“Best Coconut Shrimp in Town!”
Review of El Jakal seafood

El Jakal seafood
Ranked #26 of 145 Restaurants in Sayulita
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Have tried the coconut shrimp just about everywhere in Sayulita, and El Jakal's are the best! You get a generous portion of 10 large shrimp, each one hand rolled in coconut and cooked fresh. Comes with a side salad, rice, garlic bread and some fries. Great value and a very reasonable price. My husband loved the tequila shrimp sauce, it was his favourite, and his meal came with a shot of tequila. Highly recommended. Not easy to find, but worth the walk. It's a food truck with a few tables and chairs. Very basic and casual with very friendly staff. I'll be back again and again.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Nine is how many coconut shrimp were on my platter. That's such a nice amount, far better than the four I got a few days before elsewhere. As reported from others, they are very, very tasty, and both the shrimp and the coconut taste as fresh as the ocean is beautiful here. Crazy avocado is over-rated, and we have eaten better guac at just about everywhere else. The stuffed pineapple was more interesting in concept than execution but it was tasty and unusual--and very filling. We enjoyed the street scene while waiting for our dinner, and are glad we tried it.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Although we were staying near the plaza, we took the ten-minute trek to El Jakal for two dinners during our week in Sayulita. The tequila and coconut shrimp are both outstanding. And for a place that apparently just started making margaritas, they've got it down cold.

1  Thank dcm55403
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The only thing better than the food at El Jakal is chatting with the handsome and charming owner
Juan Carlos! Chef Manuel's Coconut Crusted Fish is my fave. My galfriends
who visit like the Crazy Avocado Salad with Shrimp. Their fish tacos are
are the real deal with generous portions. It's just a casual little food truck with
a few tables, but believe me, it is worth the walk across the river to the North Side of town.

1  Thank Galaboutown
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Hub and I better 7 days and as much as we love to try new restaurants the pull to El Jakal was too strong to resist! Friendly staff and AMAZING COCONUT SHRIMP!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Becki D