“Serenity, Warmth and Hospitality”
Review of Casa Kukana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Casa Kukana
Evanston, Illinois
“Serenity, Warmth and Hospitality”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Three friends and I just spent 6 nights at Casa Kukana to celebrate one of our birthdays. We couldn't have had a better time had we tried. Everything about our stay was wonderful. The rooms were decorated beautifully and appointed with everything that we needed for our stay. The grounds were beautiful and impeccably maintained, and the views were to die for. The 2 things that I enjoyed most about staying at Casa Kukana was: the privacy and the wonderful hospitality of the owner, Suzanne, her family and staff. They truly went above and beyond to make sure our stay was as enjoyable and carefree as possible. As a result, we had the most amazing time and I know I will return there as soon as I have the opportunity. Sayulita is a magical place and Casa Kukana was the perfect retreat for us. Suzanne and her family have been in Sayulita for a while, and therefore were able to answer all of our questions with an insiders perspective. I have never felt more at home on a vacation. Everything was relaxed, everything was easy and the surroundings were breathtakingly beautiful.

Room Tip: The largest room with the full kitchen is definitely the best. We rented all three rooms which fit...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank milne14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I recently stayed at Casa Kukana for 12 days as part of a trip to celebrate my mother's 60th birthday. We were looking for somewhere beautiful, with plenty of space but safe for our little 4 month old son, and close to the beach. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. Casa Kukana literally has some of the best views in Sayulita and is only a few minutes walk from the beach and the town centre. We were in the 2 bedroom Moroccan place and it was beautiful - the bedrooms were beautifully decorated and the bathrooms were awesome, with an huge tub and views of the coast line. The amazing terrace was perfect for enjoying breakfast in the shade, or watching the incredible thunder storms roll in across the hills and ocean (we were there in August so it was the rainy / stormy season). Our little boy absolutely loved the pool and we all enjoyed relaxing in the sun loungers surrounded by the lovely tropical garden. The place was equipped with everything we needed to be able to cook for ourselves whenever we didn't feel like eating out, and the place was kept very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mitrafeldman
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Had a beautiful view and the pool was unbeatable but would avoid staying here in the off season. Very hard to get to in the dark as there are not many lights guiding the long uphill walk from town. Very hot with A/C's that marginally worked. Plumbing marginal as well!
On another note-The caretaker from the apartment was wonderful. Responded to every need and request promptly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paska4
Houston Tx.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Casa Kukana has all the amenities of a Rock Star Villa, with out the price. I like to stay here mostly because of the privacy, not to mention the view. You can see about 15 miles up the Coast. and you look right down on the main beach. This is the kind of place that if you were building, or buying a place in Sayulita you would want it layed out, and designed like this. The grounds are so well landscaped with local vegetation you would swear Casa Kukana has been here 50-60 years. This was our second time at Casa Kukana, and truthfully if it's not available for when we want to go, we would change our dates to make sure this is where will will be staying. The owner Suzanne is a walking best seller (she needs to write a book), to hear her story about finding the property, and turning it into Casa Kukana from scratch, is a real treat. This is not your ordinary rental in Sayulita, this is a Gem of a place that will keep you coming back for years. It's the perfect place for a couple, or a whole family with 3 different separate places to stay on property. The details have been well thought out to insure tranquility. Also the perfect place for a wedding. We can't wait to come back to Casa Kukana.

Room Tip: The Moroccan is our favorite with a full kitchen, and livingroom. We slept so well in the Air Condit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Txguitarfreak
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently spent a week here in June with my girlfriend and some friends. I had been to Sayulita on multiple occasions but we always stayed in the town. Casa Kukana was an excellent choice because of the great proximity to town and the beach, yet far enough to have privacy. We stayed in the charming two bedroom Moroccan bungalow which has a huge kitchen with everything you would need to for a excellent meal. The master bedroom has beautiful double sink handcrafted bathroom with two shower heads over looking the water. All the rooms have exceptional views of the jungle and the ocean. It is very convenient that all the rooms have A/C so at night you can cool things down before going to sleep. It is truly a magical place where you can relax by the infinity pool and read a good book, or go to the beach just steps away from the door step. Not to mention all the great surf and paddle boarding that is available! The grounds were just amazing, everything was perfectly manicured, the grass felt like velvet under my feet. It was great to have the nice grass to enjoy with the pool. All the staff are very friendly, Santiago and his family make everyone welcome at Casa Kukana, not to mention that they do an excellent job keeping the place clean. There are so many words i could say about this place, but you really need to go to believe it! the pictures dont do it justice! The views are absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend Casa Kukana to any family or couple traveling to this quaint fishing town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nick W
Redmond, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Casa Kukana for 8 days. It sits on top of a hill overlooking the south end of the Sayulita Beach. What a view! You can walk up/down the steps from Villa Amour (challenging) or you can take the road up/down. You are about 5 min from the beach. We stayed in the Morocco suite which has a large room with kitchen, huge deck, wonderful air conditioned bedroom and the most amazing and huge tub/shower. The entire side of the sweet facing the beach is open with screen doors. The breeze is always blowing even on the warmest of days. Suzanne the owner has been slowly building her home over the last 20 years. The architecture, colors, grounds and artwork are spectacular. There are countless species of birds chirping and entertaining all day long. There is a large pool perched on the beach side of the property with a nice lawn and well manicured gardens. Sayulita is a charming small surfing town frequented by Canadians and US citizens and you have a wide variety of restaurants. This is a perfect place to lounge in the sun or learn to paddle board or surf.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

If I had to describe Casa Kukana in a single word - it would be paradise. I was sold the first time I walked up the steps and saw a view of the beach from the gorgeous grounds. I could have spent the entire week sitting beside the pool, reading a book and listening to the ocean waves.

We had a view of the ocean from the minute we woke up in the morning (from the bedroom) until we watched the sunset on the porch. I'm not sure I'll ever again take a shower while I watch the ocean waves careen onto the sand!

We happened to be in Sayulita on Easter weekend, when the town was incredibly busy and noisy. It was so pleasant to be at Casa Kukana, above the noise and away from the crowds.

I really enjoyed the stroll into town (no need to rent a car or golf cart) but beware. My 9-year-old counted, and there are 200 steps from Villa Amor to Casa Kukana. I loved it! I felt like I got in great shape just walking into town; but the location is not for the faint at heart.

I highly recommend staying at Case Kukana if you should make the wise decision to visit Sayulita. Suzanne and her family are lovely people, and they make the stay in Mexico all the more special!

P.S. Another bonus is the family's adorable dogs. We wanted (and nearly did!) take Monkey home with us!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family