All reviews wedding planner la costa in town plunge pool amazing wedding churros beautiful view of the ocean golf cart playa de los muertos paddle boards coffee maker restaurant staff thatched roof air conditioning mobility issues main beach fell in love
Reviewed July 7, 2015

We stayed in Casa Flores at Villa Amor . The casa is a very nice home with setting and wide open views. Appointed in traditional style. Beds are comfy and wading pool is nice extra. Steps up and down to lobby area and food. Service is good. Kind of in personal compared at staying at a boutique establishment.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig M
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2015

fORMAL AND INFORMAL ARE both good,,,but what may have appeared as lack of warmth is not so good...and we don't know why the guest felt this way. We try to find a balance between concern and eagerness to do everything we can for a guest,,,but always remembering our guests want to feel indepebdent and hopefully will come to us with any needs they may have. We hope this guest gives us another chance,,,please tell us whenwe may welcome you back. Thank you for writing the review...Barbara

Reviewed June 25, 2015

This might be one of he priciest places in Sayulita but it is worth it. The view is incomparable, service is top notch, and the villas are great. We had take like 30 stairs though so if you have a problem climbing stairs ask the staff for a villa that doesn't require that.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2015

Thank you,,,and please know: I fully agree with you. We have villas anywhere from ground level to a crows nest at the top of our mountain...and we want to match all guests to their best most comfortable villa. My suggestion is book early,,speak personally with our Reservations staff and select a villa that works best for you and your budget....If you are part of a large group this is even more important.

And yes,,WOW sums it all up...thank you. Barbara

Reviewed June 19, 2015

From the dimly lit Morrocan-like hallways that lead to the villas/suites to the lush surroundings of the hotel grounds, every part of Villa Amor, including the staff was just surreal. I recently visited Villa Amor to attend a friend's wedding. We practically booked the entire hotel and everyone had nothing but positive things to say about their villas, the kindness of the staff, and how convenient everything was in relation to the hotel. A secret and much more secluded beach just past the cemetery behind the hotel was so beautiful. Don't be alarmed by the cemetery, it's very "dia de los muertos" like with candles lit on each tombstone, lighting up the neighborhood. We walked through at night as a large group and swam in the warm ocean, lit by sparkles in the water.

I would return in a heart beat.

Room tip: want a private mini swimming pool? book one of the villas that offers one!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Tiffany Y
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2015

Thank you so much for taking time to review us....these reviews help us to keep up with what may be needed or even changed at Villa Amor. Your praise makes us feel good....as we truly try hard to make sure every guest has a lovely experience. We hiooe you can plan a return visit to us...Thank you, Barbara

Reviewed June 15, 2015 via mobile

Villa Amor is located in a sweet town called Sayulita. It's located 45 minutes from the airport and has enough commercialism to keep the gringos happy, but still natural to keep the rustic feel of Mexico. Tip 1 - rent a golf cart (especially if you're lazy like me). Tip 2 - don't put too many people in your cart or you will get in trouble. There are many different villas on the premises and we had rented a lot of them. My sister had a wedding on site and most of the wedding party stayed there. A few had rented houses nearby but it was so much fun to be able to walk to our friends' rooms. We had a few of the villas up at top - Gran Villa, Villa Paraiso and Villa Olisa - so the golf carts were a nice alternative to the 1400 steps down/up. Everything is centrally located and close by so again, not necessary but such a plus and fun to drive.

All of the staff were amazing. From the drivers, to the cleaning staff, to the security, to the wedding coordinator. They were all so kind and helpful and accommodating. If we needed anything, they were always quick and responsive. They are all very professional and you feel pampered throughout your stay. Even after we left and had forgotten items, they were very helpful to retrieve my items and follow up with me - repeatedly!

Tip 3 - before you book your room, check if your room has air conditioning and the temperature that it will be when you are there. Villa Paraiso does not have air conditioning and some of the rooms are open air. It's a gorgeous villa but I need air conditioning and not find of insects so I ended up staying in another villa.

Villa Paraiso is gorgeous!!! It's a 5 bedroom suite with an open space in the middle that we ended up using for my sister's reception. My sister was getting married closer to the ocean by the restaurant terrace and having the reception at Gran Villa. Due to the rain and poor planning on our part (we lost the last tent to another party in about two minutes), we ended up moving the wedding up to the Gran Villa. It was amazing. The staff set up everything in the quickest time and everything looked gorgeous!

The food was served buffet style. Usually, when food is served buffet style, you would expect dry or tasteless food. But - everything was fresh, hot and delicious and I was the last one who got a plate. For dessert, my sister got Churros and paletas or fruit Popsicles. Oh my goodness - these were the best darn Churros I have ever had in my life and I live in Los Angeles and I have Churros all the time! The paletas were to die for.

I don't want to give everything away but having a wedding there was definitely affordable and if I could it myself again, this would have been a better option!

Tip 4 - for the gringos - try breakfast at Cafe Sayulita in town. The banana smoothies are soooo good and the price for breakfast is about $5.

Tip 5, 6, and 7 - Burrito Revolution, Choco Banana and the ceviche places around the corner of BR are the bomb!!!

Tip 8 - we were told to use a card and not being cash by other travelers. Go to your bank or exchange at the airport. Pay for everything in pesos. The exchange rate in town is $13.80 vs $15 at the U.S. bank. We should have just brought a ton of pesos even though they have atms and exchange places everywhere. Save yourself some money and just bring a ton of large bills and then just break it into small bills when you get into town.

Tip 9 - order shuttle and pay for round trip fare which is cheaper from the concierge at Villa Amor.

We loved our trip and had a great time. The grounds are gorgeous and the staff is amazing. 10/10

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank luvl16
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2015

The title of your review brought a quick grin to my face,,,Yes. Villa Amor is all about ámor'...and we are so glad you were part of it. Your review is so complete,,,and accurate and all inclusive...it leaves me very little room to say more...Thank you for taking the time to write it...and wish your family true happiness in their life together. It was our pleasure to host the wedding.,..in between rain drops ....and Yes,,,Karen, our event planner is superb fnro fortunately rose above the challenges of the rain. Thank you again,,,Barbara

Reviewed June 10, 2015

My family, friends, and bridal party all stayed at the Villa Amor for my wedding earlier this month. I chose this location because of its close proximity to the wedding venue and I'm so glad I did. What sets these villas apart from other hotels in the area is the view and beautiful grounds. We ended up taking a majority of our bridal photos on site because the grounds and beach are so stunning. Each room had so much character. The staff was so helpful and accommodating! One last thing is the accessible wifi. Normally I don't care if I can't get it, but since we had 50+ people in Mexico for our wedding, being able to communicate on wifi was VERY important. You get wifi from every room and all around the grounds.Thanks for a wonderful experience, Villa Amor.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ric824
VillaAmorMngmnt, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review...because of generous guests like you hotels that put in the effort to please can be recognized for their effort and attract additional guests. Most often Villa Amor is the site for the wedding and celebrations, but in your case your party was in a neighboring palapa and your guests stayed with us. This is less usual...but totally a great way for us to show off to you and your guests. Our villas (not rooms) are all wonderful,,,all of different sizes and price levels...but all with wide open ocean views. I am glad you chose us for your hotel...and look forward to seeing you back with us again. Barbara