“Lovely little Italian restaurant with some decent wine”
Review of MiroVino

MiroVino
Ranked #32 of 159 Restaurants in Sayulita
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Miro Vino is a restaurant like no other. Featuring a MexiTerranean menu, great wine selection and a relaxed open air garden setting. The perfect Sayulito dinning experience.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a restaurant where the owner is working and clearly cares that his patrons are happy. Small but decent wine selection (which isn't a given in Sayulita) and a nice selection of Italian. It's not on the menu but they do wood fired pizzas which are very tasty. Recommend the tuna carpaccio with argula - freshest I've tasted. I went there one night alone and it is also a place where a single woman can feel quite comfortable.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Trip Advisor has the address correct, but the map shows it in Mexico City, and not in Sayulita.

I had dinner here with a group of 6, and parts of the evening were very good, and some parts were average. We came to the restaurant a few days before New Years, so it was busier than normal, but not so much that would explain the lack of coordinated service.

The menu here is fairly complete, with lots if interesting dishes, so most groups can find something for everyone. The facility itself is nice, up off the street and is very nicely decorated. Seats aren't the most comfortable, but the table settings are nice and you don't feel like you are in a normal restaurant setting.

Service was just ok, and did not meet up to the potential of the food, and I think in part is responsible for why I don't rate this place higher. In a group of 6 our meals came out at widely different times and while some were eating appetizers, others had just finished their pizzas. Timing of meals is a basic skill in any restaurant. To be so far off on meal presentations means something in the kitchen was broken this evening.

For myself, I had the ceviche appetizer that was maybe one of the best I'd ever had and it set my expectation for a fantastic meal which, unfortunately, never quite materialized. I ordered the evenings seafood pasta special, and it was a huge disappointment. The pasta was undercooked and was served cold, and about 50% of the shellfish in the dish remained closed, which is never a good sign (either they were improperly cooked, or they were bad and shouldn't have been served).

On the plus side, my son had one of the pizza's and it was very good. The place has a wood fired pizza oven, so you get a very traditional Italian tasting pizza. I did taste the tuna (mahi mahi) steak and it was cooked well, with simple spicing. They also have a good wine list with lots of reds and a fair amount of whites to choose from.

Miro Vino also has a full bar, but stick with the wine. The bar tenders was very busy, so those with mixed drinks waited a long time for a refresher. If you're looking for a margarita, they were passable, but you should try another place if you want to drink tequila and margaritas.

I'd try it again, and if they could correct the service and ill prepared dishes, I would probably give it a rating similar to the others.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The comfy leather chairs are reserved for groups of four or more, so singles and couples need to bring a cushion! I enjoyed a great fresh pizza here last year, and in April 2012 had delicious prawns with mango and ginger, which was so good I thought it was worth the splurge. Tried it again last week and was disappointed, food just warm, not hot, sauce not right, one bad prawn, a few vegetables that were more burned than grilled. They did replace the bad shrimp with a pair of hot, nicely plated shrimp. Margarita was a bit sour. Just an off night?

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had 2 dinner's at Miro Vino's during the week we were in Sayulita. We had a few different menu items and they were all delicious. They also have good wine!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had two good meals at Mira Vino, a shared rib-eye that served two easily and was still too much meat, and a wood-fired pizza. The rib-eye took forever on the grill and was still rare, amazingly enough. It was perhaps over-marbled but was succulent and tender. The eggplant parmeasean starter was tasty and interesting. Wine prices seemed fair. It was too hot for red, and we were quite happy with the Chilean Sauvignon Blanc @ $15US.

The pizza is build your own. I didn’t compare it to any of the other well thought of pizza places in town, but $13 US for more good, wood-fired pizza than we could finish seemed good value.

The staff is friendly and competent. The patron was kind enough to say he remembered us from before the first night (it had been more than a year), and the entire staff greeted us as regular clients for our second visit within the week. They make every effort to do Italian/European food, not just Italian named dishes with Mexican overtones. The atmosphere is pleasant and it’s nice to have the energy of a week-end evening on a Mexican Plaza next door. This is a pleasant change of pace from most other places in town we’ve tried.