“Has it all!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jgv2007
Calgary, Canada
“We will NOT be coming back!”
Reviewed December 31, 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

Casa Kestos has passed it’s ‘best before’ date and will undoubtedly leave you with a sour taste. My family (11 of us) rented the entire facility- main house, bungalow and casita over Christmas 2015. We were enchanted by the video and images the property manager provides to sell the location. The reality of the building will leave you profoundly disappointed. The owners of this building trade on the iconic nature of the location and the stunning vistas from its property. Little doubt it is exactly as shown. What is completely misleading is the exhausted condition of almost every aspect of the ‘resort.’

Our break started with the rather distasteful notice that the septic system does not accept toilet paper (ewwwe). We were informed to just place the TP in the trash by the facilities. On our first day we had the unfortunate experience when one of the people in our party suffered a severe electrical shock when he inadvertently touched a light fixture. It was scary. This fixture, upon examination, had numerous broken bulbs and exposed electrical wiring. Afterward when we complained we were told by the site manager, “don’t touch the fixture.” Duh.

The toaster, air conditioning, oven, main toilet bathroom all malfunctioned (thank goodness the blender worked). The outdoor furniture is in desperate need of a refresh. This place is a mess and requires a significant make over for it to be worth the $15k we spent for this prime time. Oh, and how about moving out of the 1970’s and getting a real outdoor BBQ? Don’t plan on grilling on the stone outdoor grill that’s provided- it’s a throw back and not in a happy nostalgic sort of way.

Here’s the context. We’ve been to Mexico many times. We know that things are not like we’re used to in our home in Canada. What is disappointing is the utter misleading nature of the presentation of Casa Kestos.

What I would characterize as the topper was my conversation with the main property manager in North America. When I enumerated our concerns and expressed my disappointed there was a dumbfounding response of, “I don’t own the building and I’m not down there. I’m just the manager.” Well hello! You’re the manager I cut the $15k cheque to.

It was to be the family vacation of a lifetime. Alas, it fell far short of expectations on so many levels.

Oh, one other thing. Watch out for the no-see-um bug infestation. They’ll find you delicious.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
Maureen O
“Has it all!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Four couples spent a luxurious week at Casa Kestos and brought home lifelong memories. Gorgeous beachfront location with a panoramic vista of Sayulita. Enjoyed the infinity pool and relaxing on the patio some days, other days opted for ATV tour of the area, zip-lining, exploring the town and beach combing.

Each couple had a private bedroom bathroom suite with two in the main house and two casitas. Household staff was wonderful. Our hostess/homeowner was helpful and gracious in all ways!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The relaxing beach front patio and pool
Liked least: no wi-fi access
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
TX
Reviewed November 25, 2011 for a stay in November 2011
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers

San Francisco
Reviewed November 12, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing