“Nice elegant restaurant”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amazing tuna
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Nice Restaurant with a nice view to the town square, delicious plates, the most upscale restaurant in the town I think

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went here with a group of friends for a supper. It was really good, their calamari was the best I have ever had. I'm not a huge fan of calamari but my wife is so we ordered it, I was pleasantly suprised! I had a wonderful shrimp dish for $16.00 CDN. The staff was very attentive and accomodating. Beautiful view of the square where all the action is. It is a family friendly restaurant but would also go there as a romantic evening with my wife.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We were drawn in to Calypso by seeing others dining on the patio which over looks the central square of Sayulita.

Unfortunately our dining experience was not as good as the view was. The food was alright but I did experience much tastier elsewhere. There were only a few tables perhaps 3 including ours when we sat down. There must have been 5 waiters on that floor however we had our order taking by one gentleman than another came with food and we never seen the first one again, the buss boy was more attentive to our table then the wait staff. My boyfriend had ordered another Cerveza but unfortunately that never made it to our table.

We were dissapointed when leaving as we only had a few days to enjoy Sayulita and dined at many other places which offered better service and food and feel as though we wasted one of our evenings.

I would not make this place a must do while in Sayulita.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We travel throughout Mexico every year and our visit to Sayulita always includes a visit to Calypso. We have never been disappointed with the quality, quantity, or service. The staff are terrific people who really care about their customers and the atmosphere is second to none in Sayulita. The bartender, Sauve, makes the best margaritas and pina coladas that We have found in town. The menu is varied from seafood, steaks, ribs, and a variety of mexican dishes. Plenty to choose from! Relax and enjoy the view of the plaza and perhaps some music or entertainment from the square. We will always return and recommend! Thanks for the memories!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The view is the only thing to recommend this restaurant. Cold food and cold service. It does have a great view of the square so head up, grab a beer and some chips, enjoy the scenery and head someplace else to eat.

1  Thank ABZ60