“Pineapple shrimp... 'nough said. ”

Leyza Restaurant Bar
Ranked #129 of 160 Restaurants in Sayulita
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Sounds horrific, actually quite delicious and apparently patented. We visited this spot on our first night in Sayulita because we were tired, hungry and the 'maître'd - Jorge' was super pleasant and although insistent (aka doing his job) quite correct about what we ordered. The coconut margs were delicious on a hot night and the before mentioned pineapple shrimp tasty. Perhaps a hit and miss place, but they took good care of us.

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We were tired and hungry (possibly desperate with kids and teens in tow). Got wrangled in off the street and liked the idea of the outdoor patio...food was bad, drinks were bad and a few of us paid for it all dearly the next day. My rule for the rest of the trip was to follow the reviews on trip advisor! We should have known from past reviews...won't make this mistake again!!!

1  Thank BabsUW
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I normally don't take the time to write reviews as I can pretty much make the best of any situation. We ate a late dinner at Leyza one day and it was alright. Nothing special but nothing terrible. We went back to sit on the upper level a couple days later. I ordered an Empinada (sorry if I spelled it wrong) and waited 45 mins. 2 very large pina colodas later it still hadn't arrived. When my boyfriend asked about whether or not it was coming there was no apology for it taking so long. We ended up leaving after an hour of waiting for one single plate. Also service was terrible. Very slow and did not care if you were waiting for drinks (we only had 2 drinks in an hour and both sat empty for a very long time). Not worth the wait!!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

i remember that i wrote a sharp review of this place sometime ago, but to be fair, i have to change it. since i understand the dynamic of some waiters in Mexico that without the permission of the management, take advantage of poor and suffering tourists that won't check their bills or take the time to ask for a reposition and instead they blast good inexpensive places like this one with their bitter reviews that nothing have to do with the quality of the food. so, after seeing all this bitter reviews i decided to pay them a visit and experience it for myself. And this is what i got.

Drinks are very good but sometimes expensive. Stick to beer then. Asked for a glass of water, and they happily gave it to me free of charge. i got the ceviche and it was delicious! fresh and tasty and big! i had the chile relleno, and fellows, the same story, food was very good. the service was very good too and they gave me chips and salsa to start and also free of charge!

i think that you should give this restaurant a try, of course like many restaurants around the world, some dishes are worthy to mention or try, like the ceviche, the rellenos and also i am fond of the chicken huaraches and the chicken tostadas, and others, i have to say, don't eat them! like the stuffed pineapple. IMHO

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I popped in on my own because it looked like a cool place so I went ahead and grabbed a table. I knew I was probably in trouble when I saw some people being escorted in by one of the street hustlers. At that point, just getting a lime for my beer took 3 request and when the food came it was OK at best. When I asked for salsa, they brought me a jar that might of had a tenth of an ounce of sauce in it. Then I saw another table telling the same waiter I had they were waiting for their food when the waiter told them they never order. Of course they were very certain they had indeed placed an order at least twenty minutes prior. The final insult for me was when as I was finishing my second beer another one of the street guys asked me to move to another table so they could sit another group. The sad thing is this place will probably stick around because it's in a high traffic location and there are plenty of people who will keep falling for the street hustlers who won't bother reading these restaurant review sites.