“Chocobanana lives up to its reputation!”
Review of ChocoBanana

ChocoBanana
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Sayulita
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Choco Banana is right in the town center...I'm a bit of a Huevos Rancheros nut and it's interesting how differently different places prepare it. Choco Banana, has the best Huevos Rancheros I've had since I've been down here...and the best I've had in a long time anywhere!
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place was recommended to by someone on a forum I participate in online, and I tell you what... He was right! Probably the best advice I received on Sayulita! The food was fresh and tasted great, and the bananas were to die for!

The one thing I will say though is I just wish the staff was slightly more attentive. I had to ask for my bill 3 times, and wait about 20 minutes to get it. We didn't mind waiting since the bar style seating was a great place to people watch, but still...

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Best breakfast in town, right on the plaza with quick and courteous service. Great way to start the day. Good way for North American to ease into their Sayulita stay, a continental breakfast selection with Mexican flare and accouterments. And the best muffins in town.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had a party of 11 and miraculously the bill came to an even 1200 pesos. They didn't itemize.. There were 4 kids who ordered off the kids menu and since I am finance geek, I knew they were ripping us off. My friend was paying and he didn't want to be bothered.

Next morning, just with my family, we got a another bill for 490 pesos without being itemized. I sent it back. It was 323 pesos.

The food is good so that is why we keep going back. The waiters are a tad arrogant as well so it is a small irritation.

I have heard there is new ownership. They should watch the staff because if you get a few more like this, you'll lose some business.

tracie w, Owner at ChocoBanana, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

iam so sorry for this experience happening to you at chocobanana, iam looking into it, any chance you could be more percise on the waiter? This would help me considerably.....ive always complemented myself on my staff, so as you can imagine im very upset about this.....if you are in sayulita still. Please come by thursday so i may help you have an enjoyable time with us again....once again my sincere apologys.... Tracie willis. (Owner)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not only does Chocobananas serve up great coffee and breakfast, the name sake Banana's are not to be missed.
Choose your toppings, I get them all on one banana, They are a local must.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I regret bringing back only two bags but it was all I could fit in my luggage. They roast and grind their own organically grown coffee and it is delicious. This is a popular place so it can be tough to grab a seat. I've never had a bad meal there and the service is excellent. The chocobananas are a great treat after a day at the beach. There are local Huichol artisans set up between the resto and the plaza selling beautiful indigenous handicrafts such as beadwork.