“absolutely amazing”
Review of Casa Kukana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Casa Kukana
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Casa Kukana is the most amazing place you could stay in sayulita! a wonderful view, run by a wonderfully accommodating family who lives right above which makes you feel extra safe. once in a lifetime amazing experience, i would love to go back :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stayed in this villa for only 5 days as there were no other dates during our stay to Sayulita. ( I wished we could have stayed longer!!) This place is the most wonderful place I have ever stayed in. The grounds were absolutely fabulous and well manicured. It was an oasis in a very dry and sometimes very dirty Mexico. The gardener was there everyday watering and cleaning the yard. We spent a lot of time at the villa as it was so beautiful. The pool is small but enough for a nice cool dunk. It was beautiful to sit and watch down below. There is a spot to the right if the pool overlooking the bank where sat some chairs. We LOVED to sit there and look right down to the beach and watch the comings and goings below. I got up early in the ams and had my coffee there until it got too hot when the sun came out. The actual villa is amazing!! My two dtr stayed downstairs in the suite below us and loved that they had their own oasis. Upstairs is large and included a very well equipped kitchen with a stove/oven, toaster oven and coffee maker. They supply a large bottle of water on the counter. The deck is huge and had a beautiful table and chairs to look over the bay. The bedroom is very nicely decorated and the BR is beautiful as the shower has a large window that looks onto a beautiful bouganvilla tree. Both bedrooms are airconditioned if you want. I would definately recommend this place to anyone that is interested in a villa. The road to get to it from the beach is VERY steep but well worth the surroundings when you get up to the top. There is a road from in behind but it is a lot longer and you have to walk through some very dusty roads. Owner kept her distance but was available if we needed to talk to her. She and her family live in the 3 levels above. The gardener was very helpful and spoke excellent english so I often asked him questions.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mollyGrandForks_BC
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This was my 7th time to Sayulita and took a friend who had never been before and we stayed at Casa Kukana (Morrocan), and absolutely feel in love with the place from the moment we walked on the grounds! The owner and her staff are so hospitable and very accommodating! We laid by the pool most days and watched the town happenings from atop of the hill. We rented a golf cart (which we nick named our “jeep”) to get up and down the hill from Casa Kukana. You can walk, but the “jeep” ride made our trip even more enjoyable, and with the town bridge being out, it made it easier to get to the North side of town. I would highly recommend Casa Kukuna for your next stay in Sayulita, you won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I love Casa Kukana and love the family operating the villas. The grounds are private, there is a pool, clean rooms, and jungle trails that I love to walk early in the morning and late in the afternoons. Divine, simply divine. I always feel safe and return repeatedly to this private slice of heaven on earth.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lula01
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This was a girls trip. My best girlfriend and I came here from Chicago for 5 days. It was amazing. Casa Kukana is exactly what we needed. The pictures dont do the grounds justice. It really is a private beautiful backyard with view of the main beach. It takes about 5-7min to walk down to the beach but it is a very steep walk therefore I would not advise for anyone with any physicial limitations. The pool is small and nice for a dip, we spend our whole day at the beach. We stayed at the english suite/studio. It was clean, small and cute. Next time if i came back I might prefer to stay at the 2 bedroom villa. You do share the backyard and pool with the other villa. susan the owner lives on top so you feel safe. I felt very very safe. this was imp for my husband as I was traveling with another girl and we were always very very safe. email me if you have questions. I hope to return and bring back my hubby. The food is amazing in sayulita and the ocean warm.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank dagmaras
Reviewed November 22, 2009

From the handpicked stone walkways, architecture & pool to the ornately carved palapa, furniture and garden statues imported from Bali, this is a truly special place to enjoy the splendors of one of the most beautiful places on the continent. Just try to pry your eyes away from the view from the decks, gardens and pool, it is unbelievable.

The bungalows are tastefully done and appointed handsomely with art and decor that must have taken great effort. They are extremely comfortable and have everything necessary for a stay in a home away from home. The peaceful grounds, serene gardens and lawns are well kept with lots of palms and flowers. We felt as if we had our own secret villa! We cooked a lot of our own meals and enjoyed them either the kitchen table, on the deck, or by the pool. Bring home some smoked marlin from the seafood store by the bridge and make fish tacos!!! We loved it so much we packed some home with us.

We enjoyed our stay immensely and look forward to a return visit. Suzanne and her family plus her Manager Santiago and his wife Suzanna are friendly, caring, attentive and resourceful. Their knowledge of the town and its surroundings are priceless. It is definitely worth mentioning that in Sayulita they run the Buddha Mar, decorated stylishly in the same Bali style, with wonderful staff and drinks located near the beach. And at street level underneath is their boutique and spa carrying imported and local crafts, clothes and jewelry, with a relaxing and tranquil spa experience that we enjoyed very much.

We have been to Sayulita several times and stayed at many different properties, but now will never try another after our wonderful time at Casa Kukana.

For first time visitors to Sayulita, our one caveat to share with you is that this is not a resort town. Instead, thankfully, it is an opportunity to stay in beautiful rural Mexico and experience its culture, ocean, geography and food without the hang-ups of "packaged" (cookie-cutter) hotels and vacations. Expect some small challenges, to fend for yourself in some situations, restaurants and shops to open on their own schedules, and not have everything available at your fingertips 24 hours a day. All of which make the journey just as fun as the destination!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Qwazzar
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I recently stayed at Casa Kukana in Sayulita while attending a wedding. What an incredible place it turned out to be. We had wonderful views of the ocean and village and just sat out by the pool for a hours on end. I would recommend that any who travels to Sayulita should stay at this place. It allowed to experience the vacation of a lifetime. Brad Powers

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple