Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good fish restaurant with a good menu and prices. The wait staff is knowledgeable and will recommend things if you can’t make up your mind. Nice ambiance. Recommended.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (232)

Reviewed January 6, 2020

I visited Sayulita 3 years ago, and it was the first time I'd ever eaten coconut shrimp. There was a small shack down one of the side streets, and the lady that ran it made coconut shrimp in a tortilla. I came back this year and was gutted to find out she was no longer there. We had El Jakal recommended to us, and quite simply wow. Its not in the main square or the side streets, but its 5 minutes away. Well worth taking the 5 minute walk as its away from all the building work and the tons of people and the food is simply out of this world. The guacamole here was some of the best we have eaten, we also had the Quesadillas and the Limonada, much more than we could ever eat as the portions are a very good size, and the flavour is simply incredible.

Reviewed December 30, 2019

Haven't been here in four years, but was the first place I wanted to eat at, upon returning to Sayulita. Juan Carlos, the owner, remembered me and it was great to see him. I was not disappointed with the food. I went with my wife, our daughter and three grandchildren. Everyone loved what they ordered from the crazy avocado, coconut shrimp, marlin, my grandson even liked his hamburger, which is something I didn't know they even did. My oldest granddaughter is a vegan and she was happy. I did forget that you need to bring your own alcohol, so remember that.

1  Thank Haven02
Reviewed December 19, 2019 via mobile

I am SO glad we found this restaurant! We originally saw reviews on Trip Advisor but turned out to be an old or incorrect listing and spent half an hour looking for it on the wrong side of town. We finally figured out where it was and I am so happy we tried again, because the coconut shrimp is to die for! I don't know which gods they had to sacrifice to for the recipe for the dip, but whatever it was, it was worth it!! Best coconut shrimp I have ever had in my life. And the Limonada was so good, glad I saw someone mention it in their reviews, it's not something I would normally order. If you are in Sayulita and don't try this restaurant, you are missing out.

Reviewed December 1, 2019

I love little local places with delicious foods and drink, friendly wait staff and thirst quenching drink so for me El Jakal suits my fancy. Love a cold limonada naturelle here better than anywhere else I've tried so I have one after a hot walk in town and on the beach. I love the cauliflower ceviche as it is so tasty as have been other vegano dishes here as well. It is my fave place to sit and relax and I will bring a friend in when she visits soon. Very friendly waiter who told me how excellent the passion flower salsa is and oh yes it is yum :) Intend to eat here often as I like the north shore a lot and El Jakal is affordable too.

Date of visit: November 2019