“Home away from home”
other travelers have booked this property
Your vacation home
Relax on the beach Private parking area
Check Availability
Kitchen
Kitchen to dining room
Dining Room
Living Room
Indoor pool into the living room
Looking into the Dining area
Patio
Outdoor pool
Pool, Hammock, Living room and Dining Area
Garden area between house and Bungalow
Outdoor BBQ
Horseshoe Pit
Surf
Beach facing North
View from Master Suite deck
Beach horseback riding
Family Fun
View from one of the many trails above
Cave just a short hike away
Palm Sunset
Newly remodeled front bungalow
Front bungalow
view from the front door of the front bungalow
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
sheryl a
“Home away from home”
Reviewed April 21, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Our family of four really enjoyed our stay at Casa Pelicanos. The very central location to eating and shopping in Troncones meant we could easily walk and bike at any time of the day/night.
The beachfront position was sheltered and provided well needed shade in the afternoon. Our kids loved the external/internal pool. The daily staff were very helpful (and if you can speak Spanish it's unlikely you'll need any assistance from the property manager Tina).
We would definitely consider staying here again if we come back to Troncones.

Estrella...
“Perfect place to feel at peace!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2018 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

What an amazing stay we had at Casa Los Pelicanos!! I suggest renting a car before leaving the airport. It is quite a drive. I loved this place. With direct access to the beach and a pool, well that's all I needed. Loved the long walks to the beach early in the mornings and in the evenings. With the open concept of the house you can feel the breeze and look at the surroundings without skipping a beat. Housekeeping are helpful and warm. We loved staying here and when I get a chance I will be back!

Your age range 35-49
Mar 11, 2018
Thank you Estrella for your kind words. I'm glad you and your family had a memorable vacation. I do apologize for the original booking error. But obviously that melted away with the summer sunshine. Thanks again and please come again Rick
Nancy D
Black Creek, Canada
“Best home away from home in our favourite Mexican village!”
Reviewed February 1, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Casa Pelicanos more than accommodated our family of six adults over the Christmas holidays. From day one the manager Tina helped us get in touch with owner Rick who was quick and personal with his communication. Checking in was seamless and we immediately fell in love with our holiday home. This being our second visit to Troncones we already knew how perfect this quaint, safe, friendly community is. It has grown a bit in the three years since we were last there but that came as no surprise. The integrity of the town has been maintained with no big touristy influences. Local art is now available and tastefully displayed in small boutique shops.The fruit and vegetable truck passes through town regularly, the tortilla stands sell fresh tortillas daily and fresh fish and shell fish is for sale on the main street or if you prefer you can go out with one of the locals and catch your own. I can not say enough good things about Antonia and Joaquin who came in daily to maintain and clean the property, pool and casa. They were very attentive, accommodating and tolerant of our spanglish! We look forward to returning to what is now our favourite Mexican destination.

Feb 5, 2018
Nancy ; Thank you so much for your nice review. My wife and I and all of our staff work really hard both here in the US and in Mexico to make your vacation a real vacation.At times it can be difficult to make it all happen ,but when we receive comments like yours it makes it all worthwhile.
Our small quaint town of Troncones has grown considerably in the last 20 years since the days of the cattle drives down the dirt roads, burro carrying bags of sand from the beach to a local construction site . But as you noted the change has been gradual and done in very good taste. Thanks to both the original inhabitants and the foreigners that now call Troncones home. Please, please come stay with us again. Rick
Michelle...
“# BEST VACATION EVER!”
Reviewed July 10, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Wow and wow is all I can say. From the first moment we walked into the door, we knew this property was all we hoped for and more. Within the hour, we were in the pool having a beer when lo and behold, Octavio rode to the gate with two horses in tow asking us if we would like a ride. Talk about curbside service! Tina, our great property manager had already stocked our refrigerator to our specification and was there to meet us and introduce us to the resident cats, Pantera and Pacheco. Both lovely, beautiful cats. Our first night greeted us with a breathtaking sunset, and beautiful cool bedrooms. The next morning we awoke to Joaquin cleaning the pool and Antonia cleaning the already immaculate house. They both became friends to us despite the language barrier. Both were there to meet our every need. They are quiet and invisible if you would like them to be but immediately available if we asked them for a quick run for milk, a coconut or mango picked from the property trees...yes, mango, coconut and bananas are plentiful.

The next ten days were the best I have experienced on a vacation hands down. Four miles of private beach, the pool that was used more than not, EXCELLENT food and drink either a short walk away or a quick taxi or bike ride. Relaxing to say the least. The locals were helpful, kind and patient with a couple of middle age, non spanish speaking gringas.

I have to say to the person who was shaking their head about the accommodations... I guess I can only shake my head and wonder where in the WORLD you have been that you felt these accommodations, people and culture were substandard. I will give you a little bit of advice, you should probably never come to Santa Cruz CA....I am sure you won't be satisfied with one of the most beautiful beaches and communities in CA... yes, you should probably skip it as well as skipping Troncones again. My guess is that Troncones probably won't miss you!

Thank you all for the most memorable vacation ever!
Michelle McKinny
Santa Cruz, CA

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
ajpu12
sma
“Excellent low-key stress-free beach house on the best beach in Troncones!”
Reviewed May 3, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Hands down the best beach in Troncones right at your doorstep. Peaceful, natural, relaxing, meditative yet active. There are no end of things to do on the beach: sunset strolls, early morning running, sandcastles, swimming, sun bathing, reading in the beach side hammock, horse riding... Perfect! Even my 5 year old was boogie boarding by the end of the week. The house itself is the perfect beach house. No fuss no muss. Everything is there that you could possibly need for a low-key stress-free vacation. You only need turn up. Nothing much more to say really other than it was a pleasure to deal with the owner who made me and my small children feel very welcome. Thank you!. We will be back!

May 7, 2017
Wow; Thanks a lot Sophia After the one we got last week it sent my tail a dragging. There are really so few disappointed guests and all the positive input from normal people like you. It makes it all worth while for normal people like us. As I'm down here on Sunday repairing a short in the kitchen fan switch. Like I've said several times before please come back and visit anytime. Thanks so much again for taking your personal time to put a smile on our faces. Rick
yrognoni
Panama City, Panama
“Misleading description”
Reviewed April 14, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

Our first surprise upon arrival was to find a two bedroom bungalow, where the description had been "5 bedrooms/3 bathrooms/sleeps 10". When we took the issue up with the owner, he was quick to state that he has two additional bungalows in the property, and they are available at an additional fee. Also, he mentioned that there had been a mistake when setting up the Trip Advisor site, although I fail to understand why it hasn't been amended. So viewers should be aware that there is a mistake in the description. Fortunately, the four of us have been able to accommodate in the two bedrooms, although with some discomfort.
Then we were also told, upon arrival, that the use of air conditioning would be additional. This could have easily been announced prior to our arrival, during one of many communications. But the owner chose not to.
The place is average. It's like a three star hotel, with a great ocean view. Literally, it includes all the amenities that you would expect from a 3* hotel, plus a fully equiped kitchen. It feels as if an old aunt let you use her beach place, where she sent all the furniture that she didn't use in her better properties, and all the kitchen utensils that she got rid of when she renewed her kitchen.
We picked this place over other attractive choices based on its size (already explained the misconception, discovered upon arrival) and also based on guests reviews from the past (we even checked that the dates of the reviews were recent). All the reviews were 5*s, so the choice was a no brainer! I have been scratching my head since we arrived, wondering what kind of expectations people had to rate this house 5*s...
Still scratching my head...
Having said all that, I must say that the owner accommodated us when we mentioned that the fridge was not cooling properly and the oven was not hot enough. He was borderline rude and obsessive about the air conditioners extra charge, though. The staff (a handy-man who looks after the garden, and a maid who cleans) are really nice. However, I would not stay here again, and I doubt that I will recommend it to anyone I know in the future.

Apr 30, 2017
Hello Yolani; First and foremost, I want to thank you for a three star rating. Three out of five isn't too bad for a small private home on a peaceful stretch of beach in central Mexico. After many conversations with you during your stay, I imagined you to be a well educated and sophisticated traveler. One suggestion I may make is, in the future read the information about your prospective rental property first before the review record. Our page clearly states in the second sentence that "our two bedroom ,two bath home with two additional bungalow can accommodate up to ten people". Also stated that optional AC is available. Obviously the three recent reviews enjoyed the same cookware and my late grandmothers' completely restored Ashcraft furniture more than you. We feel the rattan and bamboo frame work fits in well with the beach motif.
I'm glad you approved of our staff as they worked very hard to accommodate your needs. In closing my suggestion to you would be to head to Ixtapa to one of the 5 star resorts that you've compared us to. They will definitely charge you more per day with additional charges for a 30 person fiesta such as the one you had at our home. Remember, read beyond the reviews. Thanks again, Rick & Rene
toots1966
Hayward, WI
“Perfect”
Reviewed March 21, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Awesome,relaxing, peaceful, calming are just some of the words I would use to describe this wonderful place. Rick is great to work with. I promise you you will leave this place thinking about your return.

Until next year.....

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing