“We dont recommend the place”
Review of Casa Ki

Casa Ki
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at Casa Ki for 4 days. The place is nice, and clean but no cleaning service for rooms on Sundays, they offered coffe but not washing mugs, There was a smell of cat´s pee near our door. Troncones is nice but casa Ki isnt.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ana G
junglenurse, Owner at Casa Ki, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2016

We are so sorry you had a less than positive experience during your visit. We, as many places in Troncones, give our maid/helpers the day off on Sunday. We make every effort to keep Casa Ki clean and odor free.

There are newer reviews for Casa Ki

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I've stayed at Casa Ki twice now and am planning my next visit for 2012. Tina, the on-site manager, along with her staff, maintains the property beautifully, and the location directly on the beach can't be beat. The gardens and various sitting areas around the property are beautiful, relaxing and welcoming. Breakfasts in the open palapa kitchen are a treat and the best way to meet fellow guests, exchange reviews on restaurants and plan day trips in the area. The bungalows themselves are comfortable without being too cushy. I would describe this property as well-kept but still having a "rustic" feel. The library is wonderful, and I leave one or two books at the end of each visit to add to the collection. Any problems or issues were promptly addressed, and the fairly recent addition of wi-fi availability allowed me to work a few hours a day and stay connected to clients. The location in the village of Troncones itself is very convenient - walk to restaurants, walk "downtown" (if you can call it that), and of course, there are palapas, chairs and tables on the beach, mere steps from your front door. The only warning I would give is that if you are allergic to pets (cats, especially), there are several on the property who tend to sneak into your bungalow and nap on the cool tile floor under the beds if you leave your door open. Very casual atmosphere, quiet and comfortable. We LOVE Casa Ki.

Room Tip: Casa Azul is closest to the beach with a larger porch that accommodates two lounge chairs.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BeccaEsq
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is one of my favorite places in the world. I have been coming here for 15 years, come home refreshed and immediately plan my next return. I Will be there next year (2012) for two weeks and plan to continue these visits forever. The place
itself is beautiful, comfortable and relaxing. Troncones is a very pleasant Mexican village with friendly people. The management is great and only the magnificent ocean and beach are greater.The Restaurants around are top quality and
welcoming. Weather the best I've ever experienced.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Amos2
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed here with our 4 year old daughter in Nov. 2010. It was a close to perfect setting for us. The size was ideal and our daughter was comfortable roaming around the small property and exploring and meeting people. Loved the communal kitchen and private beach area. The small library and game collection was great for our daughter. The only thing missing is a pool since the waves in Troncones are pretty big and our daughter is not yet a swimmer. Tina the manager was sort of helpful, sort of not. It depended on her mood. Overall, I'd recommend this place for families and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank skypdx
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Tina and Imir continue to do an outstanding job maintaining the property and a comfortable, laid back atmosphere. We have traveled all over Mexico, and Casa Ki is by far our favorite place. This is not a beach vacation for those who want lots of action, but if you are seeking rest, relaxation, and privacy, Casa Ki is ideal. The staff do an outstanding job, the place is immaculate and comfortable, and Tina is always available to answer questions and help you out. Troncones has a number of good restaurants, but thanks to the kitchen palapa, you don't have to eat out for every meal. Tina also always provides a delicious breakfast, with lots of fresh fruit, cereals, and always one warm option. This is an ideal place to lay back and relax.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NewYorkCityRoadie
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My friends and I chose Casa Ki for our annual vacation based on reviews her on TA...we were not disappointed! It lived up to the wonderful reviews. We stayed in Bungalow Azul which was right on the beach. Our comfortable porch looked right out over the ocean and we slept to the sound of the waves. The majority of our time was spent hanging out on our porch watching the waves from the comfortable chairs and hammock, enjoying a book or a good conversation. It was the ultimate relaxing vacation.

Tina, the manager, is friendly but not in your space at all. She arranged taxis, massages on the premises, and kept the water and ice cubes stocked. The gardens are beautiful and everything there is just full of charm! There are clean and adorable walking paths to everything. The pictures on their website do not do this place justice at all. And it is so reasonable! The outside community kitchen has everything you could possibly want and is kept extremely clean and is fun to hang out in. The honor system cooler full of beer and pop is so handy, and so CHEAP! We certainly made use of that. The library and lounging areas are wonderful. It was HOT HOT HOT when we were there. (We figured it would be.) But there were often beautiful breezes coming off the ocean and there are very good fans in the bungalows (including the bathroom) that made it mostly comfortable for sleeping. I'm sure in the winter those fans would be completely sufficient. Even with the heat I don't know if I would trade listening to the waves all night for AC. It's part of the appeal.

Casa Ki is an easy walk to Present Moments for yoga classes or a "nicer" dinner. Present Moments also has movies on the beach on Tuesday evenings which was a lot of fun. The opposite direction from Casa Ki is the small town where very cheap and delicious food can be found at local eateries. (The beach restaurants are much pricier, and we found not quite as good.) There are also two little stores for basic supplies all within a quick walk from Casa Ki. We were there during the slow season but were pleasantly surprised at how un-touristy and off the beaten path Troncones felt. We always felt safe and were able to enjoy the local culture.

The ocean here is not really swimmable, and I love to swim in the ocean. It's just a bit rough. But we found several tide pools created by the rocks that we were able to lounge around in and enjoy the water and waves. The water was warm which was a surprise for the Pacific side for us. It was so refreshing to pop in one of the tide pools.

All in all we had an absolutely lovely time staying at Casa Ki. If you are looking for an idyllic relaxing beach vacation, away from the tourist trap towns, you can't do better. I hope to be back one day - and I know my friends feel the same way!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank zoohouse
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I can't speak highly enough of Casa Ki. I traveled around Mexico and Belize for a month, and by far, Casa Ki was the best place I stayed for location, price, and ammenities. Our room was very clean, with a place to store your valuables, so I always felt extra safe. The outdoor shared kitchen was so great. We stopped at a store in Ixtapa beofre arrival, and got to cook and snack at our leisure. This is a big plus because eating in Troncones can get expensive. Water was available always, and ice!! That was truely great. Even though it was low season, Tina still made us some food (fresh blue corn tortillas) and hibiscus tea every other day or so.

It is steps away from the beach. You could here the waves at all times, and could see the ocean from our beautiful patio set with two hammocks, chairs, and a table for us to use. Tina will help you arrange things such as massages at the hotel and other trips. The gardens are amazing! Stay at Casa Ki, I don't think that you will be dissapointed!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizm82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#1 of 10 in Troncones
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
#3 of 10 in Troncones

Been to Casa Ki? Share your experiences!