“Super friendly and helpful!”

Patricia's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Sayulita Life
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Both Patricia and Pablo (Paul) are super helpful and encouraging to the beg/intermediate srifer. The boards I have gotten were great and appropriate for my ability. We have come back twice to rent from them and they give advice on the best board/time/spot for the local conditions. They offer chairs on the beach for the non-surfing spouse and really make you feel welcome.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 13 reviews

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We corresponded with Patty weeks before we arrived in Sayulita for our first visit to the area. Patty was extremely prompt in her responses and gave us excellent advice. When we met her it was like visiting an "old" friend and her attitude was consistent throughout our ten day visit.

Patrica's offers a wide array of surfing equipment which is well maintained and in very good shape (compared to others with worn out/damaged boards).

Being located near Captain Pablo's is a big plus....they serve good food at a reasonable prices.....simply enjoy a decent meal.....hit the waves.....and return to chill out after a session.

Patty provides a place to store your valuables and even has a shower facility to clean up after your day on the beach.

Great Value.....Great Service.....Great Local Perspective......Look No Further.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Sayulita and were were disappointed with the service offered by Patricia's Surf School. We had read lots of reviews before making our decision and correspondance with her was great prior to arriving in Saylulita. What we wanted was expressed and when we got there it was not offered so we went with a refresher (we both have some expereince surfing and wanted lessons to take us to the next level - this was not offered)... We hired an instructor for a few hours (better deal if you pay in US $) as it had been a few years for us. After a quick beach session (where Patricia reviewed the basics and had spoken about how "not all surfers can teach, and we hire surfers that can", we were introduced to Lamar (I think was his name). As we were walking down to the water he was telling us how hung over he was and that he had a cold and wasn't feeling well (not very professional, but what would you expect from a 17 - 18 y/o kid - so no big deal)... Both my wife and I were able to get right up and the lesson seemed to go well, initially... Then my wife went in to take a break after an hour as she was tired and she was told by Lamar that he would go back and work with me.. Well he ended up taking her board and went surfing and we never saw him again... I went to Patricia to complain and she pretty much blew me off and said that he mentioned to her that I was doing well!! One other interesting thing to mention, she comes across as very condescending and pompous. I was astounded when I paid the 750 pesos (for the 2, 2 - hour lessons) with a 1000 pesos, she asked if I wanted change!! Not sure why I paid, probably b/c we were going to hire them (Captain Pablo's) for a fly fishing trip (review to follow - and a positive one at that).

Anyway, if all you want is beginner surf lessons you can try Patricia's or any one of the other places on the beach as they all offer the same thing at the same price. If you do decide to go with Patricia's, request Tony - he seemed to be a great instructor that actually stayed with his students for the entire 2 hours!!

2  Thank 1_4_adventure
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was surfing in Sayulita, Mexico and saw a young boy drop in on another's wave. The lady signaled to him she was there but he did not get the message. She then jumped off her wave. Her board must have hit his and he had a hissy fit! Completely off the wall......bad local boy who thinks he owns the waves.