“Very tasty, but bring your own bottle”
Review of Pizza Venezia

Pizza Venezia
Ranked #19 of 159 Restaurants in Sayulita
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The pizza crust really is the real thing. That alone is worth the hike if you are not staying nearby. The hours are hard to keep track of, so be ready to try something else (hit the Beer Garten before Medusa, though)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This street side pizza joint severed up tasty and affordable, authentic Italian pizza. We really enjoyed ourselves and ended up eating here a couple of times. It always seemed busy, so the service was a bit lacking, but it was still a fun evening out. you can bring your own beer and wine...
We really enjoyed our evenings here.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went to this restaurant two weeks ago. Worst service we received while in Sayulita! Waiter was downright rude and the service was slow. Pizza was burned on bottom. My husband and I both had diarrhea after eating at this restaurant.

Mattia D, Proprietario at Pizza Venezia, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Hi everybody,
My name is Mattia and I'm the owner and the pizzachef of Pizza Venezia.
I would normally not do this, but in this case I have to answer to this unappropriate and bad review.
First of all I want to say I would only answer to the "diarea" issue wich isthe only that I don't really find correct and respectfull. About all the the others issues as service and food I won't say anything. This is a free and democratical web site, so people are free of saying whatever their opinion is about the four criterias: food, price, atmosphere, service.

The diarea fact it is just an unprooved pubblic offense.

In ten years of experience this is the first time something like this happens.

When I first got in Mexico I got sick so bad so many times that i had to to the hospital. But I didn't started accusing in pubblic all the restaurants i've been eating in even if I was very upset.
Than I simply realized that it is something that naturally happens to visitors after a while that they are here. So it is very probable that it was simply the result of all the food and drinks accumulated in weeks of holidays, as it happens to many.

The second thing is that, as many customers know very well, we often out of mant ingredients and people get very upset. The reason is that we only buy and prepare little quantities of food to make sure we have the freshest quality and to avoid the risk of poisoning.

The third thing is that it sound very strange that someone got sick after eating a burnt pizza coming from a 350 celsius degrees oven.

Concluding....you may say about the service, you may say about the overcooking, but let's not exagerate accusing and offending the healthiest food in town. Think about what you've been drinking and eating during you staying!! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

pizza and the pasta dishes are excellent, if i could give it 6 stars outta 5 i would have. Bring your own booze also

Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you need to get pizza in Mexico, this is a good stand in. We have pizza every Friday night with friends and family and, when we were in Sayulita, we decided to continue the tradition. We ordered two pizzas which were very reasonable -- less than $10/pizza. It was the best pizza in Sayulita...and the only pizza in Sayulita. It was extra salty, and not *exactly* what we asked for, but the kids thought it was fine. Thin crust, cheesy. What else could you want while abroad?