“Perfect escape”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Casa Buena Onda - Sayulita Surf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Sayulita B&B and Inns
Auckland, New Zealand
“Perfect escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Loved staying at Casa Buena Onda!! Terry and Sheryl were both so lovely and helpful. It had such a good feel to it and the rooms were very private and cosy. Great place to stay and we will definatly be coming back. Great location too. Thanks so much guys.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I had booked in to stay here for only 3 nights but ended up falling in love with Sayulita and Casa buena Onda and ended up staying for a week! This place is truly lovely, it was clean, spacious and had everything we needed! The outdoor shower is great to! The house is so close to town and the beach which is helpful! The owners here are lovely, even before we got to Mexico the email they sent was so informative and contained a map and directions as well as tips about Mexico in general. When we arrived they were so welcoming, friendly and helpful to. If you have any questions they are there to answer them. I would recommend this place to everyone and if we go to Sayulita again (which we are defiantly hoping to) we will be staying here again! Thanks for the great stay Casa Buena Onda!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The best shot out of all the other places I stayed in Sayulita, I did feel at home.
The Palapa, was so cozy. It's not huge but it is a very smart use of the space. The roof is separated from the walls and up high the fan keeps the air circulating. The large mosquito net that I covered the bed with never let me down.
It's all fueled by solar energy. All I was doing was going out to the beach all day to surf and so the location was pretty close to everything, but a little hidden, a good thing. The noise didn't bother me as I am familiar with "the sounds of Mexico" and it's part of the trip; but there were ear tampons in the room anyway.
I am coming back here because of the price, the super cute room decoration as well as the general style of the place, and because the hosts are great surf peoples who live a laid back life in this small surf town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

It was our first time in Sayulita over Easter break and we spent a fantastic week-end. Casa Buena Onda really deserves its name and we can not wait to go back! Probably, the best was the open air shower with "azulejos"... we will definitely be back very very soon as Terry, Sheryl and Sayulita are fantastic!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed with Terry and Sheryl over this past Easter weekend and had a wonderful time. The Palapa bungalow they have is perfect for a couple and the rooftop terrace was amazing. Its a quick walk into town where you can get amazing coffee every morning and watch the sights and sounds of Sayulita in action. It's close to the beach, everyone is super friendly and despite being open air (as all of Sayulita is) we got great sleeps and enjoyed listening to everyone go about their day. It was also much quieter than if you were to stay right in town at one of the hostels. Terry and Sheryl have a great place and are really accomodating their daughter even helped us take the bus into Puerto Vallarta after our stay and made sure we knew where to get off and where to go to get to the next part of our vacation. We would definitely recommend it and would love to go back and visit.

Room Tip: The Palapa has a fun spiral staircase and the rooftop has a great view of the town of Sayulita :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We enjoyed the accommodation at "the casa". I respected the owners effort to use solar panels for power and were mindful to not leave lights/fan/other on when we did not need them. We were provided with earplugs and we did use them at night. It wasn't so much that the nights were loud, it was the morning mexico sounds that we were not used to. That all being said waking up naturally to the cockadoodle doo was really nice. We enjoyed the space, rooftop area and open air showers. We would visit again. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my third time in Sayulita. Once at the trailer park and once in a more upscale bungalow. Each place had pros and cons [noise, cost, hospitality...]. Casa Buena Onda, Terry & Sheryl was a fun place to stay. They were great hosts. In fact when my son Justin and I were getting ready to walk the 1/2 mile to catch the bus to PV, Terry offered to take us there on their ATV. I tried my best to give him $10 for gas and his time. He refused to take it.We staid in the Palapa and yes it was noisy (the only reason for the 4 vs 5 stars. However, i have gotten used to noise as part of the Mexican vacation expectation. I believe without the construction noise going on next door, the normal roosters, family and gas truck woudl have been just par for the course. When i stayed at the trailer park, the garbage was right behind us and it stank. There were no oders at all at CBO. The hosts were very nice. they surely cant be blamed for noise. I really liked the location as it was very close to the square and surfing. Reading the emal about wanting your money back becasue of noise makes me laugh. The airplain ride back home with 40 teenagers back from a mission was 5 times as noisy! I did not think to ask Alaska for money or to put me on another plane. A deal is a deal. They warn you it is in a typical Mexican setting and it is not quiet. I plan on going back with my wife again and will be staying with Terry and Sheryl again. I will hope the construction is done--but if not i will plan on surfing later:)

Room Tip: The palapa was small as advertised, but for one solo or a couple, it would be great. It also has its...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family