“Great Experience & Staff”

Lunazul Surf School and Shop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surf lessons, surf camps and surf trips in and around Sayulita. We have teamed up with I Love Waves who organizes the best surf camp option in Mexico. With theory lessons, video analysis and plenty of in-water practice, you will come out a better surfer, guraranteed! We take pride in teaching people to surf and to improve their current surfing level. We have a tight crew of instructors who, not only are excellent surfers, but amazing instructors. We assess your individual abilities and challenge you just enough to improve your current level, while still making it super fun. We believe surfing is the best sport in the world, and we'd be happy to have you surf with us.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a beginners lesson and had a great experience. Our instructor, Papas, was really patient and helpful. Having a small class (only 4 students) meant that we got lots of personal assistance in the water. We were feeling pretty tired after the instructional portion of the lesson so Papas offered to let us come back another day to make use of our rental time. We came back 2 days later and Papas recognized us immediately and set us up to take advantage of the 1hr rental. Two thumbs up for Lunazul!

All reviews
"next year"
in 14 reviews
"feel comfortable"

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is the best place to get surf lessons! Both of my kids stood up on the first try! The instructor made the experience really fun and educational for the both my children. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I loved my surf lesson with Lunazul. Professional, thorough, fun. My teacher was "Papas" and he was awesome and patient and helpful. By the end of the lesson I was definitely riding waves like a champ! Highly recommend this place for anyone.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Amazing staff and decent equipment at Lunazul right on the beach in front of their shop. In addition to getting my dad up on a board for his 70th birthday, these guys were amazing with my kids and nephews--5 kids between ages 8-12 who'd never surfed and a few days later, I couldn't get them out of the ocean or the surf shop! Kalle, Pappas, and Victor were like family by the time we split town! Great, personable, knowledgeable instructors who made the experience truly amazing. I was the only one in our group with any surfing experience and they had decent boards to rent for the week. They let me switch boards in and out with SUP boards and boogies at any time. Definitely recommend these guys and will be back on next trip to Sayulita..