“The perfect setting. It is truly a serene romantic place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Amor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Villa Amor
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sayulita
Yelapa, Mexico
“The perfect setting. It is truly a serene romantic place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My favorite part of the hotel is the little patio, very private, on a little cove. It is the nicest place to go by far in all of Salulita for an evening coctail or lunch. This is a pretty large hotel and it is not cheap, but the location and sweets are worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LindaandIris
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello,,,We are so happy you found your little piece of happiness in the patio...which juts out into the ocean. There is no better place in all of Sayulitqa to relax,,stare at the pelicans , have a drink or meal...or just sit!!!!!

Another great place to sit and relax is the sandy area abgove the large fountain at the lower kissing garden......hardly anyone ever sits there,,,maybe the ocean grabs us all,,,but it is also a spot for pure relaxastion!!! and the close by hammocks are good too!!!!!

Hope to see you again. Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Vinton, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family went to Sayulita, Mexico on a vacation, worried as all your hear are negative things. But it was the most relaxing vacation ever, from the hotel, Villa Amor, to the small town residents, to the beautiful mountain sides. The Villa Amor offers you a breathtaking view of the ocean, a delicious restaurant on site, beach right below, and walking distance to anywhere in town you want to go. The staff at Villa Amor is very curteous, kind and provided us with any help we needed. We can't wait to go back. When we asked our children where did you like better Hawaii or Villa Amor, they chose Villa Amor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ksing65
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
THANK YOU.....We are extremely happy you and family had such a wonderful time. Please come back to our wonderful town and stay with us again....Barbara
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Villa Amor became my home after the first night...the staff were very welcoming and friendly. food from the restaurant is excellent, beautiful view of the ocean. This hotel provided all the comfort and hospitality I needed for my stay in Sayulita and it was very difficult to leave but I will be back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you,,,we appreciate the part we played in helping you to enjoy this time with us,,,please return. Barbara
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I first came to Villa Amor in April 2013 for a week of sand and surf - it's now almost August and I'm still here! I fell in love with the place the night I arrived. Not only was my room immaculately decorated with every attention to detail met, the staff made it feel like home. Every villa reflects a different style and charm and are met with incredible views of the Pacific Ocean. Falling asleep to the sound of surf, I often leave the verandah doors open, knowing it's a safe haven.

The location is perfect, set South of the town. Close for walking purposes, but far enough away to be quiet.

Barbara and Jack add a special quality to this place that makes it feel like home.

I highly recommend Villa Amor and all it has to offer!

J. Fisher

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you...seems you ahd the time we hope you did!!!!!! We look forward to hosting you again soon...Barbara
Bonita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I love this place! A friend and I were on a painting trip, when we happened upon Villa Amor 16 years ago. At that time it was still being constructed. The lower units were already completed and every time I came back after that, it was better and nicer. The hotel has grown, but the staff is as competent and friendly as always and since the new administration took over a couple of years ago, there is meticulous attention to detail and cleanliness. I have been in many of the villas, each one is different and all of them have charming character. Nowadays, my family and I always stay at "Romantica", which has a fabulous 180 degree ocean view, lots of art and style and bohemian chic. Have not been in a while, need to plan my next visit!

Room Tip: Villas closer to the street level require less stair-climbing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ilse T
brfnycsay, General Manager at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Yes Ilse and family...IT HAS been too long! I know one of your favorite things about Villa amor is the undisturbed whenever possible flavor of jungle and sea...Please come soon to see how the bougabilla has taken over the entrance,,,mixing with the yellow roses.....all too beautiful.....you must come see.

And your favorite fisherman is still here most dfays,,,bringing back fresh fish to the town...and us lucky folks who manage to snare one or two from him each day for our dinners.
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is not a fancy hotel but the staff is nice although a little unavailable at times.. the great part of staying here is how gorgeous it is..Sort of like living outside but having shelter. Walk half a block to the beach, walk to town, sleep to the melody of waves... just chill out!!

But don't forget your bug spray!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Madame36
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Madame 36!!!!!

You 'get' what Villa amor is!!!!!! a super super lush jungle group of lovely open to nature villas adjacent to the beach, the water,,,and the funnest little Mexican town left......since most have been gobbled up by huge hotelw with huge gates!!!!! Come to Sayulita.....and sleep with us.

Congratulations to you!!!! Barbara
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

What can I say about this place, but it was the most beautiful experience I could of asked for a weekend of friends, family and loved ones. This was the destination our friends G & C asked us to stay at for their destination wedding. Even though I am a traveler that likes to be engulfed into it's locals, I have to say, this was well worth the extra dollars I spent to receive very well service and get to enjoy different Villa's and abode's my friends were staying at. The rooms were very clean and well kept and each one had their own experience / character to it. It is such a beautiful place and I am so thankful that I got to experience such gratitude.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank youfor taking the time to write this review,,,it makes us very happpy to know we have pleased you...I hope to see you back here in the future. I am curious,,,what was less than good regarding your quality of sleep? all the matttresses are new or almost new,,,,what was less than what you wanted? WE need to know so we can improve for the next guest....Thank you. Barbara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayulita
Amor Boutique Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,711 reviews
Hotel Kupuri
Hotel Kupuri
#3 of 20 in Sayulita

Been to Villa Amor? Share your experiences!