“Run away from this one... management dishonest!”

Tronco Bay Inn Resort
Ranked #14 of 15 Troncones B&B and Inns
Lyons, Colorado
“Run away from this one... management dishonest!”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I've been waiting a while to write this review with the hope that the owner would follow up on what he said in terms of refunding my deposit. Tired of waiting, so hoping this helps other travelers save the headache and book somewhere other than Tronco Bay Inn.
I booked in April of 2010 for a Dec stay with three other families. Cancelled our trip in October, well before the 'point of no return' in terms of my $900 (cash) deposit being refunded.
Long story short... it's been one lie after another from Tronco Bay Inn. Still no refund... (last promise was they'd refund at least two of the four families by Dec 10th) No email reply or returned phone calls either.
Book elsewhere and please let them know you're NOT booking with them due to their dishonest business practices!

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orange, California
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Just visited,, we loved the fish tacos.. definetely try them, the hotel is very clean,, and the staff very friendly, first time in the area, definetely coming back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2010

We spent a week at Tronco Bay Inn with a group of 10 people. Service from the staff was excellent, and Esteban catered to our every need. He was great!
Troncones is about 40 minutes from Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, where we went about every other day.
On the days that we did stay at the hotel, there was plenty to do, including eating at the full service restaurant, lying in the pool or lounging in the beachchairs, and exploring the seashore. I would say that of most of the places that we saw once we arrived, Tronco Bay had the best view of the entire shoreline.
Three of the people that we traveled with were avid surfers who thought that the area was perfect. While they did surf at many of the more popular destinations around us, they also enjoyed the waves right in front of the hotel.
I think that it's a great place for young travelers/surfers, but would not recommend it for families of small children, since there are many rocks in the water and it is kind of in the middle of nowhere (aka, hospitals).

• Stayed May 2010
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 6, 2010

terrible attitude, poor service and snobbish with loical people

• Stayed March 2010
BC
Reviewed March 10, 2010

We stayed for i week or should i say until the power was shut off due to the owner not paying the power bill. No power so no water either plus they had to shut down the restaurant which ended the breakfast which was included in the price. No refund because Tronco Bay Inn policy is you pay your full bill upon arrival . The owner lives in California so the staff are left to deal with the guests and as one staff put it to me (We are in a crisis).

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kootenayconnection
New Jersey
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Great time-Excellent service. Good waves at The Point -about 5 minute walk along the beach. Stepan the waiter at Tronco Bay was extremely helpful and our all around "go to" guy if we needed any hep or information. - He even personally drove us up to Majahua for our fishing trip. Taxi's are readily available to take you to the town of Troncones. The Manager Juan was also very accommodating during our stay. The beach was uncrowded, the rooms were very clean and the restaurant good what more could you want? There are a few other restaurants walking distance along the beach as well.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I got married just down the street from Troncos Bay Inn Resort. I booked a room for friends to stay here and paid a substantial deposit. When the swine flu hit, my friends cancelled their trip. I cancelled the room a full month before their stay (hotel policy was just 15 days for a full refund). I had to e-mail and call the owner several times. Two months later he finally sent a check which bounced. I was charged a bank fee for the bounced check. I called and wrote him several more times. He promised to send another check, which he never did. After four plus months, I've given up. I feel the management is dishonest and have basically stole my money. I was lied to many times. It turned out to be a major hassle. I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tronconesbride
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#10 of 22 in Ixtapa
Present Moment Retreat
Present Moment Retreat
#2 of 7 in Troncones

Been to Tronco Bay Inn Resort? Share your experiences!