“The Best of Sayulita - Travel Agent Review”
Review of Villa Amor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Villa Amor
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sayulita
St. Helena, California
“The Best of Sayulita - Travel Agent Review”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Cannot beat the water views and lovely refined Mexican interiors. A lovely resort for weddings, honeymoons, reunions and more. Perfect setting, walk up the dirt road to the town beach or to Los Muertos beach (my favorite) and enjoy this whole village.
This resort is vertical and those with any walking issues should look elsewhere in town. There are
many other choices. But this is #1 in my book, rooms, suites and apartments, 33 in all with different names, not numbers. Lots of surprise details taken into account, and a lovely outdoor restaurant that doesn't get more romantic!!!!!
Lovely time......
Suzan
St. Helena Travel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SuzanRada
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello,,,Sorry I did not meet you when you were here,,,no0t sure why,,,it just did not happen. Thank you for taking time to add your lovely professional review...it is absolutely appreciated by us.

YOu are correct to point out to potential guests that many of our villas and suites require stair climbing,,,but many do not. On the ground floor,,,with great ocean views,,but on the driveway there are 3 lovely airconditioned rooms,,,very reasonably priced,,,in fact the least costly in all Villa amor. There are also several villas with very few stairs...costa, Linda, Oceana, Hermosas to mention a few. Our r3eservation people are always willing and eager to help a guest select the best room for them....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Garden City, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The accommodations, staff, food, surroundings and absolute natural beauty surrounding this place were all amazing and beyond description. Every villa I saw was exceptional, the views, spectacular, the local village, warm, inviting and filled with tons to see.

Room Tip: Depending upon your needs, ther is a villa for everyone. I was on my own and had a villa in the rou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank J C
Yelapa, Mexico
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My favorite part of the hotel is the little patio, very private, on a little cove. It is the nicest place to go by far in all of Salulita for an evening coctail or lunch. This is a pretty large hotel and it is not cheap, but the location and sweets are worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LindaandIris
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello,,,We are so happy you found your little piece of happiness in the patio...which juts out into the ocean. There is no better place in all of Sayulitqa to relax,,stare at the pelicans , have a drink or meal...or just sit!!!!!

Another great place to sit and relax is the sandy area abgove the large fountain at the lower kissing garden......hardly anyone ever sits there,,,maybe the ocean grabs us all,,,but it is also a spot for pure relaxastion!!! and the close by hammocks are good too!!!!!

Hope to see you again. Barbara
Vinton, Iowa
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family went to Sayulita, Mexico on a vacation, worried as all your hear are negative things. But it was the most relaxing vacation ever, from the hotel, Villa Amor, to the small town residents, to the beautiful mountain sides. The Villa Amor offers you a breathtaking view of the ocean, a delicious restaurant on site, beach right below, and walking distance to anywhere in town you want to go. The staff at Villa Amor is very curteous, kind and provided us with any help we needed. We can't wait to go back. When we asked our children where did you like better Hawaii or Villa Amor, they chose Villa Amor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ksing65
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
THANK YOU.....We are extremely happy you and family had such a wonderful time. Please come back to our wonderful town and stay with us again....Barbara
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Villa Amor became my home after the first night...the staff were very welcoming and friendly. food from the restaurant is excellent, beautiful view of the ocean. This hotel provided all the comfort and hospitality I needed for my stay in Sayulita and it was very difficult to leave but I will be back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you,,,we appreciate the part we played in helping you to enjoy this time with us,,,please return. Barbara
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I first came to Villa Amor in April 2013 for a week of sand and surf - it's now almost August and I'm still here! I fell in love with the place the night I arrived. Not only was my room immaculately decorated with every attention to detail met, the staff made it feel like home. Every villa reflects a different style and charm and are met with incredible views of the Pacific Ocean. Falling asleep to the sound of surf, I often leave the verandah doors open, knowing it's a safe haven.

The location is perfect, set South of the town. Close for walking purposes, but far enough away to be quiet.

Barbara and Jack add a special quality to this place that makes it feel like home.

I highly recommend Villa Amor and all it has to offer!

J. Fisher

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you...seems you ahd the time we hope you did!!!!!! We look forward to hosting you again soon...Barbara
Bonita, California
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I love this place! A friend and I were on a painting trip, when we happened upon Villa Amor 16 years ago. At that time it was still being constructed. The lower units were already completed and every time I came back after that, it was better and nicer. The hotel has grown, but the staff is as competent and friendly as always and since the new administration took over a couple of years ago, there is meticulous attention to detail and cleanliness. I have been in many of the villas, each one is different and all of them have charming character. Nowadays, my family and I always stay at "Romantica", which has a fabulous 180 degree ocean view, lots of art and style and bohemian chic. Have not been in a while, need to plan my next visit!

Room Tip: Villas closer to the street level require less stair-climbing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ilse T
brfnycsay, General Manager at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Yes Ilse and family...IT HAS been too long! I know one of your favorite things about Villa amor is the undisturbed whenever possible flavor of jungle and sea...Please come soon to see how the bougabilla has taken over the entrance,,,mixing with the yellow roses.....all too beautiful.....you must come see.

And your favorite fisherman is still here most dfays,,,bringing back fresh fish to the town...and us lucky folks who manage to snare one or two from him each day for our dinners.