Review Highlights

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
eaglemom970
Eagle, CO
via mobile

All reviews learn how visiting sayulita diego risa surf wave lesson confidence knowledge board stoke blast newbies shore paddling
Reviewed 1 week ago

Risa is not only a great instructor but is incredibly interesting and a great soul. I've surfed before and have taken a handful of lessons but I felt like I came out of my lessons with Risa more knowledgeable about surfing.

Form beginning to end, I received quick responses and she was flexible to work with our group schedules to ensure we could get lessons in. My friends were beginners and both had a great time. Risa was patient and gave insightful instructions.

I can't wait to go back and surf with Risa again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am not really a water person, so I was very nervous before my lesson. In fact, I almost cancelled. I am so glad that I did not!! I had the best experience EVER! What a thrill! Risa and Diego were so encouraging and attentive and I felt very safe under their instruction. I even got up the first time!! I would recommend them to everyone! I never thought I would surf for the first time at age 54 (I am not a huge athlete, more of a bookworm), but I may have discovered a new passion! Thank you SO MUCH!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So my husband and I are not beginner surfers but not advanced either. We worked with Risa and Diego for a week and improved so much. The conditions in Sayulita and surrounding breaks are great for progressing because the waves are softer and slower in general, even if they have considerable size like well overhead, which we had on three of our seven days. I got almost every wave I paddled for. All week. This is because Risa and Diego have all the breaks dialed in, they know where to sit, what waves to go for, and command respect and admiration from everyone surfing around them. They share the stoke, share the waves, and are generous with their knowledge and praise to everyone. So I could have just tried to improve in my own, and I would have been expending all my energy paddling for stuff I wouldn’t get. I wouldn’t have had any feedback either. My ability to learn and progress would have been limited and my confidence impacted negatively. Instead I learned so much and surfed so many many waves because of them and I was able to work on specific things for improvement. Such a positive experience. Thanks Risa and Diego, we are coming back as soon as possible.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Great lessons, and a great time for a great price. The instructor helped immensely throughout my learning experience in this new horizon of my palate of travel.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Puerto Vallarta this week for a family reunion. I wanted to surf while I was here so I booked private lessons with Risa and Diego. They are both awesome teachers. I’ve been surfing for a year and a half and they both had a lot of helpful tips to improve my surfing. I had a great time with them and learned a lot. The drive to Sayulita from Puerto Vallarta took about an hour and was easy. I highly recommend!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Surf it out is all about quality! Risa is a pro and gives you the best tips to improve. She's an amazing teacher and bright person and because of her positive energy she makes you wanna surf more!Thanks for the super lessons! and I'll come back for sure!

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Risa and Diego were awesome! We had a big group of 16 and logistics changed daily. They always said yes we can help! Boards, rash guards, leashes, wax and info on waves. If I had a question, Risa had the answers! They love their community and teach about Sayulita. They taught about 8 new surfers in our group and all stood up. Highlight of trip The day of surf with Surf it Out. I am sooooo thankful.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Risa was amazing. So knowledgeable about the tips we needed to keep us standing up, wave after wave. She picked the time and the spot perfectly and had me and my wife on far more waves than we ever expected.

We’d recommend a private sunrise lesson with Risa to anyone!

Reviewed April 15, 2018

Risa and Diego were amazing! We came down to the area with our family and needed a quick surf break and they did not disappoint. From the time they picked us up to the time they dropped us off they were true professionals. They are a must to surf with while in the area!

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Risa and Diego were great - truly amazing experience surfing with them - 14 year old daughter totally hooked after surfing with them.