“Idyllic home away from home”
Review of Majahua Palms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Troncones
Majahua Palms
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed October 11, 2011

What a wonderful place the Majahua Palms hotel is. My family (husband and 2 kids, 6&4) visited with 4 other families with kids ranging from 3 to 16 and everyone had the most amazing stay. The resort is stunning with beautifully manicured lawns scattered with swaying palm trees, the pool is a perfect size to match the accommodation on offer and immaculately clean, the cabanas are large with huge windows to take in the amazing sea views, the restaurant is excellent value for money and totally delicious and the staff were amazingly attentive, managing to keep perfect track of which family was ordering what food and drinks across our whole 4 day visit without a signature in sight. I would totally recommend the hotel if you want to get away from it all and just chill out. 10 out of 10 for me.

Room Tip: I think cabanas 1,2 and 3 are on the front row. We stayed in hut 4 so our view of the ocean was a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah B
There are newer reviews for Majahua Palms

Reviewed June 8, 2011

I can't begin to explain how special this place is...the staff is attentive and incredibly helpful. If you want to get away from the rat race of business life and need to read a good book or walk on a beautiful beach...this is your place.. this is my 3rd visit and I'll be back.. Clif from San Francisco

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrMerrill
Reviewed March 16, 2011

A really tired hockey Mom was surprised by her BFF with a trip to Majahua Palms and WOW, what an awesome surprise! I LOVED every second of the week I spent there. The owners Mike and Lori made you feel like family.

I've been to Mexico several times but this is the first time that I've been at a resort like this. It truly is one of a kind.

Super comfortable beds, Coffee waiting when I woke up, clean beach to walk on, nice pool area to relax, WiFi to keep in touch with home, wonderful food..the guacamole is AWESOME, tasty margaritas, attentive staff and a library of books in case you forgot yours. There was pleanty of stuff you could have arranged to do; kayak, fishing, horse back riding, hikes, etc. I opted for a massage and the pool:) I really didn't want to leave so to make myself feel better I'm planning my return trip!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Crit99
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I just returned from my second stay at Majahua Palms and I must say it gets better and better! This time I took my best friend with me and we had a great time, relaxed by the beautiful pool, ate the wonderful food in the restaurant and took long walks on the secluded beach. The owners and employees felt like family by the time we left and I will miss seeing their smiling faces every morning. It seems so quiet at home now without the rush of the ocean right outside my door. The large rooms were kept very clean and the beds were comfortable and the decor differs depending on which casita you get. I look forward to going back again and we want to bring ALL the girlfriends with next trip! We know they will love it as much as we did/do!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Fairyscorpio
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We arrived at Majahua Palms by taxi from Barra de Potosi. Our driver, we discovered, could not read. Hence we took the wrong exit from highway 200. Use the Majahua exit, not the Troncones exit. The road from Troncones has pot holes which can swallow small cars. Majahua Palms is a gem of a resort. We arrived to a quick and friendly greeting. We found our bungalow to be clean, spacious and well equipped. We were pleasantly suprised to find a pot of fresh, hot coffee, fresh cream and raw sugar on our veranda each morning. We found the restaurant to have a good menu. Meals were well prepared, delicious, and pretty to look at. Service is impeccable. In spite of being captive, the prices are quite reasonable. Excellent swimming pool. Fabulous views of the ocean, lobster fisherman, sea turtles, surfing, boogie boarding, beachcombing. Nothing to do but relax. No need for a car. No need to go elsewhere. A perfect getaway for your first few days or last few days in the Zihuatanejo area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank delriorods
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Ten members of my extended family decided to try The Resort at Majahua Palms for Christmas. We cannot wait to go back again! Each morning starts with a carafe of fresh coffee and cream served on your bungalow porch. Then you need to decide whether to first take a walk on a near deserted beach, swim in the stunning pool, or sit down for a satisfying breakfast. Staff are very friendly and helpful. My three kids, ages 14, 11, and 9, were in absolute heaven. We are all so grateful for the 10 days we spent at Majahua Palms!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Cubdog
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Ok so we left Seattle New Years day 2011 for our 11 days at Majahua Palms. We arrived in LA and found that we were going to be delayed 3 hrs ( Not happy). We tried to keep good thoughts of sun and relaxation so we made it through and the flights were nice, Thanks Alaska Air.

We Arrived in Extapa/Zihuatanejo Internacional Airport after dark, but had scheduled with Mike (The Manager) to have a cab for us. The driver was there with a sign (after waiting for us for 3 hrs) and a smile on his face, Thanks Uylissis. Like I said it was dark by now so we were tired as we started our journey though Zihua and Ixtapa.

Ulyissis gave a us a small tour on our way to Majahua and we stopped at the grocery store for some small items. We then began the drive to paradise, It was about 50 minutes on Mexico Hwy200 and then on a long dirt road with no lights (kinda scary) But it was nice and relaxing. We finally arrived at Majahua Palms and were greeted by Mike and Rudolpho. They took our bags and Mike put his hand on my shoulder and I could feel the warmth and hospitality melt any stress of the day away.

We awoke after a small battle with the mosquito's, we found fresh hot coffee outside out bungalow and my wife and I watched the waves roll in, Heaven...... The resort was not completely full but the people we met were so nice and you felt like all was good in the world. Thanks Jeff and Family for sharing your time with us. We will do it again.

We spent the next 11 days doing a lot of nothing, we observed Grey Whales. We took a cab into the city but after about 30 minutes we agreed that we wanted to head back to the peace and quite of the Majahua Palms. If you are looking for a party place this isn't it, if you are wanting relaxation its for you.

Mike, , Lori, Benito and all the staff are wonderful and will tend to anything you need. The rooms/Bungalows were great and you could see and hear the Ocean from all around. The pool was nice and the Ocean was great. The grounds were well kept and inviting.

We ate at the restaurant almost every day and night and the food was great ( I recommend the Red Snapper with garlic). We were taken just a walk down the beach by our new found friends Jeff, Kim, Thomas and the girls Briana and Steph to a small beach restaurant in Mahajua called the Toro Del Mar. Its is owned and run by the mother of Belle who works at the Mahajua Palms, Its a must, very clean and fresh fish everyday...

This was a great break from our busy lives and we are thankful for the opportunity to have been able to spend time at this resort. we have traveled to Australia, Fiji and other places around the world, This was a great place to relax and get grounded again. We highly recommend the Mahajua Palms.

Thanks to Mike, Lori, Benito and all the staff. See you all and the Lewis family soon.....

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank topcopbob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#2 of 7 in Troncones
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 10 in Troncones

Been to Majahua Palms? Share your experiences!