“BEST RESTAURANT IN SAYULITA!”
Review of Il Vizietto - CLOSED

Il Vizietto
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lucca is a genius! His concept is to only make a set amount of pasta each night which is all on display in his open kitchen. He then walks you through the 5-7 dishes and lets you get a feel for the different flavors by allowing you to taste the various sauces. The concept is brilliant and a fun experience for food lovers like myself. His concoctions aren't your typical touristy Italian restaurant dishes, but instead, filled with passion like it's done in Italy. My favorite was his crepe filled with pumpkins, pecan and topped with red and white sauce---I wish I knew what was in that white sauce!! My family is from Italy and I have been several times and my meal at Il Vizietto was up there in the top! Thank you Lucca!!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The owner of the house we're renting recommended Il Vizietto, and what a good steer this was. The restaurant is set in a grove of palm trees, with lights in the trees, swings hanging from trees if you're waiting for a table, or at one table if you want to eat in them, and a remarkable show of two Italian men making fresh food to order. The pizza guy looks like a dancer, the way he moves the dough, and the pasta guy is like a percussionist, moving amongst bubbling pots and skillets with precision and flare. The food is stunning, fresh, and all the better for how interesting this place is. the margaritas were killer good and we can't wait to return.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

One of a kind italian restaurant in a great town! Food cooked to order or just ask the chef to surprise you. You will not be disappointed. Add to that the unique swing seats around the high top tables and you have a unique and fun experience!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just returned from a month long trip to Mexico. During our Tay we traveled to Sayulita to meet up with some friends. The told us about this amazing resturant they had eaten at and wanted to return.
When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly young woman, who seated us on swings around a large bar/table. There were regular seats on the opposite side of the bar. The chef told us what was being offered for the night (no menus) and told us about their pizzas. I selected the Blue Cheese and Pear Tortellini and Gnocchi. It was my first time eating Gnocchi, and I have to say it was fantastic. The group also shared a pizza, and I have to say it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had (now pizza I have a lot of experience with) period. The crust was crisp and light, and all of the ingredient were fresh.

We are planning a trip back to Mexico soon, and will be staying in Sayulita. We are looking forward to visiting Il Vizietto. If vacationing in Sayulita, if you eat nowhere else you must try this place.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went back to Il Vizietto in July, during the low season. The restaurant does not offer pizzas during the summer, but Luca is still making his hand-made pastas daily, and they offer a variety of salads.

One night we went and he had made tortellini with beef and ham stuffing. We had a salad, then the tortellini and and order of shrimp in coconut milk (which was enough for us, to be honest) and then proceeded to order another order of tortellini because it was just so good. Still is the best pasta I've had in Mexico. Can't wait until the high season again when the pizzas are back!