“Bonita Room Comparison to Others”
Review of Villa Amor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Villa Amor
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sayulita
Lafayette, Colorado
“Bonita Room Comparison to Others”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

First of all, I would like to say that Villa Amor is a breathtaking property and was a great place for my first Sayulita experience. Staff was pleasant, property was lovely, safe and clean. My boyfriend and I stayed in the Bonita suite. We traveled with 3 other couples who also stayed at Villa Amor in their own rooms, the Delfin, the Peninsula and another.

This is where I am a little disappointed. The rate we paid for Bonita was $320 per night. All of the other groups paid $120-220. Did Bonita have the best views? Absolutely. However, our friends who stayed in Peninsula, and were located directly below us had a similar view. Almost identical.

These condo units are owned by Private owners. I am sure they contribute to the price of the rate. The owner of Bonita took me for a ride. It was a lovely one, but very overpriced. Additionally we were told that the safes in the Bonita room were for the owner's use only. This made us a little uneasy, as the others all had access to a safe. Villa Amor offered to keep any of our belongings at the desk, but in my mind it kind of defeats the purpose.

My word of advice - stay in the Peninsula. You will still have A/C, be able to "close" the room from the outside living area and have a spectacular view. You will even have fewer steps to climb (which there are many).

Last thing - leave all high heels and wedges at home ladies. You will NOT want to be wearing these for the walk to town. Also if traveling around this time of year, bring a jacket for night time.

Room Tip: Definitely worth getting a room with ocean view. Keep in mind that there are A LOT of hills and step...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jbangert
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hello,,,The actual owner of this villa has been trying to respond to you but has not been able to thru his email. I will forward you his contact info. under other cover. First,,,it may seem strange,,,but what you refer to as a slightly better ocean view is in fact a huge difference when valuing the price of an individual villa. Bonita is at the end of a building,,,with probably 270 degrees of wide open ocean vista.....the glorious view in Peninsula,,,a fabulous wide open ocean view is reduced to about 180 degrees as the view is entirely one side. I know this is cutting hairs,,,but when it comes to views,,,like qyuality of snow at a ski resort a little makes a big difference. Truth be told I am sorry you were less than thrilled...and I know the owner of the villa is too. Lets figure out what we can do to make you come back to us,,,and be happier next time. Let me know!!!! Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We recently stayed in the La Paz unit. It is an absolutely beautiful, open-air design, two bedroom, two and a half bath unit with a palapa covered kitchen and living room and a private swimming pool. The linens were extraordinarily clean and soft. Even the soap was wonderful. Nothing, however, can compete with the view over Sayulita or the sound of the surf crashing below as you drop off to sleep. Please do, however, ask about the stairs before you book. There are 107 rather steep steps to get to this unit. Even our young nephew found it difficult to go up and down more than a couple times a day. They do have other units without the climb, but of course, then the view will not be as magnificent. Also, the pool is not heated, and since it is well shaded, the water was quite chilly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WWW8
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've now been to Sayulita three times, and stayed at Villa Amor every time. It's offset from the main beach drag and in town, which is nice. Each Villa is carefully decorated with humor and taste - I stayed in Cinema with amazing old movie posters. The views are great, the staff is friendly and accommodating. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Napa, California
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is one of the most beautiful locations in Sayulita. Our room, Villa Linda, was so perfect it is difficult to describe. The management and staff are attentive and so cordial, meeting every need of ours. This is a definite destination....

1 Thank Heather S
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We really enjoyed staying in Sayulita, we enjoyed the location on the beach. We had a wonderful time and would stay again. We went to many great restaurants and a bars and really got some nice sleep at Amor. The staff was excellent and the we were next to the Los Muertos beach which we loved because there were no vendors bothering us. We also took a boat tour on the Chica Locca which we really loved. Overall our trip to Sayulita was Fantastic. Thank you Villa Amor

Room Tip: Ocen Front room are the best
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
...and thank you for taking the time to review Villa Amor. I am happy you enjoyed the activity in town,,,Chica Loca is one of the best!!!! I agree with you reg. the restaurant choices in this little town: it isquite amazing how much is offered,,,in all price ranges and alot of it very, very good. Pls come back to Sayulita and hope you stay withus again. Barbara
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a really great time in Sayulita and wanted to write an honest review -

The reviews for hotels in town all said how loud it was all night so we chose Villa Amor because it's about a 5 minute walk into town & figured it would be quiet. It was. No noise problem at all & it was a nice walk. Previous reviews said to bring a flash light - we did. We actually got a headlamp that my husband jokingly wore at night when we walked back. It's a little dirt road right along the beach that's not really lit up & we always felt safe.

Check in was a breeze - the people here are very very sweet but a few things take a little getting used.

We stayed in Villa "Del Mar" - I finally got it down that it takes around 5 minutes for shower water to warm . Also, the air conditioning unit is directly over the bed & it's hot here so you have to run it so that took a little getting used to and here's a warning to couples ... the bathroom area is wide open - no walls or doors in any area & by that I mean the commode area is wide open.

I would recommend the Serenata villa over the Del Mar - I think it's the same price & much nicer (my opinion)

Views are Amazing & relaxing. They bring fresh water daily to your room. Had Coffee everyday out on the patio for Sunrise. Also, it's true the walk is up a hill but we loved it after eating out so much & we were in no hurry for anything. Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner area is beautiful. We were relaxing in the lounge chairs so they brought our breakfast there while we messed around on our Ipads (Villa Amor comes with free Wifi) yummy breakfast.

Sayulita is a great little, relaxing town where everyone seems to hang out on the beach having fun & then meeting their friends in town. Many Americans & Canadians. We loved it & will be back staying at Villa Amor.

If I could make a suggestion to Villa Amor - for the price of the room ($260 a night) it would be nice to have a paper towel roll or napkins in the kitchen and the sponge they had to wash our dishes was used. At other resorts I've stayed at that have kitchens - the sponge is always still wrapped in plastic - this one here was used so I refused to touch it - Just a little suggestion that would probably cost around $1 to do. Hope this helps !

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TDChick
VillaAmorMngmnt, Owner of VillaAmor Hotel management at Villa Amor, responded to this review, May 13, 2015
Hello, Our reservations desk is trying to identify who this guest was,,,and determine which room they might have occupied because we do not identify them by the reviewers name,,,,not do we have any record of any such incident on the dates immediately before this review was posted. If an incident such s this were reported to us we would have bent over backwards to assist the guest and found a way to make amends quickly.

Within the physical area known as Villa Amor there are 3 different management companies: we are Villa Amor. There are two others renting a few rooms each who are not affiliated with us at all. I have written to the writer asking for help in identifying them,,,but without that information I can only assume this guest had he unfortunate experience of not being with Villa Amor Hotel.

When this confusion happens Trip Advisor is most often quickly able to remove the review from our page but until we can ascertain where this guest was there is nothing we can do abut this review at the present time. Naturally it is unfortunate any guest had a bad experience anywhere in the world,,,but until we know where this guest slept Villa Amor remains unguilty.

The other two management companies do NOT have a TripAdvisor page. One of them plays on our trademarked name, but adds the word Boutique and the the other simply rents privately owned villas without any identifying brand ne. We advise propective guests to be cautious when booking and make sure they are with Villa Amor HOtel only. Use a phone and call our always on call desk to verify/ Ask or me to make sure! Barbara .
Oklahoma City
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Location makes you feel like your part of a Pacifico Beer comercial. Absolutely a delicious view and very nice accomodations. Watched surfers from sun up to sun down and made the easy trip into the finest cafes. Golf carts are available and needed if it rains.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayulita
Amor Boutique Hotel
Hotelito Los Suenos
Hotelito Los Suenos
#1 of 23 in Sayulita
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

Been to Villa Amor? Share your experiences!