“Best restaurant in Sayulita!”
Review of Il Vizietto - CLOSED

Il Vizietto
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Los Angeles, California
“Best restaurant in Sayulita!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Not sure why Il Vizietto isn't number one but I'm happy to keep it a secret! We go at least once per visit to Sayulita and are always blown away by luca's amazing pasta, sauces, pizza and caipirinhas! If you've never been, do yourself a favor and go tonight! You can thank me later ;)

Visited November 2013

Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
“I love Il Vizietto!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I have been to this restaurant many times. We discovered it two years ago and have never forgotten the wonderful meals we ate there. Now we are back in Sayulita and it is everything I remembered. I love the ambience. Romantic jungle setting, swings at the front island in front of Luca's kitchen, fantastic eclectic mix of great music, and, of course, the food.
Homemade pastas and wood fired pizzas are the menu items. Luca makes only a few pastas daily with beautiful fresh ingredients. When you arrive, you can go directly to where Luca is preparing meals and listen to his daily specials. He is a master at what he does. Authentic. Delicious. Unexpected. Basically, a must if you are in Sayulita!

• Visited November 2013
Bay Area, CA
“Eccentric Italian”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I loved the experience at Il Vizietto. I loved it more than the food, though the food was good, too. It wasn't amazing. Luka, the owner, is, however . . . and he and his eccentric style made the evening for me.

For one, he didn't even have a sign indicating that there was a restaurant. True, I was there in the off-season, so maybe he has a sign when the hoards of tourists come. Nevertheless, I imagine he pretty much does what he does and people find him because he's unique and different.

There is no menu. He makes what he makes. There is always at least one vegetarian item, possibly two. He claims to always have two salads available -- a caprese and a Greek -- though none was on offer during my visit. On the evening I visited, he had a gnocchi putanesca, a blue cheese and pear tortellini, and a fettuccine carbonara. Putanesca has anchovy; carbonara has bacon; so I was left with the tortellini.

The tortellini was plump and the filling was superb. The pictures posted here reflect what the tortellini looks like, even if the filling is different. I thought the tortellini could have been softer. It was certainly homemade. It was certainly different.

I have no idea how he prices his meals. I think it's a flat fee -- though I may be wrong. There's no menu. There was a group of three next to me who ordered three dishes and had drinks. They paid the same prices as I without drinks. They had a bottle of wine, but maybe they brought it with them. I'm clueless. Normally I would be irritated by this, but I'm not with Luka. He's awesome. He just does what he does, and who am I to question his way? He's like an absent-minded creative artist who just creates and sees what happens. No pretense. It just is. I love that. Yes, compared to tacos on the street, this is expensive. If you're visiting from the United States, Canada, or Europe, shut up about it. It's probably the price of the Olive Garden (with tax and tip), except that one doesn't get unlimited bread sticks, salad or soup.

He has swings. Who has swings? It's the oddest, cutest, most eccentric restaurant in Sayulita -- perhaps on the Pacific Coast. Go. I can't promise the food will blow you away. It'll be good. It's cheaper than Mangiafuoco and more interesting. It's an experience. Luka will make an impression. I'm still thinking about the experience and the evening days later.

Recommended.

• Visited October 2013
Monterrey
“DELICIOUS MEAL”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Everything in sunday at 11pm was closed, except that lovely place with swings, I remember it made me feel in a total different place.

We were so hungry, so the waitress recomended us the things that they had at the moment because everything is handmade by an italian boy, also the different kind of pasta.
It was hard to decide what to eat, everything sounded delicious, but we did it.

After less than 10 minutes we were served, I think we had to wait more for the meal than for eat it, Everything was delicious that I asked for one of the other recomendations and a mojito.

• Visited April 2013
Ajijic, Mexico
“Unique Italian”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

You have to like this place just for the unique ambiance. Where else can you enjoy fresh pasta on a swing? It feels a little like dining in someone's back yard. The menu does not afford a lot of choice. The night we were there they offered various types of fresh pasta to choose from, one type of sauce (or maybe two), and no salads. There also was some pretty good red wine. But the pasta was good and the experience was fun. It's casual dining you will remember.

• Visited August 2013