“Clean, safe and friendly”
Review of Paraiso Yoga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Paraiso Yoga
Calgary, Canada
“Clean, safe and friendly”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed at Paraiso Yoga for a week. I stayed in one of the detached bungalows and in one of the two bed units. It's not fancy but it more than suited my needs. The rooms were clean and the open courtyard was a great place to relax and meet other guests. Nara was a great host.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Nice courtyard and we had a good teacher. Location is east to get to.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We really enjoyed the yoga classes at Paraiso Yoga! Everyone who stayed there and the owner Nara were all super nice and the room was cleaned daily. I wished that the bathroom and shower room could be connected to the bungalows. But overall, we were very happy with our stay at Paraiso Yoga!

Room Tip: You may hear roosters very clearly starting from around 4:30am every morning if that might be a prob...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed January 21, 2012

While attending a Surf Camp through WildMex I stayed at one of the bungalows at Paraiso Yoga. The bungalows are set in a secure (locked gate) tropical garden setting. I had my own designated toilet and shower and there is a wonderful shared kitchen and dining area. Paraiso is just a short walk over the bridge to the vibrant town of Sayulita. Each day the garden/courtyard is swept and your room cleaned and bed made by Marisela. As you would expect from the name there is a yoga studio, which is set on the roof of a small apartment. In addition there is a well appointed massage/spa room. Paraiso Yoga is the product and vision of the charming Nara, from Buenos Aires.
Have fun.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Berkeley, California
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We loved staying here. Our room was a free-standing bungalow with private toilet and shower 5 meters from the bedroom door, and there's a common area with a kitchen, tables, a couch and a hammock. The pre-holiday price was very affordable. Nara is a wonderful host! She was extremely responsive to anything we needed. And she even offered us the 8th night free. We took a couple of the yoga classes, and it was a great experience. The real plus of Paraiso is that it's your own personal paradise, within a couple minutes walk of central Sayulita. Of course, every place in Sayulita is within a couple minutes walk of everywhere else, but we felt like we were removed from the commotion, safe and snug in our room. If I could change one thing, I would wish for fewer mosquitoes. Thankfully, the bed did have mosquito netting to keep the little buggers out.

Moral of the story: you don't have to be a yoga fanatic to stay at a yoga studio, and I wholeheartedly recommend that you do.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I did not stay at in the pristine looking bungalows offered at Paraiso; but I did experience the clam and peaceful setting provided by the lush tropical gardens and the second story open air palapa yoga studio. With daily classes at an affordable rate, the high level of teaching, and the beautiful ambiance, a class at Paraiso was the perfect compliment to my stay in Sayulita. And everyone was so nice!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2011

After spending a week in Puerto Vallarta at a 4 star resort, I was looking for some peace and tranquility, combined with Yoga and Surfing, and found it at Paraiso Yoga. The rooms are very clean and the gardens are fantastic, including Banana trees which were producing very sweet and good Bananas. The vibe at Paraiso Yoga is peaceful, it is far enough from the plaza to be quiet, yet close enough to walk to downtown for a cup of coffee, the beach and great food. The rooms are basic but complete with everything you need. The bed was Very comfortable, I have back issues and never woke up with a sore back as I do at home.

The only improvement would be air conditioning since it was quiet hot and humid when I was there. A fan was in the room and helped, but having come form a 4 star resort it was a big change. During the high season a fan would probably be sufficient and I do not consider the lack of air conditioning a deal breaker even during the low season since the rest of the place was so great.

Nara is a great Yoga instructor and I highly recommend her.

So for an economical and peaceful place to stay I highly recommend Paraiso Yoga.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo