“Best tacos in town, and then some”
Review of EL ITACATE

EL ITACATE
Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in Sayulita
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Los tacos mas chicos de Sayulita!!
Reviewed January 21, 2013

After walking out of Sayulita Cafe due to poor service and lousy drinks, we landed here, with help from the local photographer, Beth Berman. What a find. The 8 of us had at least one of everything, and then started reordering and sharing. Fresh ingredients prepared just right with lots of seasoning options made this a go-back-to place. Late lunch through evening, this is the taco joint of choice.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Wonderful service, great prices and best mahi mahi, shrimp and pork tacos. The hibiscus (jamaica) quesadilla was delish.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I don't throw these kind of comments around. But.... This place is awesome. The arrachera tacos are the best. Take the time to check this place out!!

1  Thank surfland_boulder
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We had a bunch of tacos of different kinds, and they were all delicious, as were the various sauces that were brought to our table. They also gave us little foil packets with delicious cooked onions, a wonderful complement to the tacos. We did discover El Itacate until two days before we had to leave Sayulita. We tried to go back the next day because I had a strong craving for their pollo con rajas tacos, but they were closed (because of a memorial event being held next door). When we return to Sayulita, we will definitely return to El Itacate as well.

Tacos don't get any better, so get yourselves to El Itacate!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I are currently here in Sayulita and we decided to try El Itacate. This is definately one of the best places for taco's and at the most resonable prices. The restaurant is basically on the street and only 2 or 3 table to sit at, but consider yourself lucky to get a seat. There is nothing fancy about this place and you may just want to pass it by, but I really urge you to stop and eat. Actually I was not going to post this until I left for fear that to many people will try it and I will no longer get a seat. The meats and fish are all cooked on the BBQ grill and the taco sauces are to die for! 2 taco's is plenty. Enjoy!!!