“Great pool, great view, friendly staff and close to the action” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tres Mujeres Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Troncones
Tres Mujeres Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Troncones B&B and Inns
Tillamook, Oregon
“Great pool, great view, friendly staff and close to the action”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

I had an excellent time at Tres Mujeres! I had to relocate from a less than ideal hotel suitation in Troncones beach and the folks at Tres Mujeres took great care of me. The price for my lovely room was a steal compared to the other places I had stayed and quite exceded my expectations for what I was charged. The beds are pillowtop (which is difficult to find on this beach), linens crisp and fresh and nice (non-lumpy) pillows. The bathroom was lovely (lush plants surrounding the shower, a real toilet seat and hot water!). I loved the well stocked communal kitchen in that I could buy groceries from the locals and eat what I wanted when I wanted (amazing tropical fruits, locally grown veggies and the freshest seafood available anywhere). The outdoor cooking area is the best I have ever seen and was a real plus for cooking the fresh fish, lobster and shrimp that is available here. Another plus is its location on Troncones beach... close enough to walk to any restaurant of my choice. The pool is amazing - you can not beat the view (gives a new meaning to "oceanfront view"). However, the best part about my stay was the management. They were attentive to my needs, answered my questions (and if they did not know, they took the extra time to find out) and really cared about my comfort and experience while in Troncones. I would recommend this location to anyone

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank phattjoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

We have stayed at several hotels in troncones, mexico over the last four years and keep returning to Tres Mujeres because it is the nicest, cleanest and most elegant B&B on the beach. The hotel is very new (less than 2 years old) and the rooms are immaculate. Located on the beach, the views are amazing, the infinity pool inviting. there is a wonderful kitchen that you can cook in, and a facilities for barbequeing. the owner is warm, friendly and helpful. the staff are courteous. I would not look further. YOu can walk to town too, which is a great feature and try the wonderful, local cuisine or shop a bit.

there is good wi-fi and the accomodations are better than most here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anselyn
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

My husband and I had the loveliest time at Tres Mujeres. The rooms were clean and cute. The bathroom was amazing-open air with lush plants. We stayed on the bottom floor. Our bed faced the ocean which made for the best views! The grounds of this place really are immaculate and beautiful. A few steps down the beach is a spa where I took yoga classes (just $12.00) and our Hostess was able to get massages on site for us for a very reasonable rate. We had full access to the kitchen (not a B&B in the true sense) and 1 nite we bought fresh Tuna and cooked it outside in the adobe wood burning oven. Life doesn't get any better! I'm already dreaming of when I can go back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SBinreno
Bellbrook, Ohio, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

We stayed at Tres Mujeres in early October 2010 and had one of the best vacations ever.
Our room was right on the beach, went to bed every night with the surf lulling us to sleep. The place was very clean and well maintained. The beach was private and we only saw a few people each day on the beaches around us. There were a few vendors that traveled the beaches, but that was kind of charming and there was a vendor that had horses to ride too. Our host, Shelly, helped with details on where to eat and attractions we could see. My favorite was watching the baby turtles go out to sea. It was a close enough drive to Ixtapa that we could drive there and swim with the dolphins. We traveled with some family and friends and Shelly did everything possible to help make our trip fun and easy. We did play some music so that we could hear it at the pool, but had it off every night so that we could hear the ocean. There are some stores and casual resturants close by, so we didnt have to go far to get our meals or supplies.
I am looking forward to my next trip here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank HappyTravler_9
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

We stayed at Tres Mujeres for a week in June for the happy occasion of our son’s wedding. Shelley was most gracious to share her home and facilities with a rather large wedding party, including renting out rooms that are usually reserved for her family! 45 of us flew in for the wedding and about 14 of us stayed at Tres Mujeres, others stayed nearby. The rooms are wonderful (including AC!), the pool & palapas are beautiful, the staff is awesome, (thank you Marcos, Max and Anjelica [sp?])!

Were there some kinks? Of course, it’s a new business! But we had a terrific time and loved the friendly people of Troncones.

A beautiful beach wedding with family and friends made for very fond memories of Tres Mujeres!

FYI-I tried to leave a review for El Burro Borracho, but TripAdvisor doesn't recognize it! We had an awesome rehearsal dinner there! Drinks were the best in town, the food was fresh and very reasonably priced! Vladimir was a most accommodating host. Many of us went back for other meals!

Other restaurants we enjoyed: Mi Casa es Su Casa (great breakfasts & pitchers of Margaritas!) and La Costa Brava (fresh red snapper!)

Many in our group enjoyed an ecotour with Alejandro of Troncones Ecotours. He is very knowledgeable of the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank evieann
Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

Bottom line, there are some major management issues at this place that completely detract from one's vacation. It's a family business-one that is new- and not well tested. Add to that they are generally not that helpful. Troncones is a small town, I expect staff to have recommendations for restaurants and activities if I ask them.

No cleaning lady on Sunday so the rooms and common kitchen are a mess. FYI...everyone talks about free breakfast and muffins?! Neither of which were present when we visited.

The caveat is that we visited during "low season" ;however, that should not lead to no service at all. The location is great, but there are about 6 or 7 similar properties all along the same beach. I would recommend Tres Suenos.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PJTraveller79
UnoMujeres, Owner at Tres Mujeres Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
I am glad to have the opportunity to clarify what Tres Mujeres Troncones offers to the customer:
1. We do offer a reduced rate--a real steal! during the summer slow months--and the family
room--kitchen is part of the main "owners" house ...offered to the guests as
an "extra"...we do ask that guests clean the counters and their own dishes, etc. after
cooking .
2. At this time we are not a Bed and Breakfast.
3. This business may be family owned, but there is only one person onsite.
4. Many Boutique Resorts in Troncones have onsite caretakers who are
available when requested, which means if you need help then you go to the
caretakers apartment and request their services--as you do at Tres Mujeres.
5. There is often, as with Tres Mujeres, no general office that you will find
someone sitting in all day long for a customer to ask a question.
6. Tres Mujeres has a common kitchen and it is common courtesy to clean
up after one self.
7. In the common kitchen and front room, there are binders with the menus
from local restaurants and instructions as to where they are located, all
within walking distance.
8. If further assistance is needed then one can ring the brass bell or ring the
doorbell and help will be there within minutes.
9. As management--the "STAFF"--is only one person, it is necessary for said management
to occasionally leave the property to buy supplies, etc. but there is always
the housekeeper and garden person onsite.
10. Management is always available onsite at night, and the property gates
are closed up and there are security lights.
11. Housekeeping services are generally six days a week as a resort with
few rooms will have only one housekeeper and Sunday is their day off.
This is common on the beach.
12. During the slow season I will negotiate with people and part of the give
and take of getting 50% off is that you will handle some of your own
maintenance as the staff is pared down to three days a week.
13. Also, during this slow time there is a great deal of maintenance and repair that
takes place. This rainy time is our perfect opportunity to manicure and
rejuvenate the grounds as well as manage drainage from the amazing
thunderstorms. So this is where you will find the staff, working on improving
and upgrading the environment.
14. Unfortunately, we recently experienced vandalism directed at Tres Mujeres
and our website was hacked, among other things. I find this review suspicious
as I had no customers from LA in June--or July, for that matter.
So, please forgive us as we re-establish our website, which is incomplete at the moment.
15. As we are new and have an excellent reputation, I challenge anyone to
find a nicer, cleaner, more serene and tranquil environment for the same price.
Thankyou for the opportunity to clarify life at Tres Mujeres Troncones.
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

Yoga, massage, private beach and an infinity pool do i need to say more! What a delightful surprise when we arrived. We generally stay in Zihuatanejo, but decided to try a beach north of the big city. Tres Mujeres was just what we were looking for; a peaceful get away. Very low key.. quiet beach walks, a non intrusive staff, every need we had met.
This will definitely be a place we return to.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tuffjo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#13 of 81 in Zihuatanejo
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 11 in Troncones

Been to Tres Mujeres Hotel? Share your experiences!