“Dream location, magnificent vacation in the Gran Villa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Amor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Villa Amor
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sayulita
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Dream location, magnificent vacation in the Gran Villa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed in the Gran Villa/Villa Paraiso at Villa Amor. It was a truly magnificent villa with views of the bay, a full kitchen, family room, pool and wide deck. The villa has an open design and beautifully appointed rooms. We enjoyed the villa so much with our friends, we barely ever went out. The hotel staff were wonderful too. They made us delicious private meals and took care of cocktails and h'ordeuvres -- we felt like the rich and famous.

Room Tip: Book the Gran Villa.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Denise S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

My family and I stayed in a suite called Escondido from April 16th-23rd. It had all the the Mexican charm you can imagine: marble floors, high ceiling, clay walls, an outdoor (yet totally secluded) kitchen, even its own pool. This was the best room I ever stayed in my life! We were right on the beach, just a short walk from downtown. It is also of note that Villa Amor is architecturally one of the most unique and gorgeous hotels I've ever seen. Every room is completely original. The staff was amazing and the restaurant was spectacular! We had checked out a few other places online before settling on Villa Amor, and I can say with 100% certainty that we made the right choice! We are looking forward to returning this February.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DANNY K
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed at Villa Amor in January, and had a wonderful time. The staff was warm and helpful. We were close to the swimming beach and the surfing scene, as well as a less than 5 minute walk to the center of town. We had a charming suite with a kitchen and view. It was quiet and provided a much needed rest from the Northeast winter.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brenda c
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Upon arrival to our destination we instantly felt we had entered paradise! Villa Amor is spectacular! Beautiful. Manicured. Spacious. Unique! The staff was meticulous & courteous. The grounds blew us away! Imagine living INSIDE exquisite nature. We took our 4yo son with us who had the time of his life. The hammocks under the banana trees at V.A. were unforgettable, RELAXING moments with him. He LOVED waking up with the sun & venturing to they amazing beach right in front of us! We considered staying outside of town in a small exclusive hotel nearby but we're so happy we chose V.A., right on edge of the village. Highly recommend Villa Amor. You will undoubtedly have an awesome time there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Room Tip: all units are spectacular.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JENNIFER7413
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Villa Amor is most appropriately named....I loved my stay there. The staff: most professional, relaxed, cheerful, and helpful in all regards. Words don't do justice to describe the beauty of the grounds which grace the pleasant hillside leading to the shore of the Pacific. I stayed in "Tesoro", and it was perfect for me. The room opens to the environ of a special bay. Each day I walked into town for shopping, eating, or just to see the village and its people. I swam daily at the edge of the bay, just steps away from my room. The "O" restaurant was excellent! You must try their prawns. The maid service kept my room spotless, and I am a bit of a neat freak (picky). I was sorry to have to come back to the states....when I left I felt like I was leaving family, even some of the staff gave me hugs good-by.

I can go on, but I do feel that a picture can say much more, so am adding some of my favorites.

Hope to be back in November.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I went with a group of friends to stay in La Gran Villa and Villa Paraiso at Villa Amor. We stayed upstairs in Villa Paraiso in one of the end bedroom suites with its own bath. The daytime view was spectacular; no picture, no video can give you the feeling you get when lying on the white sheets of your bed a few feet from a view of the world. The room was shaded under the huge thatched palapa roof, we looked out on perfect horseshoe of sand, colorful surfers riding gentle waves, and pelicans flying by in formation. Pure tranquility.

We went into Sayulita for dinner at Sayulita Café one night, but the rest of the time we ate at Villa Amor. One night we dined by the water at Restaurant O. The other nights we had a private chef come up to Gran Villa to make us meals. We bought a big snapper on the beach, which had just been caught, right in front of the villa. Our chef cleaned it and then whipped up the tastiest fish dish I’ve ever tasted. We also enjoyed amazing margaritas every afternoon, served with a smile by our friendly bartender named Jose. Wish we had Jose with us at home! Still not sure if it was the view or Jose that made the margaritas the best on the planet.

I know many Americans have some level of apprehension about traveling to Mexico these days. My mom has said she will never go again. But she has never seen Sayulita and I hope desperately that one day I can share the view with her. I know that once she sees the friendly people and the unexplainable views that she too will want to return as often as she can. I know she will enjoy the accommodating restaurants and friendly town atmosphere. And I certainly appreciated the town vendors walking up and down the beach selling jewelry, beach cover ups, fresh fruit, etc. but all we had to say was “no gracias,” they went on their way.

La Gran Villa and Villa Paraiso together can accommodate 12 adults very comfortably and up to 16 in a pinch. It was the perfect place for our group outing. I hope to attend a yoga retreat and I’m planning go back there again on a ladies’ weekend sometime this winter! Can't wait!!

Room Tip: I loved each unique room. I would prefer one with it's own bathroom attached.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Irenehurri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayulita
Amor Boutique Hotel
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,627 reviews

Been to Villa Amor? Share your experiences!