All reviews yoga studio secret garden vaulted brick ceilings big fridge two blocks beach gear a wonderful place to stay the wi fi nice stay very nice hotel beautiful pool the ground floor quiet beach ceiling fan rooms are clean main part enjoyed our stay
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

Good vibes! Loved the location, not too far, not too close. Very good value, room was clean (and cleaned very good every day). Staff was nice and accommodating. Yoga had 2 awesome spaces and awesome teachers. Breakfast was really good (omelettes, french toast, chillaques and was included with our room price). Rented beach towels and a surfboard for a good price. Bought a hand painted bowl from the boutique gift shop for a great price. Arranged airport pick-up and return with no hassles or problems. Provided free drinking water (from 5 gallon water cooler service). Provided snacks and beers in room for a great price.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018

We did not stay at Hotel Villas Sayulita, but intended to. We booked a trip to Mexico for the middle of December into the Christmas holiday. Everything changed when we experienced a death in the family 10 days leading up to our trip. We cancelled all flights and hotels and booked a trip home.

The policy of this vendor states that a 50% deposit is due at the time of booking and is forfeited if the trip is cancelled 14 days within the day of arrival. We cancelled 10 days prior to arrival under notable circumstances so felt ok asking for a deposit refund, credit, or incentive to return to the property and resume our intended trip.

In reply to our request, the vendor restated their policy, expressed their condolences, and offered a 15% discount. I understand not refunding the money, but not offering credit or a better incentive to return felt unfair given the circumstances. All other airlines and hotels we reached out to refunded us or worked with us on an agreeable outcome.

An email exchange ensued elevating to terse words and sentiment. Nothing changed except for an increasing lack of professional language. We understand policies. We also understand unfortunate circumstances. Our complaint of this business is there was no attempt to explore options. We want to go to Sayulita and plan to but will not be returning to this business due to the poor professionalism, rigidness, and greed.

I don't have proof that they refilled their vacancy in our holiday window but if I was a betting man, I'd put money on them keeping half our booking and filling our vacancy. Disappointed and frustrated. Avoid.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan D
Reviewed March 19, 2018

I stayed here as part of a yoga retreat and loved Villas Sayulita. The property was beautiful and clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. I think the best part was the location. It was a quick walk into town, but far enough away that it felt much less noisy and crowded than other parts of Sayulita.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank eanderson7141
Reviewed March 19, 2018

I can not say enough great things about Villas Sayulita! Perfect location, just one block from the beach and close to all the festivities in town, but peaceful and quiet. The staff was friendly, helpful, and made me feel very welcome...Nesh the dog is my new pal! The yoga classes were lovely and the guides were sweet and knowledgable. The grounds were beautiful, luscious with greenery, and very clean. The food was fresh, yummy, and very accommodating for my strict diet (no dairy, no gluten, and vegetarian). The rooms were a great size, very clean, stocked for cooking the lunches/snacks that I ate in, and very sweet looking. I will come to Sayulita again...and I will stay at Villas Sayulita!! (Hopefully in the Penthouse, too. I got a sneak peek up there and it was AMAZING!) Thank you everyone at Villas Sayulita for making my trip wonderful.

Room Tip: Upstairs room had a domed, brick ceiling! For 2 the 2 queen bed room was perfect. With my family (5 of us) we will get the Penthouse!
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lane W
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Lovely rooms, friendly and efficient staff and a delicious breakfast every morning. An easy walk to Sayulita beach and shops. Don’t miss out on signing up for the excursion to ‘Mud Beach’.

The quiet location and fresh water pool give you a great place to relax and read. And try making an herbal tea from a plant grown in the hotel’s own garden.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends