and grounds and a large open main house where a light breakfast (with really great coffee) is served every morning. Our casita was bright, clean and comfortable and while simple, had everything we needed for our beach getaway. The beach was just steps from our room, and it is as nice a beach as I've ever been to! The sand is clean, the water warm and perfect and with just a few other small hotels nearby we felt as if we had this piece of paradise all to ourselves. We enjoyed playing in the surf on the boogie-boards they provided and watching beautiful sunsets each evening. Compared to the other places we saw in Troncones, I think we got a great value for the money. We'll be coming back again and hopefully staying longer.

Room Tip: Casita de la Mariposa, where we stayed had a kitchenette which was great. Next time we'll chose the beach front bungalow with its private hammock.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RStratford

We are happy you enjoyed our posada. Only 6 hours away from San Miguel de Allende, with an easy and beautiful drive, we are looking forward to see more people from SMA to join us in our beautiful slice of paradise. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed in Casita de la Mariposa for seven nights at this hotel. The casita has great space, bed is comfortable, it's well-lit (by sun and lights), is kept very clean and the outdoor, tiled kitchenette offers a unique venue to make and have meals. The beach is very, very nice. The sand is soft, the bay feels private despite a few hotels dispersed around it, and the water is nice and warm all day and night (we went boogie boarding at dusk and the water was very comfortable). Manzanillo Bay offers total relaxation and is an epitome of vacation. We were there late Jan-early Feb and had gorgeous weather every single day.

I had some other experiences at this hotel however that were less desirable. My first rec would be to make sure you read the website and write to ask for prices of options, check-out time, etc. I say this because there's no booklet in the hotel itself outlining the amenities and any related costs. Amenity info also wasn't provided verbally. On my 2nd day I asked the owner about a key for the casita and I was given a smile, told that I didn't need a key here. Although it feels secure of a place generally, the guarded front gate does help as does the small wooden lock box in the room, all the hotels in the bay are fairly accessible from the beach (short gate with swing door) and really, it should be to the guests discretion whether or not they want to lock the door for the casita and be offered a key.

For Canadian travelers, payment may be an issue. Full payment for the stay has to be made before arriving, which is common for smaller spots in and around in Mexico as a protection in case of no-shows. I didn't want to pay the required 4% if I paid via Paypal on my total amount, email $ transfer doesn't work from Can-US bank accounts, and a cheque sent to an American bank may not see the currency conversion made. This latter was my case, and the hotel didn't want to help deal with it.

All this to say that it's unfortunate that my experience wasn't ideal, since the hotel itself is very inviting, warm, and is located on a great beach.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MlleBL
HansBr, Owner at Los Raqueros, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

We are happy to read your positive reviews of your stay at our Posada. We can say that we appreciate your remarks and have taken steps to correct these. In terms of making transfers to the US from Canada, wee have engaged an excellent Canadian money transfer agency that is very reasonably priced and very pleasant to work with.

Thank you for your feed back.

Hope to see you again, real soon.

Hans J. Brouwers

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Simply awesome. You guys do it right. I thought and thought and know why...because you care. Thank you for the time I stayed before checking into The Inn at Manzanillo Bay (less optimistic review pending at The Inn). I'm SO glad I did. I knew when leaving I may regret the move but wanted to uphold my reservation commitment elsewhere. Thank you for making us feel so welcome. Your down to earth ways are refreshing. Let me clear up that the review below from minsmom is quite inaccurate for what seems normal here. There are minimal rocks in the sand-filled swimming bay which reefs are on the edges of the 1/4 mile bay. We are surfers and know EXACTLY where those rocks are and this gem of a tranquil bay should not be overlooked or tainted with a rare weather condition. Internet in all rooms (including out to the beach!) is a plus as much as I hate to need it. Grounds are wonderfully manicured and I didn't miss a pool with the lovely bay right in front of you. We will definitely be sending guests and friends your way! Thank you both and the staff for making us feel like welcome guests rather than a $.

Room Tip: Even the two suites in the main house which share a terrace are so adorable so don't pass it up if a bungalow is occupied.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so happy you enjoyed our posada so much. Please keep checking back with us for our continuous updates and improvements. Our aim is to make a stay ay Raqueros the optimum experience.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Hans J. Brouwers