“Just go!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We read about this and heard from some people who spend 2 months a year in Sayulita. This is a stationary "food truck", with 4 tables. We came at 7:15pm and at 8:15pm there were 15 people waiting for take-out. You can take-out or eat on the few tables. My wife had an excellent margarita (strong) and I had a beer. As there was about 6 couples being served ahead of us we were given two mixed shrimp/marlin ceviche which were delicious. My wife had the coconut shrimp, and even with me helping, we left one. Portions are large. The pineapple "sauce" for dunking the shrimp into should be bottled and sold. I had the El Jakal fish speciality which was a mahimahi filet with a delicious marinara sauce with chunks of shrimp. Total tab for everything was P295, less than US$25. Amazing value for $.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just had great
coconut shrimp tonight and custom made margaritas. Silly octopus was excellent. Congrats and good luck! Hope you make it for a long time!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a great little restaurant (truck) in the North end of Sayulita. Perfect for those staying at Casablanca, Delfines, Gemalas, etc. The marlin tostatos ( 10pesos each ) or ceviche tacos are awesome. You can sit on bar stools attached to the truck or under cover at several tables with bright tablecloths and ceiling fans. Our family ate here MANY times before and after walking into town, sometimes twice in one day! The beer is very cold and you can watch them prepare your food. Coconut shrimp were my husbands favourite!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is one of my favorite lunch spots. Fresh, clean, local ingredients, reasonable price and friendly staff. I love the grilled fish tacos, and have yet to try some of the larger dishes. The staff, even the chef, is always smiling and welcoming. I have tried fish tacos almost everywhere and this is my favorite! Simple and made with love. The restaurant has a taco-stand appearance, but delivers a quality equal or better than other more formal fine-dining locations. The quiet north end of the main beach in Sayulita is an oasis from the hubbub of the town plaza and perfect for savoring each bite in tranquility.

1  Thank pajarodefuegosayulit
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We had the coconut shrimp. Amazing. Went back a few days later with a fish we caught and they cooked it up for us for and only asked for a tip. They did a great job! Really friendly service, and great food. I'm happy to support this business.