“Truly Amazing”

The Amazing Hostel Sayulita
Boston, Massachusetts
“Truly Amazing”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Amazing Hostel Sayulita was the perfect place for my friends and I. We were all able to stay in the same room, which was clean and lockers are provided to keep your things secure while your'e out. The staff was extremely friendly and laid back, and the other guests staying in the hostel were awesome as well. We all ended up hanging out in Sayulita together and played games at the hostel. Anwar, the owner, is a cool guy and I give his hostel two thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed April 8, 2014

.Spent a few days at this hostel and was not disappointed. Dorms were clean and the bathroom showers were first rate. It is an easy 5 minute walk to town. The staff was first rate and I will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 30, 2014

On my last trip to Mexico i stayed here for a few days. Everything was perfect, the staff was really nice, as well as the guests. The whole hostel was very clean and it was good to have a kitchen as well. Would stay here again :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Oaxaca, Mexico
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hostel for 3nights, but we wouldve stayed longer we just had to keep moving! The owners are amazing, they gave us great advice and even booked our next bus for us! Very clean place too! Thanks again!! Manu and karo! Xx

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at the Amazing Hostel for 10 days for a surf trip and had a wonderful time. The owners are really nice, the dorms are comfy and very clean. The hostel is also very quiet after 11pm. It is located only a 5-minute walk from the beach and the city center. I would definetly recommend this hostel to anyone who is traveling alone and looks for a friendly place to stay. I look forward to go back to this hostel again!

• Stayed March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I spent a week at The Amazing Hostel over Christmas 2013 and really enjoyed my stay. It's super clean--constantly being cleaned-- and well organized, and the family that runs it are very helpful. You can rent beach towels, a boogie board, and book tours with them. The kitchen is well stocked with dishes and cooking pots etc you can borrow, and there is free UV filtered water available. There are a few different lounge/hang out areas, including around a nice pool! The family were also super nice, concerned and most helpful when I got injured and couldn't walk well. I was supposed to switch dorms that day as I was extending my stay, but when they found out I was injured they switched someone else instead so I didn't have to pack and move to the other room. That was super appreciated!

Like all hostels, there are mostly younger people staying there who generally go out at night to party. I was unusual in that I'm in my 40's but was staying in the dorm and going to bed at 10 pm, when the other gals were getting ready to go out. i found that when they came back in, they were generally quiet--and I always bring ear plugs to a hostel (except one night when a new person came, but when i reminded her that some folks were trying to sleep, she quieted down and got to bed). I expect this in a hostel from time to time.

I found the owners lovely and other guests to be quite friendly--an eclectic mix from around the globe. It's a smaller but very nicely arranged hostel, with a few dorm rooms, and they do have some private rooms as well.

I would stay here again. It's also just a short walk to the beach, and close to the main square but far enough away to be quiet at night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Sadly my stay only lasted three days as i had made reservations elsewhere, and if i hadn't i'm not sure I ever would have left! Not only are the grounds beautiful but the staff are very friendly and everything is very well maintained. They have lockers in the dorm rooms, but not once did i ever bother locking my stuff up as the hostel itself is so safe, and everyone staying with me at the time was absolutely wonderful. Would stay there again without a doubt and recommend it to everyone staying in Sayulita!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo